A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Your best shot of his athleticism is a 6'6" player making an open dunk with a running start and not even getting very high. :francis:

And your best shot of his shooting is making an three against one of the slowest-footed centers in the league who had stepped all the way into the lane. :francis:

And Jokic had to recover from all the way in the lane and still almost got there. :laff:

If that is a playoff game where even centers are actually scouting for and playing attention to who is on the perimeter on the other side, no way is Jokic gonna respect Lonzo's drive like that for a second. :francis:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
We just gon ignore that Lonzo didn't work out all summer cause of injury? Give him a off season to work on his game before trading him.
It was a meniscus tear removal, from most accounts a minor one. So he would have been in the gym shooting almost every day of the summer still. I had the best shooting form of my life coming off meniscus removal/acl repair because I had put in so much shooting work on my own.

And you still haven't suggested which part of his game shows any evidence that it will get better with work.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Terrible athleticism

Fluke threes

Nikka, Beverley is 30 coming off surgery, Lonzo just turned 21 coming off his surgery. :dahell:

Any Laker fan knows Zo is athletic, he just doesn't utilize it attacking the rim. Rather play like he's Andre Miller for some reason

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Your best shot of his athleticism is a 6'6" player making an open dunk with a running start and not even getting very high. :francis:

And your best shot of his shooting is making an three against one of the slowest-footed centers in the league who had stepped all the way into the lane. :francis:

And Jokic had to recover from all the way in the lane and still almost got there. :laff:

If that is a playoff game where even centers are actually scouting for and playing attention to who is on the perimeter on the other side, no way is Jokic gonna respect Lonzo's drive like that for a second. :francis:
Lonzo Ball simply doesn’t have “terrible athleticism”

You’re hyperbolizing everything and even short sighted af

Beverley :mjlol:

LeBron came to Los Angeles to play with young guys

Daps
popcorn_2.gif

LeBron stans have taken over this thread - even arguing with each other.

:lolbron:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Been saying this since Bron signed. These nut huggers wanna trade all the young dudes for some reason. Brehs really suggest Patrick fukking Beverly smh.

Note that we're pages deep here, and the only other suggestion anyone's come up with is "pray Lonzo figures it out one day" or "trade for no-defense-poor-fit Kemba and kill your max cap space in the same breathe."

If you were an NBA GM and you were trying to bet on Lonza EVER playing at the level of a championship-caliber starting point guard, even as the 3rd or 4th option, would you take that bet? And how many years would you bet it would take to get there? Will he have to hit better than 55% of his free throws before you label him that way?

(p.s. - and we're getting all this thread traffic for a little suggestion buried in the middle of a massive comment)

tenor.gif

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
It was a meniscus tear removal, from most accounts a minor one. So he would have been in the gym shooting almost every day of the summer still. I had the best shooting form of my life coming off meniscus removal/acl repair because I had put in so much shooting work on my own.

And you still haven't suggested which part of his game shows any evidence that it will get better with work.

:laff:

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers

He wasn't cleared till training camp:dahell:

This nikka comparing himself shooting at the local YMCA to a NBA player:laff::dead:

I know he gon be better than ya man Patrick Beverley:mjlol: