A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Who was the number 2 for the Cavs last yr?
There was no number 2 but that was a unicorn run. LeBron put together a combination of incredible performances and game-winners that probably won't ever be replicated across an entire postseason, plus the Cavs got lucky in that the Pacers weren't quite ready yet, the Raptors were shook, and the Celtics were too young.

Think about it - they damn near lost in the 1st round to the Pacers and only survived in 7 because LeBron put together like three 45-8-8 games along with a game-saving block and a game-winning three. You really gonna bet on that happening again? And that was with a bunch of vets with playoff experience too.

Perhaps we could have a Dirk/Mavs type run where it’s Bron and everyone contributes in overwhelming numbers?
Except that Jason Terry was absolutely a fine #2 for that Mavs team. He was an experienced vet in his 7th postseason who averaged 18ppg on 48/44/84 shooting splits during that run in a year where scoring was lower than it will likely be this year, and scored 20+ nine times in the postseason including 27, 29, and 32 games.

Who do you see as a Jason Terry this year, someone who you can regularly rely on to score somewhere around 18-20ppg on efficient shooting? Even if BI or Kuzma get to that point in the regular season, do you trust them to bring it in their first playoffs?

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I predicted 55 wins and the WCF and I stick by that :lolbron:

I think we are going to be unstoppable after the All Star break (I predict no major trades in season involving core pieces).
55 wins?? Well damn :leon: I have them at 47 wins and the 7th seed, ill be pleasantly surprised if if Im wrong. Gotta remember how LeBron led teams play in January :whoa: could take a step back

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
DPOY leggo :wow:

h6c9t8te74221.jpg

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
You know it's actually a piss off how Lonzo gets treated. We got a team full of scorers and he does literally everything else which fits perfectly and yet people still want to give him grief over it. If there's one thing he really needs to improve its his half court playmaking, not scoring.

camer999

All Star
Daps
It's gonna have to Ingram or bust. I think Kuzma will settle in a nice number 3 guy but Ingram has to take another step in consistency regarding his scoring for us to reach another level.
I gotta ask what does Ingram really have over kuz that makes it obvious? Kuz has shown to be a slightly better offensive player with improved defense. Ingram’s defense is better still though. If kuz continues to improve defensively I don’t think it’s a question anymore.

camer999

All Star
Daps
How long are yall gonna ignore that the only reason the Cavs made the Finals is because Kyrie was hurt? Yall stay acting like he single handedly overcame some giant obstacle to make the Finals last year. We not beating the Warriors without a #2 and jury is still out on how we stack up vs teams like OKC, who have Russ and PG not hoe ass Lowry and Droz
It’s huge because the Cavs are ass and that team would’ve led tank command without Bron.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I gotta ask what does Ingram really have over kuz that makes it obvious? Kuz has shown to be a slightly better offensive player with improved defense. Ingram’s defense is better still though. If kuz continues to improve defensively I don’t think it’s a question anymore.

Ingram has better handles and is the better isolation scorer. Sure Kuzma could be that #2 guy but I don't expect it due to his handles and post game still being underdeveloped. The gap between them is not that big on the offensive end but I feel if Ingram can get some consistency in his shooting then he can emerge.

camer999

All Star
Daps
Ingram has better handles and is the better isolation scorer. Sure Kuzma could be that #2 guy but I don't expect it due to his handles and post game still being underdeveloped. The gap between them is not that big on the offensive end but I feel if Ingram can get some consistency in his shooting then he can emerge.
He is further along in iso than kiz. I guess it’s who gets consistant first.