A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
He does look better without Bron on the floor. Bron needs to let him handle the rock more and BI should move without the ball when Bron is on ball.

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
He does look better without Bron on the floor. Bron needs to let him handle the rock more and BI should move without the ball when Bron is on ball.
against bench players...and at the 3...white runnign point

lebron is not the problem.. KUZ starting is.. he needs to go back to the 3 and lbj back at the 4.

the ingram at the 2 experiment should have ended already.

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Ingram's shooting and scoring numbers with LeBron on the court are damn near the exact same as last year. The only effect LeBron has had is that Ingram's assists have gone down.

Those "without LeBron" stats are based on a sample size of just 5 minutes a game. Ya'all think that Ingram has suddenly made the leap into a 30ppg player on 60% shooting, that that's what he'd be doing without LeBron here? You can see him play, what do you think?

:camby:
I think these numbers support the eye test - including preseason, when Brandon was lighting shyt up and showing a lot of improvements while Lebron was playing only in the first half, leaving BI a lot more room to breathe. It’s not like I’m blaming Lebron (you’re sounding defensive...), but it’s interesting. It gives credence to those who say BI is not fitting with Lebron at the moment.

Ingram has been groomed to be the number one option so it’s not too surprising that he plays better as the primary ball handler.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
We didn't need LBJ...we needed vets on one yr deals who were happy w/ a reduced role & an all star big.

Everyone plays better without LBJ bc Bron ball is killing the effectiveness of the Lakers offense.

Man.....:russ:

We about 3 months in the season,
With our best ranking and record we’ve had at this time in the last 5 seasons.

This ain’t been Bron Ball, it’s been Luke Walton’s “Laker Way” that’s been going on thus far.

Now for all the criticism of this supposed “Bron Ball,” it has gotten this man and his teams to the finals..... what the last EIGHT YEARS STRAIGHT?!

At this point it’s kinda a proven system, and if Luke “Laker Way” starts to fail, I’d GLADY take this so hated BRON BALL if it can successfully take us to the finals for his NINTH STRAIGHT SEASON and our first in over a decade.

This ain’t the hill to die on:mjlol:

Martha

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I think these numbers support the eye test - including preseason, when Brandon was lighting shyt up and showing a lot of improvements while Lebron was playing only in the first half, leaving BI a lot more room to breathe. It’s not like I’m blaming Lebron (you’re sounding defensive...), but it’s interesting. It gives credence to those who say BI is not fitting with Lebron at the moment.

Ingram has been groomed to be the number one option so it’s not too surprising that he plays better as the primary ball handler.

All season long Ingram's biggest issue has been his decision making. He's been taking bad shots, especially bad midrange shots, and making sloppy turnovers when he doesn't need to. He should be getting to the rim a lot more but he's not in part because he's got a body that looks like how a kid would draw a stick-figure of a basketball player:

Brandon-Ingram-1612837.jpg

LeBron-James-Brandon-Ingram-1050779.jpg

LeBron's not the one keeping Ingram from working on his strength, especially in an offseason when everyone else was in the gym. LeBron's not the one telling Ingram to settle for midrange shots instead of getting to the hole. LeBron's not the one keeping Ingram from shooting more threes or hitting the threes he shoots. Those are the big issues with Ingram's game right now, and none of them have to do with LeBron.

The funny thing is, I know you know this right now. You and I probably have had damn near the same opinion of Ingram - that he has the most two-way potential of any of the Lakers' young guys, that he could be a star, but that he's not always doing the things he needs to do in order to fit into a good team. That's why hearing this revisionist view from one stat is surprising - no way during the preseason were you saying that Ingram looked like an efficient 30ppg player but was worse playing with LeBron.

p.s. - I should add, I'm not gonna say this is all Ingram's fault. He's been playing out of position for a lot of the season too, which probably has an effect on his comfort level which is a really important thing to him.

Last edited:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Man.....:russ:

We about 3 months in the season,
With our best ranking and record we’ve had at this time in the last 5 seasons.

This ain’t been Bron Ball, it’s been Luke Walton’s “Laker Way” that’s been going on thus far.

Now for all the criticism of this supposed “Bron Ball,” it has gotten this man and his teams to the finals..... what the last EIGHT YEARS STRAIGHT?!

At this point it’s kinda a proven system, and if Luke “Laker Way” starts to fail, I’d GLADY take this so hated BRON BALL if it can successfully take us to the finals for his NINTH STRAIGHT SEASON and our first in over a decade.

This ain’t the hill to die on:mjlol:

Martha

Bron ball worked in a JV conference w/ Wade, Bosh, Kyrie & Love...it won't work in the West

We don't celebrate finals appearances in LA

If he's serious about winning, he'd play off the ball more, post up more, play better defense, limit his turnovers, practice free throws, and stop delivering hot potato assists in the 4th quarter.

The crazy thing is when he plays the right way we look damn good...but that Magic game showed that the old dog wasn't for the new tricks...even if it benefits him & the team in the long run.

The reason why he reverts back to Bron ball, to stat-pad...bc it justifies his greatness to his stans,,,when real b-ball purists understand that his stats are inflated due to him hijacking the offense.

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
LeBron has beaten multiple better teams this decade than the Lakers have EVER beaten since you started watching basketball. :dead:

His record in the finals is 17-31

THAT IS HORRIBLE

And I'm pretty sure I'm older than you...hence me watching ball since the 80s

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Ingram's shooting and scoring numbers with LeBron on the court are damn near the exact same as last year. The only effect LeBron has had is that Ingram's assists have gone down.

Those "without LeBron" stats are based on a sample size of just 5 minutes a game. Ya'all think that Ingram has suddenly made the leap into a 30ppg player on 60% shooting, that that's what he'd be doing without LeBron here? You can see him play, what do you think?

:camby:

Yea i been seeing this growing forced narrative and im sure these muthafukkas aint watching the game. BI is a really good player.. can get to bucket great.. Good slasher.. decent defense i expect it to be better with his athleticism and length. But something between the ears is missing and when crunch come he fails. Everytime. Ive literally seen Lebron give him the rock for 2-3 possessions straight...and he not know what the fukk to do. And if that Jumper aint falling Brandon Ingram sucks ass. Ive seen it. Nikka will drive.. get cut off.. and shoot a fukking brick then go pout in the corner. Yall keep saying he a playmaker. Where is the consistency???? I said weeks ago lets see whats good with him.. didnt wanna give up a wack ass Coli Hottake. He still doing Brandon Ingram shyt. Couple great highlights.. couple dope plays during the game some fire dunks...teasing the fukk outta yall. Meanwhile you gotta High School coach looking white boys in Dallas Utah and Orlando looking like unstoppable machines and yall beating yall dikks to fukking Jonathan Bender 2.0. long post but fukk it

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
All season long Ingram's biggest issue has been his decision making. He's been taking bad shots, especially bad midrange shots, and making sloppy turnovers when he doesn't need to. He should be getting to the rim a lot more but he's not in part because he's got a body that looks like how a kid would draw a stick-figure of a basketball player:

LeBron's not the one keeping Ingram from working on his strength, especially in an offseason when everyone else was in the gym. LeBron's not the one telling Ingram to settle for midrange shots instead of getting to the hole. LeBron's not the one keeping Ingram from shooting more threes or hitting the threes he shoots. Those are the big issues with Ingram's game right now, and none of them have to do with LeBron.

The funny thing is, I know you know this right now. You and I probably have had damn near the same opinion of Ingram - that he has the most two-way potential of any of the Lakers' young guys, that he could be a star, but that he's not always doing the things he needs to do in order to fit into a good team. That's why hearing this revisionist view from one stat is surprising - no way during the preseason were you saying that Ingram looked like an efficient 30ppg player but was worse playing with LeBron.

p.s. - I should add, I'm not gonna say this is all Ingram's fault. He's been playing out of position for a lot of the season too, which probably has an effect on his comfort level which is a really important thing to him.

BI plays better without LBJ bc other guys play off the ball better

The first half of the fourth quarter showed BI's potential without him...he looked like an all star level player

LBJ checks back in the game & BI gets no shots even tho he was the one who led the comeback...as a fan, that's frustrating as hell

I know the stans don't see it but LBJ would rather get open looks for KCP and shoot step back threes rather than keep feeding BI. That's selfish as hell & it takes an objective perspective to see that.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
His record in the finals is 17-31

THAT IS HORRIBLE

And I'm pretty sure I'm older than you...hence me watching ball since the 80s

What was the Lakers' playoff record against those same teams LeBron played? :sas2:

Or are we gonna play the "losing in the first two rounds or not even making the playoffs is better than losing Finals games" tape now? :mjlol:

LeBron has 3 titles and 6 other Finals appearances since he came into the league....that's far better than the Lakers' success over the same time frame and he had to do it beating stacked Warriors, Spurs, and Thunder teams that were better than anyone the Lakers have beaten in at least 30 years. Claiming that his playing style doesn't work for winning games is just some dumb crap. Not one NBA team has more titles or more Finals appearances since he came into the league than he does.

I'm in a Lakers thread defending the Lakers' best player from wild dumb hot takes from a "Lakers" fan because they think admitting that he's good somehow hurts Kobe. :childplease:

(And for the record, I've been watching bball since the 80s too as has been established multiple times before).

Last edited:

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

Dude... do you just want to argue? I just wanted to share that tweet. I haven’t even blamed Lebron :huh:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Dude... do you just want to argue? I just wanted to share that tweet. I haven’t even blamed Lebron :huh:

:hubie: I ain't trying to start shyt, like I said, I think you and I probably on the exact same page regarding BI.

He's an elite two-way talent who needs to get bigger and learn to play smarter and more efficiently, while Luke might be able to use him better the biggest obstacle between BI and NBA stardom is only himself.

It just sounded like you were trying to make a hot take, and some fools jumped off that take to claim the team better without LeBron.

I only quoted you cause that was the original tweet the others were quoting, we cool. :yeshrug: