A group of 19 Black families reportedly purchased almost 97 acres of land in Toomsboro, Georgia.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
this is pretty cool feat, congrats to those familys, bless them to be able to farm and have success with that land

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The racism will come when go try and get all the proper permits to subdivide the land into parcels, build homes and incorporate businesses.

Still, This is a hopeful thread. Props to them.
No it won't lol.

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What they plan on doing? Lodges? Resorts? Bed and breakfasts? This could be a nice play for the Macon or ATL city folks to get out the city for vacation if played right.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Should have been done in the early 1900s after cacs destroyed Black Wall Street..the writing was always on the wall for a brutal future unless we separated and became independence.

brick james

John piffington
Daps
Props to them. But if you really know about land, 97 acres isn't even that unattainable or rare. We gotta normalize these kinds of purchases because they're made every day and the price is relatively low. Only thing is to make sure the land tax is paid, but proper farming can take care of the majority of that.

Now is the time for Black people to get cheap farmland, especially with the eventual legalization of marijuana.

You can't grow good outdoor/dep, by today's standards, on cheap farmland in the South, or pretty much anywhere outside of northern cali/southern oregon/parts of washington. It's like trying to grow grapes for wine in Georgia. Sure they will grow but it costs more to make a much shyttier product.

Georgia is good for growing peanuts and other nuts, cotton, tobacco, as far as I know. But the work is really hard, and the margins are really low, and even if you do everything right, you can still find yourself in a real bad situation financially because of bugs or bad weather.

I wouldn't recommend people buy farmland if they're trying to make money. If you're willing to do grueling work in the Georgia heat for 12 hours a day there are easier and faster ways to make money.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
My mom's side of the family is from that area and we'd go down in the summer. I can't stress how in the middle of nowhere it is. I knew that land out there had to be dirt cheap. For reference, the family from the reality show Here Comes Honey Boo Boo are from out there.
:scust: Imagine what the off code brehs will settle for if they PAWG

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
:scust: Imagine what the off code brehs will settle for if they PAWG
fukking up they gene pool for generations :mjlol:

Yeah, this shyt is going to be a labor of love though. Just a word of context for my brehs thinking they're bout to book a flight down there and immediately bathe in black excellence. If you not about that deep south country life and ready to build from scratch it ain't the area for you. This is a venture for people looking to live off the land in peace and fresh air, not necessarily to build the next Black Wall Street.

Moms is from McIntyre, which is spitting distance from Toomsboro and it was a big deal when they installed a traffic light and added a Subway restaurant to the gas station. Black folks down there are pissed that Honey Boo Boo is their claim to fame :mjlol: