A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
How many Laker related threads have I made lately? And why would KD take less money to go to the Lakers to be the second best player and help LeBron get more rings than he has? How would that help KD in any way?
KD is clearly better than Bron. He would get the Kobe base that Bron so desperately seeks by leading them to a ring. His game is also "prettier" that Bron's, which means a lot to Kobe fans. As long as he doesnt win too much.
:heh:

If he drags Bron to a ring it will put him neck and neck with Bron for 2nd best player of all time. KD the mercenary :wow:

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
KD is clearly better than Bron. He would get the Kobe base that Bron so desperately seeks by leading them to a ring. His game is also "prettier" that Bron's, which means a lot to Kobe fans. As long as he doesnt win too much.
:heh:

If he drags Bron to a ring it will put him neck and neck with Bron for 2nd best player of all time. KD the mercenary :wow:
Nah, everybody know Lebron better.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
what if Bron is coasting because he already has a star lined up for the next year? :patrice:

A lot of Warriors writers are saying it feels like it's KD's last season there. :jbhmm:

Bron and KD are close, and KD is a more than willing servant:obama:

It might be a done deal already :ehh:
Ehh, I could see KD going to the East before LA. He could set the terms with a team like Knicks. He'd have full autonomy, no one to answer to, and he can ball out and score 35ppg like everyone wants him to. He won his rings, time to get money.

The expectations in LA are ridiculous at this point which I think will pose a problem for Bron on a mental level if this experiment doesn't work out.

camer999

All Star
Daps
Honest thought on Bron: His finishing at the rim has been a little suspect, but is it because he is declining or is it the lack of spacing on the lakers? His defense has been as good if not better than his 2016-2017 stint. He's been an average defender so I don't think that is a big issue right now. CLE definitely had more "shooters", is the paint more packed now more than he is used to? With his reduced minutes and improved defense I don't even think pace is the issue.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Ehh, I could see KD going to the East before LA. He could set the terms with a team like Knicks. He'd have full autonomy, no one to answer to, and he can ball out and score 35ppg like everyone wants him to. He won his rings, time to get money.

The expectations in LA are ridiculous at this point which I think will pose a problem for Bron on a mental level if this experiment doesn't work out.

i thought that too but KD has invested deeply in silicon valley. In LA he's still close enough to be hands on with his moves

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
i thought that too but KD has invested deeply in silicon valley. In LA he's still close enough to be hands on with his moves
That's what your team is for. I've worked in an investment firm before, no need to be close when you have a phone, computer, private plane and a house nearby.

Besides, I wouldn't want to play next to an old Bron.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
I doubt KD wants to help Lebron get rings, he probably wants more for himself. I still think he will re-sign with Warriors. His rep is already what it is despite where he goes, he can get so many more rings, win more finals mvps and no one will care about what he did 20-30 years from now. They will look at the stats and achievements and he will be one of the best to play.

Maybe he leaves Warriors if he really can't handle the current criticism but it's hard for me to believe he will leave them

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
I doubt KD wants to help Lebron get rings, he probably wants more for himself. I still think he will re-sign with Warriors. His rep is already what it is despite where he goes, he can get so many more rings, win more finals mvps and no one will care about what he did 20-30 years from now. They will look at the stats and achievements and he will be one of the best to play.

Maybe he leaves Warriors if he really can't handle the current criticism but it's hard for me to believe he will leave them

Agreed. No way in hell I leave Golden State if I'm KD

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

:jbhmm: a hairline crack?

Signed with Klutch
Bought house in LA this summer
Team under .500 and individual numbers dipping despite career high in minutes
Big fish in little pond pressure getting to him

None of those things mean anything by itself, but when added together :mjlit: