A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

camer999

All Star
Daps
Honestly don't know what to think of this AD situation. Obviously I would love to have him, but when has gutting an entire roster/core for one player ever worked out?

As great as they are: (old) Bron + AD + fill in the blanks, don't sound like a surefire championship contender to me or a smart way to build for the future.
Bron/kawhi would be a better fit if that was a possibility. However, if we could get away with only giving up 2 of the main four+multiple picks that would be ideal. Hopefully the two wouldn’t be BI AND kuzma.

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
Honestly don't know what to think of this AD situation. Obviously I would love to have him, but when has gutting an entire roster/core for one player ever worked out?

As great as they are: (old) Bron + AD + fill in the blanks, don't sound like a surefire championship contender to me or a smart way to build for the future.

I don't think the trade would be worth it at all if we had to give up Zo, BI, Kuz, and a couple picks

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

I was thinking about this last night. As much as AD gets hurt, do we really want to sell the farm for him and have a thin team with no good future assets while praying old man Lebron can stay healthy and dominant?

Also, I think people are continuing to really undersell our young core.

Kuzma is again looking like a top player in his draft class. He’s outperforming arguably anybody but Fox. Check his stats compared to Tatum. He is on the cusp of stardom.

Ingram has everything but a reliable above average jumper, but it’s not broken. I fully believe he will still be a two way star. He looked great last night, and he sees how effective he can be cutting and doing little things like setting good screens. He learns fast, man. He has a tendency to adjust/refocus after coming back from injuries or all star breaks.

Lonzo is feast or famine right now but he’s quietly improved his percentages this year and gets better week by week. He of course can do everything but score efficiently. He looks like an elite defender most nights and his floor is a high level glue guy. But if he can get a good summer in the gym to work on fundamentals :wow:

Hart... I’m not sure about him :pachaha:. At worst he is a starter quality 3 and “D” (allegedly...) player on most teams. He may develop in to a Josh Richardson type.

All of this to say, I like our core a lot. I’d rather get another star in free agency as planned. But if we strike out? I’m fine with our guys. Besides, other stars will become available.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think you should trade for AD. Think about this. IF you can land Kawhi or KD this summer (most likely Kawhi) plus still having Kuz, Ingram, Zo, and Bron on the team. We are the best team in the league. And are for sure the deepest team in the league. No reason to gut the squad. AD is a great player/stat stuffer. I don't believe he's a winner, yet. There's a difference.

Go all in on getting Kawhi. I still don't believe he will stay in Toronto or sign with The Clippers.

camer999

All Star
Daps
What do you see as the likely ceiling (not pie in the sky, but actually likely) for Zo, BI, and Kuz two years from now?
I know you weren’t talking to me, but I’m gonna chime in. I could see kuz being a prime melo type at his absolute ceiling. B.I. Is hard to gauge. I see a tall jimmy butler type (would be derozan if he played no D). Zo, PG draymond with a better shot at his peak.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Said it before and I'd say it again..AD, Bron, and bums ain't winning shyt. Depth matters. Look at last years pelicans.
Exactly. When has that shyt ever worked when gutting a team for a star player. I don't care how great AD is against the Warriors him and Lebron wouldn't be enough. I'd rather keep the depth for cheap and try and a star this offseason. As made up I think with more improvement by the young guys this team can compete now just with their depth.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
x683on87mv521.jpg

Last edited:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Bron/kawhi would be a better fit if that was a possibility. However, if we could get away with only giving up 2 of the main four+multiple picks that would be ideal. Hopefully the two wouldn’t be BI AND kuzma.

Keep Lonzo and Kuz trade the other tw.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I don't think you should trade for AD. Think about this. IF you can land Kawhi or KD this summer (most likely Kawhi) plus still having Kuz, Ingram, Zo, and Bron on the team. We are the best team in the league. And are for sure the deepest team in the league. No reason to gut the squad. AD is a great player/stat stuffer. I don't believe he's a winner, yet. There's a difference.

Go all in on getting Kawhi. I still don't believe he will stay in Toronto or sign with The Clippers.

They most likely won’t get either of them. The best they’ll do in free agency is Kemba. Kemba/ Bron/ and AD Via trade is the best they get next yr.