A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
I'm wrong
In the Minnesota game, Minnesota shot 4-for-13 (30.8 percent) with Chandler as the primary defender, according to ESPN

When you account both his opponents total FG% in the Paint in both the restricted and non-restricted areas his opponents are shooting 48% in the paint which is good defense. You're embarrassing yourself my dude you keep moving the goal post :dead:

Lakers scraping the bottom of the barrel
Is it Oochie Wally?
Point being, while Chandler is having a positive impact (overall, defensively), he's not the main reason why y'all defense is performing well over the last three games.
Or is it one Mic?

First you told us he wouldn't make a difference and we scraping the bottom of the barrel now you saying he's playing good defense. you done breh :mjlol:

Daps
When you account both his opponents total FG% in the Paint in both the restricted and non-restricted areas his opponents are shooting 48% in the paint which is good defense. You're embarrassing yourself my dude you keep moving the goal post :dead:
Show me where you're getting these fake stats from?

:jbhmm:

These are the #s over the last three games (you know how you keep bringing up points in the paint - it's not because of Chandler) -

Cbw23Cd.png

Teams are shooting 3.8% better in the paint against him. JaVale is the main reason why y'all defense has strong rim protection (teams are shooting 26% WORSE against him) - not Chandler.
Is it Oochie Wally?

Or is it one Mic?

First you told us he wouldn't make a difference and we scraping the bottom of the barrel now you saying he's playing good defense. you done breh :mjlol:
tenor.gif

I never said he wouldn't make a difference, I said how much of a difference could he make given the fact his defense fell off a long time ago (a Suns fan reiterated what I said earlier today - someone that has actually watched Chandler play over the last three seasons, not a mindless Lakers fan who doesn't know what the fukk they're talking about) -

Maybe he'll try harder now that he's apart of a more "prestigious" franchise, but his defense was azz cheeks with the Suns.

I used to pray for DNP's

His defense has been horrendous over the last three+ seasons; you wrongly referred to him as a shot blocker, when -

Chandler's blocks per game:

0.5 blocks in '18/'19
0.6 blocks in '17/'18
0.5 blocks in '16/'17

He hasn't been a shot blocker for years. His defense has been bad over the last three+ years. Those are the facts. If he's going to play "good" defense this season, that's a plus for y'all team, but that still doesn't take away from the fact that he's been bad defensively over recent years.

I don't know why @THE MACHINE is dapping your selective trash posting either.

:picard:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
I'll repeat this, since you have a hard time understanding:

In the four games before Chandler played (when Ingram returned from suspension), the Lakers had a top-5 defense. Their defense was performing great before Chandler even played.

In the three games that Chandler has played, opponents are shooting 3.8% better in the paint, it's JaVale who's been the most impactful rim/paint protector
-

Cbw23Cd.png

Point being, while Chandler is having a positive impact (overall, defensively), he's not the main reason why y'all defense is performing well over the last three games.
Defense is about more than just direct contests at the rim. It's about playing the right angles, cutting off drives, showing properly on pick and rolls to deter a jumper and getting back to the roll man, contesting in a way to force a pass out. There are no defensive metrics that can account for all of that. Or even just talking and communicating more on defense.

Daps
Defense is about more than just direct contests at the rim. It's about playing the right angles, cutting off drives, showing properly on pick and rolls to deter a jumper and getting back to the roll man, contesting in a way to force a pass out. There are no defensive metrics that can account for all of that. Or even just talking and communicating more on defense.
Yes, I'm well aware of all this. It would pay to read through the entire argument to see what I was intially responding to -
In the last three games we're second best in the league when it comes to points allowed in the paint.

"B B B ut Tyson Chandler won't make a difference. "

Before we signed Chandler we were second to last :dead:
Teams are still shooting +3.8 better against him in the paint. It's JaVale who's been the main reason behind why y'all defense is stopping teams from scoring in the paint - not Chandler. It's wrong for @Torrential to attribute that simply to Chandler.

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll repeat this, since you have a hard time understanding:

In the four games before Chandler played (when Ingram returned from suspension), the Lakers had a top-5 defense. Their defense was performing great before Chandler even played.

In the three games that Chandler has played, opponents are shooting 3.8% better in the paint, it's JaVale who's been the most impactful rim/paint protector
-

Cbw23Cd.png

Perfect example of stats not painting an accurate picture. Tyson has played a big an obvious role in our defensive improvement. You’re obviously not watching the games like that

Daps
Perfect example of stats not painting an accurate picture.
You have some cotdamn nerve since you're always talking about "there's not one stat that proves he's better" when it comes to comparing players.

Like I told dude above, it pays for you to read the entire argument properly, therefore, I wouldn't need to repeat myself. @Torrential said "In the last three games we're second best in the league when it comes to points allowed in the paint. B B But Tyson Chandler won't make a difference. Before we signed Chandler we were second to last", now that is a misleading statement for the simple fact that the main reason behind the Lakers defense minimizing opponents points in the paint over the last three games, has been down to JaVale, and not Chandler.

Teams are shooting -26 FG% below their usual in the paint against JaVale over the last three games
Teams are shooting +3.8 FG% better than their usual in the paint against Chandler over the last three games
Tyson has played a big an obvious role in our defensive improvement.
Except he hasn't.

Yes, he's made a difference, but most certainly not a "big" role. Y'all defense was already top-5 in the four games prior to Chandler even playing. Go figure. The improvement in y'all defense is really down to the return of Ingram; both he and JaVale have been the main difference makers. And LeBron hasn't been as lazy either.
You’re obviously not watching the games like that
Unlike you, I actually watch games of all the teams. I don't just watch one team.

:hubie: