A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Honestly don't know what to think of this AD situation. Obviously I would love to have him, but when has gutting an entire roster/core for one player ever worked out?

As great as they are: (old) Bron + AD + fill in the blanks, don't sound like a surefire championship contender to me or a smart way to build for the future.
LeBron is a damn championship contender by himself breh. :usure: It’s the move or type of move you gotta make if you want to make the most out of LeBron’s contract. People overrate potential. Building for the future is cool and all but sometimes you gotta take full advantage of the present.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
It’s clear AD wants out and wants to be a Laker. With the rumors so high right now, he’s having dinner and joking around. That quote about legacy as well.

With that being said, there is a very little chance pelicans trade him here. Teams do not like helping Lakers. I hope Lebron candy magic can be patient one more season and we can get him in FA but idk either will do that.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s clear AD wants out and wants to be a Laker. With the rumors so high right now, he’s having dinner and joking around. That quote about legacy as well.

With that being said, there is a very little chance pelicans trade him here. Teams do not like helping Lakers. I hope Lebron candy magic can be patient one more season and we can get him in FA but idk either will do that.

this is why I never get my hopes up. teams HATE us

Pacers sued us for "tampering" even after they traded PG

Spurs wanted everything from us for Kawhi on some bitter shyt

Suns refused to trade us Ariza out of all people because of some made up rivalry

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby

Pretty much this, realistically we had no shot at Khawi. Same with George last year. Everyone is looking to fukk us. Magic and Rob gonna have to be creative

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers

this is why I never get my hopes up. teams HATE us

Pacers sued us for "tampering" even after they traded PG

Spurs wanted everything from us for Kawhi on some bitter shyt

Suns refused to trade us Ariza out of all people because of some made up rivalry
Had the fukking commissioner blocking trades left and right:mjlol:

This is how you know the Lakers are truly the GOAT franchise in all of professional sports we got a whole league actively working against us:wow:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Honestly don't know what to think of this AD situation. Obviously I would love to have him, but when has gutting an entire roster/core for one player ever worked out?

As great as they are: (old) Bron + AD + fill in the blanks, don't sound like a surefire championship contender to me or a smart way to build for the future.
It’s the only way this nikka gets to the finals tho

Still not gonna beat GS unless Kawhi comes

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Pretty much this, realistically we had no shot at Khawi. Same with George last year. Everyone is looking to fukk us. Magic and Rob gonna have to be creative

Had the fukking commissioner blocking trades left and right:mjlol:

This is how you know the Lakers are truly the GOAT franchise in all of professional sports we got a whole league actively working against us:wow:
GOAT franchise is it’s own league, they should stamp our name next to NBA on some WCW/nWo type shyt. Goes to show the levels of disrespect the Lakers have to constantly endure.

It’s no problem to deal with the salt when we got the right people running the show. cokehead and mitch weren’t the ones as long as Dr Buss was gone.

Once we come up I want to see rivers of tears from these lowly franchises and stanbases. :wowkobe:

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I don't think you should trade for AD. Think about this. IF you can land Kawhi or KD this summer (most likely Kawhi) plus still having Kuz, Ingram, Zo, and Bron on the team. We are the best team in the league. And are for sure the deepest team in the league. No reason to gut the squad. AD is a great player/stat stuffer. I don't believe he's a winner, yet. There's a difference.

Go all in on getting Kawhi. I still don't believe he will stay in Toronto or sign with The Clippers.

Same thing I’m thinking. Bron, another star, and Zo/Kuz/Ingram/Hart and other solid pieces would be a deep squad. That makes perfect sense

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
I was thinking about this last night. As much as AD gets hurt, do we really want to sell the farm for him and have a thin team with no good future assets while praying old man Lebron can stay healthy and dominant?

Also, I think people are continuing to really undersell our young core.

Kuzma is again looking like a top player in his draft class. He’s outperforming arguably anybody but Fox. Check his stats compared to Tatum. He is on the cusp of stardom.

Ingram has everything but a reliable above average jumper, but it’s not broken. I fully believe he will still be a two way star. He looked great last night, and he sees how effective he can be cutting and doing little things like setting good screens. He learns fast, man. He has a tendency to adjust/refocus after coming back from injuries or all star breaks.

Lonzo is feast or famine right now but he’s quietly improved his percentages this year and gets better week by week. He of course can do everything but score efficiently. He looks like an elite defender most nights and his floor is a high level glue guy. But if he can get a good summer in the gym to work on fundamentals :wow:

Hart... I’m not sure about him :pachaha:. At worst he is a starter quality 3 and “D” (allegedly...) player on most teams. He may develop in to a Josh Richardson type.

All of this to say, I like our core a lot. I’d rather get another star in free agency as planned. But if we strike out? I’m fine with our guys. Besides, other stars will become available.
You trade them all if you get a chance to land a generational talent like Davis. Those 4 players combined will never impact the game like he does. Dude is only 2 years older than Kuz.