A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia

this is good for us...

can see the Lakers playing chess while these bums playin checkers.. we know the suns aint trading ariza to us.

but now the wizards have two pieces we could want at Lakerland- ariza and beal

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're a half game out of third in the west right now and some of you would rather just ride it out with this core until LeBron is done. Does anyone honestly think Ingram, Ball, Kuzma and Hart are a better young core than what Denver currently has? What about Sacramento? The 76ers? The Pacers? The Celtics? The Raptors? The Bucks? Minnesota has a better core because of Towns alone.
Beal not moving the needle like that. We a top team out west with the young cats, there is literally no reason to trade them.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
Once that deal fell apart, the Suns re-engaged with the Los Angeles Lakerson trade talks for Ariza, league sources said. Suns owner Robert Sarver and interim general manager James Jones were working with Ariza's agent, Aaron Mintz, on brokering a deal with the Lakers, but it never materialized. The Lakers were unwilling to include one of their core young players in the trade, and the Suns ultimately moved back to complete a deal with the Wizards.

Done lost their damn minds lol

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
No one is saying to hold them but to trade them for Beal is stupid. Beal is not good enough to really sway the team. All of them combined bring similar production on different positions.

There were better players and will be better players available on trade block.

Again, Beal is a 23/4/4 player, which is great as as second option. None of the young guys are capable of putting that up on a consistent basis besides Kuzma.

Because Lebron makes role players seem better than they are and makes players that often require the ball look worse. Ingram looked fine towards the end of last year and as he gets more involved he looks fine again. Kuzma is a great scorer and does well alongside Lebron, he is not nearly effective sans Lebron nor he is a capable defender. Literally all the guys you listed to trade are our best defenders outside of the bigs. Do you want us to be Cavs 2.0 or something because Rondo/Beal/Lebron/Kuzma/McGee ain't defending shyt.

And stop with the Lonzo slander just because he doesn't score. Do you think we need more scorers on this team? More guys that need the ball in their hands? :martin: Again I don't want to be the Cavs 2.0 and yes I do think there's reason to believe Lebron declines as he ages because all athletes do and eventually others will have to do more and that means not relying on him to set them up all the time. As he ages his defense will also get more lazy, again meaning we will need defenders to shore up for his lazy possessions.

If Beal was a Harden time I'd be fine with it. If this was Kawhi then I could live with it. He's not that and I'm not giving up the future for Beal so we become slightly closer to a contender but not a real one as he doesn't push us over the edge anyways.

They play 4-on-5 when Lonzo is out there because he has no offensive game to speak of. They can't play him down the stretch because LA becomes easier to defend when he's out there. Breh, NOBODY guards him during games. Here's his last eight games from three (with nobody around him): 0-3, 1-5, 0-2, 3-6, 2-6, 0-5, 1-3, 0-6. You're goddamn right I want someone else on this team who can score/shoot. Your team has to be able to score in this league to compete.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Lakers need to offer the suns Ingram

usp_nba__los_angeles_lakers_at_los_angeles_clipper_99116227-e1523553635872.jpg

:russ:

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Minnesota's been playing better as of late...But if they decide to be sellers at the deadline...Taj Gibson would be a great pick up for the lakers...A Power Forward who can defend,post up and knock down a mid-range jump shot...Taj is on the last year of his contract,and with KAT extension kicking in next season...I don't think the Wolves will be interested in giving him a 10-12 million dollar multi-year deal...Saving some money on this year's luxury tax would be another reason to trade Taj before the deadline.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Minnesota's been playing better as of late...But if they decide to be sellers at the deadline...Taj Gibson would be a great pick up for the lakers...A Power Forward who can defend,post up and knock down a mid-range jump shot...Taj is on the last year of his contract,and with KAT extension kicking in next season...I don't think the Wolves will be interested in giving him a 10-12 million dollar multi-year deal...Saving some money on this year's luxury tax would be another reason to trade Taj before the deadline.

He’d be interesting, I’m still intrigued with getting the other Morris twin on the Wizards. I feel like he’s a perfect compliment to McGee/Chandler.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s gonna end up being a blame Bron thing in the national media when it actually happens but Magic was always going to can Luke at some point. New management always wants to bring in their own coaching staff. The Lakers may just play too well for a Luke firing to be possible though, because this team can very well make the WCF, and if GS slips at all LA has the one guy we all know could take advantage of it.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Again, Beal is a 23/4/4 player, which is great as as second option. None of the young guys are capable of putting that up on a consistent basis besides Kuzma.

They play 4-on-5 when Lonzo is out there because he has no offensive game to speak of. They can't play him down the stretch because LA becomes easier to defend when he's out there. Breh, NOBODY guards him during games. Here's his last eight games from three (with nobody around him): 0-3, 1-5, 0-2, 3-6, 2-6, 0-5, 1-3, 0-6. You're goddamn right I want someone else on this team who can score/shoot. Your team has to be able to score in this league to compete.
Beal as a 2nd option is not good enough to win in the west..again, trading for him now means no max space and also taking yourself out of the AD sweepstakes. It would be stupid as hell to make that trade, if you want to revisit this trade after the offseason..I don't mind it if Lakers have the right pieces.