A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Last season Aminu averaged 17 and 9 in the playoffs on 52% shooting (43% from three) and they still got swept by a 6-seed. Pelicans averaged 112 ppg in part because the Blazers had no one who could stop Jrue. You have to expect that The Brow is gonna get his against anyone, but if Jrue Holiday is averaging 27 and 7 on 57% shooting, you screwed.

And because of the other deficiencies the defense is completely dependent on Nurkic. Before he came they were terrible on that end, now they're up to above-average only if both him and Aminu are in the game, and they fall way the hell off when Nurkic is out. Lilliard and C.J. are both net negatives on defense, and you can't have that from your guard duo in a tough playoff series. When you watch C.J. it's crazy how no matter how good he is offensively, he gives away damn near all of it on the other end.

Regular season team defensive ratings and ability to get anywhere in the playoffs with it are not the same thing. Portland hasn't won a series this decade except for that one where all the Clippers' stars got hurt (and they were on their way to losing before that). Hell, outside of beating the Clippers with no CP3/Blake, McCullom has only won 3 playoff games in his entire five-year career. And the deficiency is not in their offense.
You a big Portland fan yet you forget one of the biggest shots of the decade?

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Best Bron game, attacked the basket at the end, no far 3s even though he hit some earlier, wasn't afraid to go to the foul line. :ehh:

:troll: only because being up double digits makes it a no pressure situation.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Like I said last night in the game thread I LOVED that Lebron was making a concerted effort to try and set up Lonzo and get him going. Lonzo wasn't capitalizing but that was true leadership by Lebron to me. I'm wondering if Lebron is seeing just how much talent he has around him that just needs to be cultivated. He finally is surrounded by a bunch of potential two way players that are just raw as fukk right now. I really can't remember him having this many players around him that can contribute on both ends. I think Lonzo, Hart, Ingram, Mcgee, and possibly Chandler, KCP, Lance, and Rondo can all provide something on both ends.

The team really seems to be giving a lot more effort on defense and taking offenses out of their comfort zone more often. Even last night it seemed that they made an adjustment to have the centers step up more instead of hanging back after Portland was killing them on the pick and roll early.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I keep tellin these Hot Takes n Sausage ass nikkas that the Lakers are gonna be fine. This shyt takes time, just cant think teams like this will come out winning every game. We also called it on Chandler. so many people think he is washed, which is crazy. They dont know that the Suns sat him (and Bledsoe) for no other reason than to tank so Tyson is a pretty fresh player the last couple of years. Him and Javale are the perfect center combo. Neither one of them built for 30 plus minutes but about 20-25 each is perfect.

Been disappointed in KCP ever since he got to L.A. in hindsight, didnt need him. shouldve kept Randle who the Pels are gettin tremendous value for. Mcgee/Kuz and Chandler/Randle is a hellified combo. Maybe KCP can come out of this funk. When at his best he is a solid 3-D guy.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
You a big Portland fan yet you forget one of the biggest shots of the decade?

giphy.gif

We were talking about C.J.'s impact, he wasn't involved at all in that series. :hubie:

Which low-key proves my point. :sas2:

That shot though...I was overseas when it happened and couldn't watch, my breh I grew up with immediately emails me and says Dame a real one. Now it's my favorite Blazers game-winner all-time not involving Brandon Roy. Yeah I know, there are situational reasons to make it higher but I ain't elevating no one over Roy. :myman:

NV-ME

Make It Hot-ta
Daps
Reppin
FiyaStarter
I keep tellin these Hot Takes n Sausage ass nikkas that the Lakers are gonna be fine. This shyt takes time, just cant think teams like this will come out winning every game. We also called it on Chandler. so many people think he is washed, which is crazy. They dont know that the Suns sat him (and Bledsoe) for no other reason than to tank so Tyson is a pretty fresh player the last couple of years. Him and Javale are the perfect center combo. Neither one of them built for 30 plus minutes but about 20-25 each is perfect.

Been disappointed in KCP ever since he got to L.A. in hindsight, didnt need him. shouldve kept Randle who the Pels are gettin tremendous value for. Mcgee/Kuz and Chandler/Randle is a hellified combo. Maybe KCP can come out of this funk. When at his best he is a solid 3-D guy.
:russ:

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
If the Warriors mess around and crumble... :sas2:
There isn’t a consensus second best team in the West currently. The Rockets will probably hit their stride soon but they have some glaring holes that can be exploited. The Blazers, Nuggets, Jazz and Thunder aren’t particularly scary, I think the Lakers can take all four in a playoff series though the Jazz and Thunder might be tough to score on.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Last season Aminu averaged 17 and 9 in the playoffs on 52% shooting (43% from three) and they still got swept by a 6-seed. Pelicans averaged 112 ppg in part because the Blazers had no one who could stop Jrue. You have to expect that The Brow is gonna get his against anyone, but if Jrue Holiday is averaging 27 and 7 on 57% shooting, you screwed.

And because of the other deficiencies the defense is completely dependent on Nurkic. Before he came they were terrible on that end, now they're up to above-average only if both him and Aminu are in the game, and they fall way the hell off when Nurkic is out. Lilliard and C.J. are both net negatives on defense, and you can't have that from your guard duo in a tough playoff series. When you watch C.J. it's crazy how no matter how good he is offensively, he gives away damn near all of it on the other end.

Regular season team defensive ratings and ability to get anywhere in the playoffs with it are not the same thing. Portland hasn't won a series this decade except for that one where all the Clippers' stars got hurt (and they were on their way to losing before that). Hell, outside of beating the Clippers with no CP3/Blake, McCullom has only won 3 playoff games in his entire five-year career. And the deficiency is not in their offense.
If you watched the series you would know Aminu put up those numbers because the Pels loaded up on the backcourt

The Blazers are a good forward away from being contenders they’re starting Jake Layman. The Blazers simply aren’t a bad defensive team like you was trying to make it seem.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Y'all saying we gonna be fine but its not like Bron can do this every night. And why would we want him to, he'll run himself into the ground.

BI, Kuz, Zo and Hart were a combined 15-41 last night. That just wont cut it. They were a combined 7-16 from 3 which is cool but they got to be way better overall. Bron taking over last night was dope but we can't be depending on that shyt.

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
Y'all saying we gonna be fine but its not like Bron can do this every night. And why would we want him to, he'll run himself into the ground.

BI, Kuz, Zo and Hart were a combined 15-41 last night. That just wont cut it. They were a combined 7-16 from 3 which is cool but they got to be way better overall. Bron taking over last night was dope but we can't be depending on that shyt.
BI should be running around more on offense... But his mid range will soon fall a lot.