A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lakers need to offer the suns Ingram

usp_nba__los_angeles_lakers_at_los_angeles_clipper_99116227-e1523553635872.jpg

:mjlol::lolbron::lolbron:

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
Ingram, Ball and KCP to start with along with picks if necessary. Kuzma and Hart have proven to be the best fits alongside LeBron out of the young guys. I don't want them going anywhere. If they could trot out a starting lineup of Beal, Hart, LeBron, Kuzma and Javale, I would like their chances against just about anybody.

Lebron is 34. We need a team after him. Stop being obsessed with moving pieces with far more upside to fit Lebron now when we're not competing for a title this year. Ingram especially. :martin:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
That would be my dream scenario as well, but they can't match salary for him once KCP is gone and the Brow sweepstakes won't begin until the summer if he turns down NO's extension.
That's not actually true, I broke it down earlier in this thread. AD is making $27 million next year, you only have to get to $22 million in the trade. Lakers have enough space during the offseason to sign a max guy AND add in someone else (like Javale) for $5 million or so, plus the midlevel exception at $6 million or whatever (Mbah a Moute or Danny Green or someone like that or even re-signing Rondo?) and the every-other year exception at $2 million (Patrick Beverly?).

Ball: $9 million
Ingram: $6 million
Midlevel: $6 million
That other FA: $5 million
Every-other-year: $2 million
Kuzma: $2 million
Hart: $2 million
Wagner: $2 million

That's $34 million in salary and you only need to get to $22 million. Lakers have a LOT of mix-and-match options to make the salaries work out. Ball, Ingram, the midlevel and Hart would do it, for instance.

Lakers need to offer the suns Ingram

usp_nba__los_angeles_lakers_at_los_angeles_clipper_99116227-e1523553635872.jpg
Could even throw in Ball on a sign-and-trade to sweeten the deal. :ehh:

44831c171582d4ce4d67127f1517477a

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Lebron is 34. We need a team after him. Stop being obsessed with moving pieces with far more upside to fit Lebron now when we're not competing for a title this year. Ingram especially. :martin:

I like Ingram and I was one of the people pushing hard for him going into that draft, but I just don't see what you guys are so hung up on at this point. You guys stick up for him no matter what and consider him untouchable when he's never even had a stretch of games as good as Kuzma's last six and he is relentlessly criticized in here. :yeshrug:

Beal, Kuzma and Hart would still be a solid foundation after LeBron is washed. And speaking of LeBron, does anything suggest he's not gonna be playing at a high level through the first three years of his deal? Do you really just want to ride it out with what the team has and hope it doesn't turn into the last five years all over again after he's done?

What if they had Beal, Hart, LeBron and Kuzma going into next summer and signed Cousins? Nobody would be excited about that? Really?

That's not actually true, I broke it down earlier in this thread. AD is making $27 million next year, you only have to get to $22 million in the trade. Lakers have enough space during the offseason to sign a max guy AND add in someone else (like Javale) for $5 million or so, plus the midlevel exception at $6 million or whatever (Mbah a Moute or Danny Green or someone like that or even re-signing Rondo?) and the every-other year exception at $2 million (Patrick Beverly?).

Ball: $9 million
Ingram: $6 million
Midlevel: $6 million
That other FA: $5 million
Every-other-year: $2 million
Kuzma: $2 million
Hart: $2 million
Wagner: $2 million

That's $34 million in salary and you only need to get to $22 million. Lakers have a LOT of mix-and-match options to make the salaries work out. Ball, Ingram, the midlevel and Hart would do it, for instance.

Could even throw in Ball on a sign-and-trade to sweeten the deal. :ehh:

44831c171582d4ce4d67127f1517477a

That would require Ball, Ingram, Kuzma and Hart. Then they'd be thinner than the Warriors depth-wise and still less talented with LeBron nearing the end of his prime. They'd have no quality backcourt players at all.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
They're a half game out of third in the west right now and some of you would rather just ride it out with this core until LeBron is done. Does anyone honestly think Ingram, Ball, Kuzma and Hart are a better young core than what Denver currently has? What about Sacramento? The 76ers? The Pacers? The Celtics? The Raptors? The Bucks? Minnesota has a better core because of Towns alone.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
They're a half game out of third in the west right now and some of you would rather just ride it out with this core until LeBron is done. Does anyone honestly think Ingram, Ball, Kuzma and Hart are a better young core than what Denver currently has? What about Sacramento? The 76ers? The Pacers? The Celtics? The Raptors? The Bucks? Minnesota has a better core because of Towns alone.
No one is saying to hold them but to trade them for Beal is stupid. Beal is not good enough to really sway the team. All of them combined bring similar production on different positions.

There were better players and will be better players available on trade block.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
That would require Ball, Ingram, Kuzma and Hart. Then they'd be thinner than the Warriors depth-wise and still less talented with LeBron nearing the end of his prime. They'd have no quality backcourt players at all.
It might require Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, and Hart solely to get the Pelicans to pull the trigger, depending on what those guys look like between now and then.

But the salary cap doesn't require all of them. About the only one that is certainly necessary is Ball, cause he has the biggest salary. After Ball you only need $13 million more - you could make Ingram OR the mid-level guy the center of that, add the player you sign into the post-max cap space and then put in a couple of the $2/year types, or you could make Ingram AND the mid-level guy the center, add the guy you signed into your extra space and you don't need to put Kuzma and Hart in at all. If you specifically want to save Ingram or Kuzma you certainly can, at least salary-cap wise, and you definitely don't have to include Hart unless the Pelicans insist on getting him..

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
Ariza and his agent, Aaron Mintz of CAA, had hoped that the Lakers could complete a deal with the Suns, but that became more difficult to navigate in recent days, league sources said. Sarver became more sensitive about doing a deal with the Lakers in wake of the criticism that came with allowing center Tyson Chandler to get a contract buyout to join the Lakers last month, sources said. The Lakers had been eager to make a deal for Ariza.

Sources: Wiz, Suns working on new Ariza trade

Last edited:

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
what is the point of getting bron, if you are not gonna get the pieces to compliment him?
ingram is not capable of winning a title on his own after bron retires

kawhi and kd aint coming
lakers don't have enough quality players to trade for AD...pelicans will absolutely reject a ball + ingram package as of right now because they both look replacement level

bron basically has 2 elite years left...this year and next year...that means the lakers title window is two years unless the lakers can get AD (who bron can play a supporting role to after 35)

next top player coming out is giannis in 2021...that is obviously too late

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
I like Ingram and I was one of the people pushing hard for him going into that draft, but I just don't see what you guys are so hung up on at this point. You guys stick up for him no matter what and consider him untouchable when he's never even had a stretch of games as good as Kuzma's last six and he is relentlessly criticized in here. :yeshrug:

Beal, Kuzma and Hart would still be a solid foundation after LeBron is washed. And speaking of LeBron, does anything suggest he's not gonna be playing at a high level through the first three years of his deal? Do you really just want to ride it out with what the team has and hope it doesn't turn into the last five years all over again after he's done?

What if they had Beal, Hart, LeBron and Kuzma going into next summer and signed Cousins? Nobody would be excited about that? Really?

Because Lebron makes role players seem better than they are and makes players that often require the ball look worse. Ingram looked fine towards the end of last year and as he gets more involved he looks fine again. Kuzma is a great scorer and does well alongside Lebron, he is not nearly effective sans Lebron nor he is a capable defender. Literally all the guys you listed to trade are our best defenders outside of the bigs. Do you want us to be Cavs 2.0 or something because Rondo/Beal/Lebron/Kuzma/McGee ain't defending shyt.

And stop with the Lonzo slander just because he doesn't score. Do you think we need more scorers on this team? More guys that need the ball in their hands? :martin: Again I don't want to be the Cavs 2.0 and yes I do think there's reason to believe Lebron declines as he ages because all athletes do and eventually others will have to do more and that means not relying on him to set them up all the time. As he ages his defense will also get more lazy, again meaning we will need defenders to shore up for his lazy possessions.

If Beal was a Harden time I'd be fine with it. If this was Kawhi then I could live with it. He's not that and I'm not giving up the future for Beal so we become slightly closer to a contender but not a real one as he doesn't push us over the edge anyways.