A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Bro, I'm serious. Rondo gets a lot of assists but dude seriously ismnot doing a lot but yelling and basically handing the ball off.

I'm more concerned with his defense. I like him on the floor when there is no real PG though, but I can't see how his game will mesh with Lebron. He doesn't move without the basketball, he doesn't really do anything unless he has the ball.

I really don't see a place for him if Zo is playing well

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC
1. If it is not right now then what is the point in trading Kuzma right now? And no it is not plausible, none of those guys except Butler (who will be traded to another team very soon) are on the market. Kemba is the only guy I can see being moved from that list if Hornets hesitate to pay him the big contract. Whiteside is an inconsistent player on a bad contract, there is a reason Heat are trying to get rid of him.

2. You didn't get this point, Lakers can not trade for Butler right now. They can do it December 15th, I highly doubt Butler lasts till December 15.

3. Not one GM in this league is taking Lance over Kuzma. Lance is good for spot mins before he does stupid shyt. I enjoy Lance on the team, but the reality is reality..if he was that great of a player, he would not be on his 6th team in 3 years. The last time Lance averaged over 10 ppg was in 2014. If I need a guy for scoring off the bench I am taking Kuzma over Lance 10/10 times.

4. So we are on the same page? Not rushing is waiting for best trade possible.

5. This is a 1 year team, half the guys wont be here next year so why would you trade a guy away who was a great fit last year? What if Luke adjusts his role or Lakers get rid of some guys on the bench and Kuzma gets to do what he did last year. Right now he is being forced to play 5, which he doesn't know how to. If Lakers don't have a place for him other than playing at 5 then sure he will never fit.

6. We just need a big body, anyone is an upgrade over Kuzma at 5 or Zubac. Vuc is not a good defensive guy but he's on a 1 year deal and can at least give offense. Gasol/Valancuinas/Jordan/Henson are not on the block. Whiteside has been on the block for months now and no one wants him because he isn't worth the money he is getting.

7. They do but I am being realistic for this season, if mcGee is going to start they need a backup big who can potentially be on the trading block and come here.
Breh that nikka you arguing with, for many years has been anti Kobe/Pro Lebron. He’s no real Lakers fan, he’s a Lebron Stan who creeped his way into LWObwith a new name.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
1. If it is not right now then what is the point in trading Kuzma right now? And no it is not plausible, none of those guys except Butler (who will be traded to another team very soon) are on the market.

This is why you dangle Kuzma:

Heat nearly finalized a deal for Butler, but it fell apart at the last second

Apparently they had almost finalized a deal, but Minnesota asked for more at the last second and the deal fell apart.

If Minnesota thinks that Miami is offering them the best deal they can get, then maybe they go through with the trade and Butler is gone. They're only going to let the deal fall apart if they can get something better elsewhere. If the Lakers are telling Minny something to the effect of "if this ends up taking two months then Kuzma is likely going to be on the table", that might encourage Minnesota to push for more in their talks with other teams, and increases the likelihood that Butler will still be available at the point when the Lakers can get him.

Colejeezy

Rest In Peace KOBE
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This is why you dangle Kuzma:

Heat nearly finalized a deal for Butler, but it fell apart at the last second

Apparently they had almost finalized a deal, but Minnesota asked for more at the last second and the deal fell apart.

If Minnesota thinks that Miami is offering them the best deal they can get, then maybe they go through with the trade and Butler is gone. They're only going to let the deal fall apart if they can get something better elsewhere. If the Lakers are telling Minny something to the effect of "if this ends up taking two months then Kuzma is likely going to be on the table", that might encourage Minnesota to push for more in their talks with other teams, and increases the likelihood that Butler will still be available at the point when the Lakers can get him.

they are not trading kuzma for any package with jimmy butler - stfu. i know you bron stans are used to trading pieces for young players but thats now how its gonna be in LA.

The production you get from Kuz and the cost control is a major plus. He is playing out of position with this experiment by Luke playing him at the 5. he'lll be fine.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Why is this turning into a beef thread ?
We all LWO now
Let's have some damn unity

Brehs gon be beefin in here for a bit it seems like. I think winning will have all of us on the same page but we gotta be real Bron stans have been viewed as the enemy for years because of their attacks on Kobe and their general transgressions.

But right now for better or worse those Bron stans are also Laker fans. Within reason of course, they have to be included in the fold. I think the more time is spent ironing things the more we’ll be on the same page.

I’ll even play devil’s advocate, while I sometimes don’t care for the titangraphs of stats I appreciate that they are at least discussing the team. Even if it’s centered around Bron and his title chances.

Last edited:

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
Why is this turning into a beef thread ?
We all LWO now
Let's have some damn unity

giphy.webp