A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

areohbee824

Superstar
Daps
Been to some games over the years, that was the ugliest game I've seen in person, first quarter score looked like a College Football blowout :picard:
And of course, Ibaka, a pretty solid player, would end up having a career night against us and Kawhi didn't even play :childplease:

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
What is Luke hiring a defense coach gonna do? Luke didnt have a defense coach when our defense improved last year and the year before. It's the personnel thats hurting our D.

Reid2Achieve

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Look, I’m no Lebron hater. I want him to be great for us....

But my goodness...I never knew his defense and indifference would be THIS bad. He’s killing us on the defensive end and we don’t have the personnel to cover for him. I dare say he’s just as big a liability as Kuzma. Kuzma is just mostly clueless on rotations. For Lebron, it’s mostly business decisions on his part to not rotate or guard his man on the weak side at all.

I don’t know if/how we can work around this issue with our personnel. Teams are straight up exploiting Lebron on the weak side and it’s resulting in wide open corner threes or drives.

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
What is Luke hiring a defense coach gonna do? Luke didnt have a defense coach when our defense improved last year and the year before. It's the personnel thats hurting our D.
Especially Lebron and Kuz. These 2 should NOT be starting together. Javale was horrible last night too.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I really don't think we getting Kawhi now :mjcrylakers: . They beasting in the East. Uncle Dennis set for life in the Toronto front office. And he's not even killing himself. I dunno if he gonna leave that shyt to become second fiddle to Hollywood Bron. :to:

WHAT WE FINNA DO BREHS!!!!

@CantStop :damn:

If things keep going like this Bron gon play second fiddle to Kawhi. :wowkobe:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
People just now seeing how bad LeBron is on defense have not watched him play a regular season game in the last 3 years.

It comes down to his effort and stamina levels. He doesn't close out shooters very well, doesn't contest drives to the rim by players over 6'3", doesn't stay in front of his man. Dude is only good for those chase down blocks.

Lakers need to get rid of LeBron or build a team of 3&D guys around him. Imagine blowing up a young team to build around an ageing superstar.

Hater

R.I.P
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
Actually KuZ is not starting material..offensive wise...yes

but defensive....that boy lost...

He misses his rotation so often....plays have clear path at the rim.
Exactly. He's also trash at boxing out and rebounding. Luke needs to put him back on the bench and sell him on being some super 6th man.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Especially Lebron and Kuz. These 2 should NOT be starting together. Javale was horrible last night too.

Actually KuZ is not starting material..offensive wise...yes

but defensive....that boy lost...

He misses his rotation so often....plays have clear path at the rim.

Fax....the lineup should be Zo-Hart-BI-Bron-McGee.....bench Rondo-Lance-Kuz-Chandler and one of the starters

all we need is a 9 man rotation

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
Kawhi might choke this no defense version of Bron out :francis:
lol... i will say this one las time...

LEBRON PLAYS DEFENSE... but not always.. here is a simple breakdown.
disclaimer, i am making up numbers to emphasize what actually happens..

here is when lbj plays defense..like 80% of the time
he will stay in front and contest shots..

HIS ASSIGNMENT.. he will defend
a SWITCH, he will defend..

here is when lbj play like 20-30% defense
he will let them by or take a swipe (depending on his foul numbers)
HELP DEFENSE
RIM PROTECTION

if he gets 2 fouls.. he stop doing those

but what if i tell you guy LBJ is adefensive + in the defensive +/- box? if not.. he would be fringing the +???

and yes.. they assign him the lesser offensive guy but still.. he is saving points..

camer999

All Star
Daps
Brons defense has been average not terrible thus far. Ranked 187th in defense vs 300+ last year. Him missing lay ups he doesn’t usually miss that is what concerns me.