A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
I guess all LeBron needs to do is average 45-10-10 with 3 blocks on 70-80-85 shooting in wins over top-4 teams and the Kobestans will be satisfied. :krs:

Bigger thing is Rondo being out a month or more. :damn:

I guess this is Lonzo's audition for real. :lupe:
How bad did it feel when Bron chose to go to the Lakers and you couldn’t fake like you was a Cavs or Heat fan anymore :mjlol:

HollywoodP

#LongLive24 #TMC America's Team, Lakeshow, & ASU
Daps
Reppin
The Valley Of The Sun 602🌵480🌵623🌵520
Sixers want KCP?:ohhh:

I would take Fultz and pick. KCP's a...bum maybe a bit too strong...but very replaceable. Can't believe we gave that nikka 12 mil this year just to make Lebron happy...And then let Julius go play for the Hornets for 18 mil for 2 years...and Brook for 3.3....when we know we needed a big man. Trade deadline might be litty this year.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Laker haters can go suck a fat dikk......1 gm out of 3rd place...2 gms out of 2nd place.

This team can definitely win the championship this season with 1 or 2 more solid moves...And I think the loss of Rondo is a blessing in disguise(Less cooks in the kitchen)....More opportunity for Ball,Ingram and Hart.

Oh,and BTW...Lebron finally has something he didn't have in Cleveland(last 4 yrs) or Miami....A reliable 7 foot shot blocker (Chandler) and 7 footer who can finish around the rim(McGee)

I dont think Rondo is mentoring like we want him to. Hopefully Ball can get some confidence to hit some shots and get some consistency

Guile

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I noticed Ball was giving out directions on offense more (pointing for screens and picks and positioning and what not).

I'm glad he is also starting to add some shake and bake to his offense. Still on that blocked shot layup buy Aminu he needs to use his momentum to go towards the rim and the defender he stayed parallel to the rim to much which makes it easy for him to be blocked instead of fouled.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I noticed Ball was giving out directions on offense more (pointing for screens and picks and positioning and what not).

I'm glad he is also starting to add some shake and bake to his offense. Still on that blocked shot layup buy Aminu he needs to use his momentum to go towards the rim and the defender he stayed parallel to the rim to much which makes it easy for him to be blocked instead of fouled.
What’s crazy is he knows this, he just goes weak against other teams. In practice he was bodying Svi... in practice everyone says he’s more aggressive

So idk, I think it’s mental. Dude needs to spend time with Kobe

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Goddamn why these weirdos in here still talking about Kobe???
Literally no one talked about Kobe, you're the first one to mention him. :gucci:

How bad did it feel when Bron chose to go to the Lakers and you couldn’t fake like you was a Cavs or Heat fan anymore :mjlol:

I've never been a Cavs fan, I ripped on the Cavs all the time and picked them to lose every one of the last four Finals. :dwillhuh:

Ya'all don't seem to understand the difference between admiring/supporting the way a player plays and being a fan of a team. I've been a Portland fan for 30 years now and that will always be my team. I haven't talked about them much since Brandon Roy died because I'm just not into the way they play (even though Lillard is a baller), and I'm not going to be into how they play until they make a new commitment around defense, almost certainly by trading McCollum for someone who can produce on that side of the ball.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Literally no one talked about Kobe, you're the first one to mention him. :gucci:

I've never been a Cavs fan, I ripped on the Cavs all the time and picked them to lose every one of the last four Finals. :dwillhuh:

Ya'all don't seem to understand the difference between admiring/supporting the way a player plays and being a fan of a team. I've been a Portland fan for 30 years now and that will always be my team. I haven't talked about them much since Brandon Roy died because I'm just not into the way they play (even though Lillard is a baller), and I'm not going to be into how they play until they make a new commitment around defense, almost certainly by trading McCollum for someone who can produce on that side of the ball.
Tf you talking bout McCollum is a certified hooper and with the defensive deficiencies of the back court y’all were 8th in defensive rating last season and this season are again 8th in defensive rating and 1st in field goal % against.

Team is a legit forward away from contention

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Tf you talking bout McCollum is a certified hooper and with the defensive deficiencies of the back court y’all were 8th in defensive rating last season and this season are again 8th in defensive rating and 1st in field goal % against.

Team is a legit forward away from contention
Last season Aminu averaged 17 and 9 in the playoffs on 52% shooting (43% from three) and they still got swept by a 6-seed. Pelicans averaged 112 ppg in part because the Blazers had no one who could stop Jrue. You have to expect that The Brow is gonna get his against anyone, but if Jrue Holiday is averaging 27 and 7 on 57% shooting, you screwed.

And because of the other deficiencies the defense is completely dependent on Nurkic. Before he came they were terrible on that end, now they're up to above-average only if both him and Aminu are in the game, and they fall way the hell off when Nurkic is out. Lilliard and C.J. are both net negatives on defense, and you can't have that from your guard duo in a tough playoff series. When you watch C.J. it's crazy how no matter how good he is offensively, he gives away damn near all of it on the other end.

Regular season team defensive ratings and ability to get anywhere in the playoffs with it are not the same thing. Portland hasn't won a series this decade except for that one where all the Clippers' stars got hurt (and they were on their way to losing before that). Hell, outside of beating the Clippers with no CP3/Blake, McCullom has only won 3 playoff games in his entire five-year career. And the deficiency is not in their offense.