A King and an Empire: The Official GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2018-19 season

DGodRussell

peace and positivity
Daps
Reppin
Based World
why do you guys beleive lebron is the one making the trade...

if bron was around when russel got traded.. you guys would have blamed that on him..

you guys really dont think magic would have went for AD with or without lebron on the roster?
Bron did basically the same shyt in Cleveland; and it's too much of a coincidence that AD fires his agent and hires Bron's best friend, then demands a trade to play exclusively with Bron a few months later. It's pretty obvious what's going on here, especially with all the reports from 'anonymous sources' saying the same thing.

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
Bron did basically the same shyt in Cleveland; and it's too much of a coincidence that AD fires his agent and hires Bron's best friend, then demands a trade to play exclusively with Bron a few months later. It's pretty obvious what's going on here, especially with all the reports from 'anonymous sources' saying the same thing.
he didnt... bron used his 1 year singing leverage to get his guys better contracts...
he didnt trade or have them traded.... they did everything to set themselves up post LBJ that last year...lebron wanted DJ.

G-Zeus

Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
That record without Lebron wasn't legit though. Ingram was hurt for some of the games, then Kuzma suffered an injury and then Lonzo. Not to mention Rondo missing all those games and even Mcgee missing a few. There's nothing that can really be read from that stretch.
listen.. i like the squad, you dont have to convince me... BUT..remember how rob was acting...dude was pacing after a lost....they are looking out for themselves...its not an LBJ thing but something that looks more sure.

Teko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Johanesburg; Coral Way (FL)
Bron been on his snake shyt, I mean he got Wade to come to Cleveland then shipped his ass out. Luckily for Wade, Pat wanted to make good with him
Wade was shipped out? Are you sure about that? What mental illness does it take to make up stories and build narratives around made up stories
If Wade wanted to stay in Cleveland, he would have stayed

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think he would have the same urgency to go after AD. There'd be no concerns of wasting one of Lebron's great years on a middle of the road team so they'd approach negotiations with less desperation.

yes he would :mjlol:

he has a job to do and a legacy to build. he said he will bring the top free agents to LAL or he will resign. AD is the 3rd best player at worst that Magic would have a chance at. Right now he is #1 since KD and Kawhi are in other situations.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Wade was shipped out? Are you sure about that? What mental illness does it take to make up stories and build narratives around made up stories

Wade basically said they were phasing him out to make room for the young guys they were bringing in. So he could stay and ride the bench or get traded back to Miami. Do you really think they'd do that to Wade without Lebron's sign off?

G-Zeus

Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
Wade basically said they were phasing him out to make room for the young guys they were bringing in. So he could stay and ride the bench or get traded back to Miami. Do you really think they'd do that to Wade without Lebron's sign off?
didnt wade also say he expected to stay???

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

actually, the Cavs did Wade and Miami a solid. that was only a trade on paper. they gave Miami Wade for free because Wade wanted to go back there.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

he couldve told them to keep Wade but he didnt have to sign off on a trade for him. Bron told Wade he didnt know about the proposed trade. if thats really his boy, why would he lie when someone eventually would leak the truth? Lebron and Wade were both cool with him leaving but it wasnt a force out or they couldve gotten something in return. it was a gift to Miami and Wade.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
he couldve told them to keep Wade but he didnt have to sign off on a trade for him. Bron told Wade he didnt know about the proposed trade. if thats really his boy, why would he lie when someone eventually would leak the truth? Lebron and Wade were both cool with him leaving but it wasnt a force out or they couldve gotten something in return. it was a gift to Miami and Wade.

Wade says he still doesn't know why he was traded. I think it's crazy to assume they'd first decide they're going to bench Wade and then just turn around and trade him without Lebron having some knowledge of it. It seems the media spin is that he wanted traded to Miami but seems like some other shyt went down. Plus remember around this time Wade was getting blamed for a lot of tension in the locker room.

Here's the article on TheAthletic with Wade talking about it.
MIAMI — Dwyane Wade knew he wasn’t long for Cleveland when he signed with the Cavaliers, because LeBron James wasn’t either.

“LeBron, first of all, he’s a guy who always plays his cards close to the vest, but I knew his ultimate goal was to be in Los Angeles,” Wade told The Athletic. “He recruited me and he talked to me about signing there (Cleveland), and I said, ‘listen, I know you might not be there long, you’re gonna be a free agent and there are some things that might happen, and we’ll have a conversation.’ I just thought I’d make it through the season first.”

So the scene last night, Wade hugging Channing Frye and whispering words of wisdom to Collin Sexton after Wade’s Heat thumped the bottom-dwelling Cavs, 118-94, it probably still would’ve happened.

Wade, who is 36, wanted to play one more season and, it’s true, he did want to retire in Miami, where he won three titles in his first 14 years. Outside of winning a championship with the Cavs and LeBron re-signing in Cleveland, there would’ve been little standing in his way of signing for the vet minimum $2.4 million the Heat is paying him for his final go around the league, or for him to score 10 points off the bench against his old team.

Nor would Cleveland’s path to the NBA’s worst record, to nine healthy players, counting two from the G League and a 19-year-old rookie, to hoping the Warriors don’t match a non-guaranteed offer sheet for Patrick McCaw been impeded.

But Wade’s actual path to the Heat he didn’t see coming. He signed in Cleveland in September 2017 to not only reunite with LeBron, but also to get back to the Finals one more time. He was one of six players traded by the Cavs at last season’s trade deadline, a move that’s never fully been explained, given the magnitude of who Wade is, his relationship with LeBron, his and the Cavs’ salary situations, and the purpose he was supposed to serve — closing the gap in depth among role players in a finals against the Warriors.

When Wade was traded, for a conditional, second-round pick in 2024, it came moments after Isaiah Thomas, the biggest name in Cleveland’s Kyrie Irving trade from the previous summer, was shipped to the Lakers. That trade took up some bandwidth. Also, Wade and the Cavs had their stories straight — he wanted to finish his career with the Heat and Cleveland gave him the chance.

But more than that, Wade wanted to go back to the finals. He didn’t want out from the Cavs.

“That’s why I signed there in the first place,” Wade said. “If I had known that was gonna happen (the trade), I wouldn’t have signed there. It’s gonna be an item on my resume that’s hard to understand, but it happened. I know I filled my role while I was there, as a veteran and a leader. At least I can say I made some really cool relationships with the people who were there.”

The Cavs were a heap of dysfunction last year. Wade’s arrival was hard on JR Smith, who (for three games) lost his starting spot to Wade. And Wade was at the center of the infamous January meeting that tore the team apart, when he and Thomas attacked Kevin Love for missing most of a game and a practice for an illness that was not disclosed to teammates. Love then disclosed he was suffering from panic attacks.

Cleveland also wanted to play rookie Cedi Osman, and intended to give reserve minutes to newly acquired Jordan Clarkson and Rodney Hood. In reality, the transformation to what you say today from the Cavs began then. By the time the playoffs arrived Osman was out of the rotation, and Clarkson and Hood both slipped in and out of meaningful minutes because they struggled under the pressure of trying to help get James to another finals in what could be his last season in Cleveland.

Wade, of course, was cut out for that. And he came to the Cavs believing James would likely leave for the Lakers, which is what happened.

Wade was also playing well for the Cavs, averaging 11.2 points, 3.9 rebounds, 3.5 assists and shooting a career-best .329 from 3-point range off the bench. In the playoffs, only James and Love averaged in double figures for points. Wade, in the Heat’s only playoff series, averaged 16.6 points off the bench.

LeBron and former Cavs coach Tyronn Lue both told The Athletic that Wade would’ve helped in the 2018 finals — in which the Cavs were swept but had near misses in Games 1 and 3 that could’ve gone either way.

“Of course that was my reaction,” Wade said. “I’m watching it like, ‘that’s why I went there, to play in this series.’ ”

Asked last night why he was traded, Wade said, “I don’t ask no questions.”

Wade has his own history with James when it comes to free agency. James didn’t tell Wade he was leaving the Heat to return to Cleveland in 2014 until Wade had already opted out of his own contract with the Heat, which cost him millions.

That experience was part of why Wade expected to be in Cleveland only one season. “But, you know, things can always change,” he said. “That’s why we were going to have the conversation. But it was supposed to be at the end of the season, after we made it to the finals.”

The two friends did have a sitdown, over lunch, the day Wade was traded.

“It wasn’t like he came out said ‘oh, you’re traded, I’m going to the Lakers,’ but like I said I knew where his heart was and what he was thinking big picture,” Wade said.

DGodRussell

peace and positivity
Daps
Reppin
Based World
he didnt... bron used his 1 year singing leverage to get his guys better contracts...
he didnt trade or have them traded.... they did everything to set themselves up post LBJ that last year...lebron wanted DJ.
:usure: You think Bron ain't use that same leverage to Wiggins getting traded for Love? Same Bron that was playing 2k with Clarkson and Nance on the roster before we even finalized the trade. LeGM been at it for for years

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
eyUIjXP.jpg

And yet the dumbass GM putting his trust in Danny Ainge wanting to wait until this summer where Ainge more then likely won’t put Tatum on the table lol

at this point I think Demps days are numbered. Tatum cant save his job even if he were to get him. he made bad move after move over the years and finally when AD had players around him he was happy with, Demps let them walk. AD is a pretty stand up dude it seems. If Rondo and Boogie were there and they were in the Playoff picture, I dont think he would be demanding a trade.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby

Wade's role was gone, of course he's not gonna stick around :mjlol:

But you probably would have liked him to become Brons new James Jones

G-Zeus

Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
:usure: You think Bron ain't use that same leverage to Wiggins getting traded for Love? Same Bron that was playing 2k with Clarkson and Nance on the roster before we even finalized the trade. LeGM been at it for for years
again.. he had leverage... he was signing on and needed more veteran help....

right now.. he could be traded...he has no leverage... like how miami traded mike miller and he wasnt happy about it..

DGodRussell

peace and positivity
Daps
Reppin
Based World
yes he would :mjlol:

he has a job to do and a legacy to build. he said he will bring the top free agents to LAL or he will resign. AD is the 3rd best player at worst that Magic would have a chance at. Right now he is #1 since KD and Kawhi are in other situations.
Magic ain't have nearly the same urgency back when we could've traded for PG and Kawhi. nikka went from "We aren't trading Ingram under any circumstances. Take our scraps or take nothing :smugbiden:" to "Yall can have Ingram, Kuz, all the picks, the ball boy.. fukk it, take everybody :damn:'. Bron is def applying pressure behind the scenes.