A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Bron ball worked in a JV conference w/ Wade, Bosh, Kyrie & Love...it won't work in the West

We don't celebrate finals appearances in LA

If he's serious about winning, he'd play off the ball more, post up more, play better defense, limit his turnovers, practice free throws, and stop delivering hot potato assists in the 4th quarter.

The crazy thing is when he plays the right way we look damn good...but that Magic game showed that the old dog wasn't for the new tricks...even if it benefits him & the team in the long run.

The reason why he reverts back to Bron ball, to stat-pad...bc it justifies his greatness to his stans,,,when real b-ball purists understand that his stats are inflated due to him hijacking the offense.

But you can’t even celebrate the Finals appearance if you can’t get to the finals yet some even make the playoffs.

I feel in some ways what you’re saying but that the same time come on man.

Let’s just see how things plays out after 82+ games man.

Also.... that 17-31?
That was be more telling if it wasn’t against 3 teams.... and 2 which are ALLTIME GREAT teams that probably beat any other east finals team in history. Many easily by a large margin.

But that’s besides the point.

I don’t see Bron taking rebounds from anyone
I don’t see Bron forcing assist when he should be scoring.

And any scoring he does, it’s contributing and helping us in our goals to win game..... so I don’t think he’s Stat padding. We really gotta stop with that.

If Lonzo can get average 17ppg and multiple other guys not named BI can get atleast 15+

Maybe he can fall back on scoring.

But I’m don’t wanna see him drop HIS scoring production as long as other guys ain’t rising to the challenge.

Martha

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
But you can’t even celebrate the Finals appearance if you can’t get to the finals yet some even make the playoffs.

I feel in some ways what you’re saying but that the same time come on man.

Let’s just see how things plays out after 82+ games man.

Also.... that 17-31?
That was be more telling if it wasn’t against 3 teams.... and 2 which are ALLTIME GREAT teams that probably beat any other east finals team in history. Many easily by a large margin.

But that’s besides the point.

I don’t see Bron taking rebounds from anyone
I don’t see Bron forcing assist when he should be scoring.

And any scoring he does, it’s contributing and helping us in our goals to win game..... so I don’t think he’s Stat padding. We really gotta stop with that.

If Lonzo can get average 17ppg and multiple other guys not named BI can get atleast 15+

Maybe he can fall back on scoring.

But I’m don’t wanna see him drop HIS scoring production as long as other guys ain’t rising to the challenge.

Martha

Y'all young guys don't really understand basketball outside of stats

Bron can get his buckets...he can get his 27 a night, no prob...he just needs to get it within the flow of a motion offense

LBJ has cherrypicked rebs his whole career...hence the open threes and layups he gives up every game

And hijacking the offense running a simple P&R at the top of the key so he can get a bucket or assist is just not good offense

Motion offense is poetry in motion...mix in the P&R but it should not be the primary style of offense we should be running

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
What was the Lakers' playoff record against those same teams LeBron played? :sas2:

Or are we gonna play the "losing in the first two rounds or not even making the playoffs is better than losing Finals games" tape now? :mjlol:

LeBron has 3 titles and 6 other Finals appearances since he came into the league....that's far better than the Lakers' success over the same time frame and he had to do it beating stacked Warriors, Spurs, and Thunder teams that were better than anyone the Lakers have beaten in at least 30 years. Claiming that his playing style doesn't work for winning games is just some dumb crap. Not one NBA team has more titles or more Finals appearances since he came into the league than he does.

I'm in a Lakers thread defending the Lakers' best player from wild dumb hot takes from a "Lakers" fan because they think admitting that he's good somehow hurts Kobe. :childplease:

(And for the record, I've been watching bball since the 80s too as has been established multiple times before).

Nobody mentioned Kobe...his legacy is solidified among b-ball purists

I wonder what's harder...beating FOUR 50 win teams or beating one or two to win a chip

There was no comp in the East...all the comp was in the West...hence a 17-31 record in the finals...you can't justify that putrid record

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Nobody mentioned Kobe...his legacy is solidified among b-ball purists

I wonder what's harder...beating FOUR 50 win teams or beating one or two to win a chip
When has beating any random 50-win team been hard for a team with title aspirations? :stopitslime:

LeBron's Cavs beat a 48-win, 55-win, and 59-win team last year....and if they had been legit title contenders then all of those series would have been easy dunks to them.

You're acting like championship squads are getting upset by random 50-win teams left and right or something. :mjlol:

Beating a 50-win team means nothing to a team with championship aspirations. Literally nothing. If you are actually a title contender, then beating one 50-win team ain't any more impressive than beating four of them. There are only a handful of teams that are a threat in any given year, and "the Rockets led by Metta World Peace" or "the Jazz led by Deron Williams" or "the Nuggets led by Carmelo Anthony" do not count among them.

The NBA is so predictable that all that matters is how good the best team you can beat in a given year is. It doesn't matter how many mediocre teams you beat to get there if you're good enough to beat the best.

There was no comp in the East...all the comp was in the West...hence a 17-31 record in the finals...you can't justify that putrid record
LeBron is 0-4 against four stacked teams that he had no chance against, 1-1 as the underdog in closer series, and 2-1 against evenly matched teams (of which he was the favorite twice). Going by individual games is stupid because he doesn't care if he loses Game 1 in a series that he eventually wins.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: ISO

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Y'all young guys don't really understand basketball outside of stats

Bron can get his buckets...he can get his 27 a night, no prob...he just needs to get it within the flow of a motion offense

LBJ has cherrypicked rebs his whole career...hence the open threes and layups he gives up every game

And hijacking the offense running a simple P&R at the top of the key so he can get a bucket or assist is just not good offense

Motion offense is poetry in motion...mix in the P&R but it should not be the primary style of offense we should be running

Lol @ young guy. You know what..... I actually appreciate that:ehh:

I’m a child of the Regan era like 1st term .... so I will respect my elders and you Jimmy Carter era brehs:mjlit:

Offense to me when you can’t consistently score is “bad offense”.

For years coaches would tell us that the way the GS Warriors score with their long 3s and constant spamming of long range shots is not good offense. But they seem to make so many of them and won many games and a few championships off that style play that it changes the narrative.

So it’s really hard to a degree to say what’s good or bad offense now adays. The way I see it, if whatever helps your team win and win consistently then so be it, some things that worked in the beginning of times basketball era or atleast pre Regan just not gonna work in today’s game.:heh:

Cherry picking rebounds?:mjlol:

Ok so be it, but at the end of the day someone has to get the rebound. In the grande scheme of things who really gives a shyt as long as “position comes back to the team”?

shyt like that is stuff I just “can’t” with cats now adays.

I’m not gonna be mad that Lebron got a rebound over say Zo or Hart when at the end of the day it all comes back to the team. What the alternatives, he don’t get it and the other teams gets it instead? Truth be told the game is taught that MULTIPLE guys should be going for the rebound, so how bout someone else fight for position of talk with Bron and be like “yo I got this”

It ain’t even got to be a grand standing thing, I’m sure Bron is approachable to his teammates and if someone 1 on 1 talked to him about maybe that can be worked out.... they just gonna have to produce

Some of the complaints is just nitpicky and ridiculous.:russ:

We ain’t even played 20 games with this team yet

Martha

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Nikkas talking about Lebron is hampering Ingrams growth like he’s destined to be a top 10 player :russ:.

I would take someone like Johnathan Isaac over him in a heartbeat.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Nikkas talking about Lebron is hampering I grams growth like he’s destined to be a top 10 player :russ:.

I would take someone like Johnathan Isaac over him in a heartbeat.

Well some did compare him to KD and say that’s his trajectory:pachaha:

Martha

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
When has beating any random 50-win team been hard for a team with title aspirations? :stopitslime:

LeBron's Cavs beat a 48-win, 55-win, and 59-win team last year....and if they had been legit title contenders then all of those series would have been easy dunks to them.

You're acting like championship squads are getting upset by random 50-win teams left and right or something. :mjlol:

Beating a 50-win team means nothing to a team with championship aspirations. Literally nothing. If you are actually a title contender, then beating one 50-win team ain't any more impressive than beating four of them. There are only a handful of teams that are a threat in any given year, and "the Rockets led by Metta World Peace" or "the Jazz led by Deron Williams" or "the Nuggets led by Carmelo Anthony" do not count among them.

The NBA is so predictable that all that matters is how good the best team you can beat in a given year is. It doesn't matter how many mediocre teams you beat to get there if you're good enough to beat the best.

LeBron is 0-4 against four stacked teams that he had no chance against, 1-1 as the underdog in closer series, and 2-1 against evenly matched teams (of which he was the favorite twice). Going by individual games is stupid because he doesn't care if he loses Game 1 in a series that he eventually wins.

seventeen wins - THIRTY ONE LOSSES

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All season long Ingram's biggest issue has been his decision making. He's been taking bad shots, especially bad midrange shots, and making sloppy turnovers when he doesn't need to. He should be getting to the rim a lot more but he's not in part because he's got a body that looks like how a kid would draw a stick-figure of a basketball player:

Brandon-Ingram-1612837.jpg

LeBron-James-Brandon-Ingram-1050779.jpg

LeBron's not the one keeping Ingram from working on his strength, especially in an offseason when everyone else was in the gym. LeBron's not the one telling Ingram to settle for midrange shots instead of getting to the hole. LeBron's not the one keeping Ingram from shooting more threes or hitting the threes he shoots. Those are the big issues with Ingram's game right now, and none of them have to do with LeBron.

The funny thing is, I know you know this right now. You and I probably have had damn near the same opinion of Ingram - that he has the most two-way potential of any of the Lakers' young guys, that he could be a star, but that he's not always doing the things he needs to do in order to fit into a good team. That's why hearing this revisionist view from one stat is surprising - no way during the preseason were you saying that Ingram looked like an efficient 30ppg player but was worse playing with LeBron.

p.s. - I should add, I'm not gonna say this is all Ingram's fault. He's been playing out of position for a lot of the season too, which probably has an effect on his comfort level which is a really important thing to him.
The issue is spacing. Ingram can easily get to the paint with his size. Watch Lebron anytime Ingram has the ball. He just stands there, no movement.

camer999

All Star
Daps
Bron ball worked in a JV conference w/ Wade, Bosh, Kyrie & Love...it won't work in the West

We don't celebrate finals appearances in LA

If he's serious about winning, he'd play off the ball more, post up more, play better defense, limit his turnovers, practice free throws, and stop delivering hot potato assists in the 4th quarter.

The crazy thing is when he plays the right way we look damn good...but that Magic game showed that the old dog wasn't for the new tricks...even if it benefits him & the team in the long run.

The reason why he reverts back to Bron ball, to stat-pad...bc it justifies his greatness to his stans,,,when real b-ball purists understand that his stats are inflated due to him hijacking the offense.
Bron Ball has a high floor, the ceiling is decided by him team the vast majority of the time. that's why its a team game. Taking teams who shouldn't be in the conversation.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
A lot of it falls on Luke too, I mean the Ingram iso is their play. Ingram should also be cutting a lot with Lebron on the floor. That is Luke’s job to get him that, he was actually doing that with Lebron in preseason. Anyways I don’t look at it as a bad issue overall. The last 2 games, Ingram has limited the midrange and is driving and taking 3s. Him and Lebron will eventually get used to each other. In the playoffs you need those iso shots and outside of Lebron, he is the only guy.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Ingram gotta cut back the turnovers. He drives a lot but regularly loses the ball when doing so. He gotta clean that up and he'll be alright. Bron definitely stunting his growth though, he looked way better last year when he was "the guy".

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
I think Ingram, Luke and Bron should sit down at study the tape of the T'wolves game where BI had 20/6/5. That was his best overall game this year and should serve as a template of how he should play going forward. Focus less on being a big time scorer and more on being an all round facilitator that fills up the stat sheet while playing good D.