A few years from now many will look back at the Xbox 360 and realize...

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was a substandard system that was incredibly popular. Good controller. Lackluster IPs.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
The funny thing about about all these so called "preferred exclusives" is, I find it hilarious how no one ever mentions the failed ones that nobody ever wanted to play and Sony just wasted time.

Niccas gotta stop acting like everything PS3 dropped in HOT! fukk that... niccas, dont try to constantly bring up Uncharted Series and MSG4 and LBP (a game that no one really liked but was hyped just for fukkery and the sake of being hyped) and Heavy Rain and think everything is sweet.

Dont forget and act like Lair, DC Universe (do people even still play that shyt), Haze (this shyt was supposed to do what Resistance and Killzone couldnt do, KILL HALO), Warhawk (hahahahahahahaha), Socom, Last Rebellion, Genji, and etc.

They arguably had some of the worst games ever made on any system, any generation.

These are a few of their exclusives and majority of them flopped badly, Halo alone prolly out sold atleast 20 of these games combined

1. SOCOM: Confrontation
2. Socom
3. Chunsoft
4. Time Crisis 4
5. The agency
6. MLB08: The Show
7. NBA08
8. FreeRealms MMO
9. My SUmmer Holiday
10. Wagan Midnight
11. Afrika
12. Angel Rings
13. Eight days
14. Eyedentify
15. Eyetoy
16. Fifth Phantom Saga
17. F1: Championship Edition 2006
18. Final Fantasy XIII
19. DC Universe
20. Big Time Revenge
21. Gretzky NHL
22. Wipeout
23. White Knight Story
24. Way of the Samurai 3
25. Warhawk
26. Final Fantasy Versus XIII
27. God Of War III
28. Gran Turismo 5
29. Heavenly Sword
30. Heavy Rain
31. Hot Shots Golf 5
32. Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier
33. Killzone 2
34. Lair
35. Metal Gear Solid 4
36. METRO 2033: The Last Refuge
37. Mist of Chaos
38. Monster Hunter 3
39. Folklore
40. Motor Storm 1
41. Motor Storm 2
42. Ninja Gaiden Sigma
43. Ni-Oh
44. Ratchet and Clank 5
45. Redwood falls
46. Resistance Fall Of Man 2
47. Singstar
48. Super Robot Taisen
49. Tekken 6
50. The Eye of Judgment
51. The Getaway

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The 360 fought the once-invincible PlayStation brand to a standstill. Split down to the middle and taking away all the third party exclusives. That is what the 360 will be remembered for. Some say that it dumbed down gaming for that gen, but M$ and their big $$$ really brought legit competition and made some people question Sony.

Also the gen when American developers took dominance on the charts. M$ is an American company and adapted to the online era very easily with the American made games. Japanese developers were stuck at a hard place cause remaining exclusive to the PS3 could cost them hundreds of millions of dollars. Sony was forced to adapt and to change their initial strategy that they relied on the PS1 and PS2 era: they had to made AAA games from in-house, not from third party companies anymore.

If the ps3 dropped at the same price as the 360 Sony it would have been a 3peat for Sony

shyt happens for a reason and Sony was stupid dropping a console at that price

Live did however make Sony step it up online and for that, outside of paying for online multiplayer, I'm grateful

Sent from my GNex Sucka!

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
If the ps3 dropped at the same price as the 360 Sony it would have been a 3peat for Sony

shyt happens for a reason and Sony was stupid dropping a console at that price

Live did however make Sony step it up online and for that, outside of paying for online multiplayer, I'm grateful

Sent from my GNex Sucka!

Come on Rekka!!!! You're a good guy.... very cool and intelligent... you're better than that.... not the "could've, should've would've" game?

Cuz hell from the HYPE of the history of PS3, before the Uncharted series and a small few others. Peeps loved the PS2 mainly for Max Payne, DMC, MGS2, Madden (cuz if yall recall early on it was exclusive and never came to Xbox), and the big game was GTA.

With that said, if Xbox would've had atleast Madden, DMC, Max Payne, Madden, and GTA the PS2 would've never had as big of a gap they had against the OG Xbox.... but that neither here or there.

History is history and it is what it is.... fukk all the moral victories

PS1 won the race again Nintendo and Sega, PS2 won against Sega, Nintendo, and Xbox, but Xbox 360 won against PS3 and Nintendo. Niccas need to just accept it

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Thread is on point. Consoles are defined by their exclusives for those who have no dog in the fight.

I will own the 365, PS4, and even the Wii U at some point to play all the exclusives and drop them again. Hell I'm almost willing to argue that the Wii as a better option for a PC gamer because the Wii exclusives > XBOX 360 exclusives. It all depends on your situation at the end of the day tho...to me I think its crazy that the xbox 360 gets such praise when its just a stripped down PC. XBL is nice for consoles, but I cannot be restricted like that

@hexagram23 check your pm

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The funny thing about about all these so called "preferred exclusives" is, I find it hilarious how no one ever mentions the failed ones that nobody ever wanted to play and Sony just wasted time.
same could be said for the Xbox 360 exclusives nobody talks about either. You can't say this and then turn a blind eye to the other exclusives 360 got that isn't halo or Gears.

Niccas gotta stop acting like everything PS3 dropped in HOT! fukk that... niccas, dont try to constantly bring up Uncharted Series and MSG4 and LBP (a game that no one really liked but was hyped just for fukkery and the sake of being hyped) and Heavy Rain and think everything is sweet.
How no one liked LBP yet it sold over 5 million copies and has a metacritic of 94??

Dont forget and act like Lair, DC Universe (do people even still play that shyt), Haze (this shyt was supposed to do what Resistance and Killzone couldnt do, KILL HALO), Warhawk (hahahahahahahaha), Socom, Last Rebellion, Genji, and etc.
Opinions again. I've seen a few people swear Warhawk was one of the best early mp games this gen as well as Killzone 2. Just because it's not as popular as Halo on a mainstream level doesn't mean it's wack. You're speaking from opinion as if it's fact.

I don't see people talking about 360 games like Raven Squad, fighters uncaged, infinite undiscovery, magna carta, ninety-nine nights etc.

They arguably had some of the worst games ever made on any system, any generation.
Please, every console has bad games.

These are a few of their exclusives and majority of them flopped badly, Halo alone prolly out sold atleast 20 of these games combined

2. Socom
3. Chunsoft
4. Time Crisis 4
5. The agency
7. NBA08
8. FreeRealms MMO
9. My SUmmer Holiday
10. Wagan Midnight
11. Afrika
12. Angel Rings
13. Eight days
14. Eyedentify
15. Eyetoy
16. Fifth Phantom Saga
18. Final Fantasy XIII
19. DC Universe
20. Big Time Revenge
21. Gretzky NHL
22. Wipeout
23. White Knight Story
24. Way of the Samurai 3
25. Warhawk
27. God Of War III
28. Gran Turismo 5
29. Heavenly Sword
30. Heavy Rain
31. Hot Shots Golf 5
33. Killzone 2
34. Lair
35. Metal Gear Solid 4
37. Mist of Chaos
38. Monster Hunter 3
39. Folklore
40. Motor Storm 1
41. Motor Storm 2
42. Ninja Gaiden Sigma
43. Ni-Oh
44. Ratchet and Clank 5
45. Redwood falls
47. Singstar
48. Super Robot Taisen
49. Tekken 6
50. The Eye of Judgment
51. The Getaway
:skip: Okay now you're being foolish. Gran Turismo 5, MGS4, Uncharted 2 or 3, LBP 1, etc has sold quite as much as a few entries in the Halo series for the 360. GT5 sold 9 million and so did Halo Reach.
Hell the first resistance sold 4 million.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Come on Rekka!!!! You're a good guy.... very cool and intelligent... you're better than that.... not the "could've, should've would've" game?

Cuz hell from the HYPE of the history of PS3, before the Uncharted series and a small few others. Peeps loved the PS2 mainly for Max Payne, DMC, MGS2, Madden (cuz if yall recall early on it was exclusive and never came to Xbox), and the big game was GTA.

With that said, if Xbox would've had atleast Madden, DMC, Max Payne, Madden, and GTA the PS2 would've never had as big of a gap they had against the OG Xbox.... but that neither here or there.

History is history and it is what it is.... fukk all the moral victories

PS1 won the race again Nintendo and Sega, PS2 won against Sega, Nintendo, and Xbox, but Xbox 360 won against PS3 and Nintendo. Niccas need to just accept it

It aint no moral victory. Sony lost incredible marketshare. They were stupid launching a 500/600 dollar console even though it was worth the price as far as what it gave you.

I know we can't do woulda shoulda coulda, but the first 2 Playstations were 300 bucks. The 360 launched at 400, Sony should've done the same. Or if the loss was too great based on the components, wait it out a year.

What's done is done, and they've obviously learned their lesson in design this time.

Even though I clown MS, I'm not going to completely ignore them revolutionizing online gaming on consoles. They weren't the first (Sega) with a unified online network, but they've done the most. My beef with MS is pump faking mufukkaz into thinking paying to play online should cost you. That's it.

But back on topic,
I do agree with the TS, but you can't disregard the contributions of Xbox Live this gen.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Thread is on point. Consoles are defined by their exclusives for those who have no dog in the fight.

I will own the 365, PS4, and even the Wii U at some point to play all the exclusives and drop them again. Hell I'm almost willing to argue that the Wii as a better option for a PC gamer because the Wii exclusives > XBOX 360 exclusives. It all depends on your situation at the end of the day tho...to me I think its crazy that the xbox 360 gets such praise when its just a stripped down PC. XBL is nice for consoles, but I cannot be restricted like that

@hexagram23 check your pm

I got no PMs breh. Send again if you sent something.

Fred.

Last edited by a moderator:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
It aint no moral victory. Sony lost incredible marketshare. They were stupid launching a 500/600 dollar console even though it was worth the price as far as what it gave you.

I know we can't do woulda shoulda coulda, but the first 2 Playstations were 300 bucks. The 360 launched at 400, Sony should've done the same. Or if the loss was too great based on the components, wait it out a year.

What's done is done, and they've obviously learned their lesson in design this time.

Even though I clown MS, I'm not going to completely ignore them revolutionizing online gaming on consoles. They weren't the first (Sega) with a unified online network, but they've done the most. My beef with MS is pump faking mufukkaz into thinking paying to play online should cost you. That's it.

But back on topic,
I do agree with the TS, but you can't disregard the contributions of Xbox Live this gen.
Sony loss all their profits from ps1 and 2 and still are in the red with 3 . console sales mean jack shyt ask sony.

if the microsoft didn't have RROD issues sony would be dead right now, that saved them completely.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps

:huh: Multiplat games exist on PS3 too and 2-3 great exclusives per year is better than 1-2 exclusive per year that are merely another entry in the same franchise.

For example in 2011 how could a PS3 owner complain?? Close to 20 exclusives came out for it excluding multiplats.

PS3 had:

• Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel
    Hyperdimension Neptunia
    The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection 92 Metacritic
    inFAMOUS 2 82 Metacritic
    Killzone 3 84 Metacritic
    LittleBigPlanet 2 91 Metacritic
    MLB 11 The Show 90 Metacritic
    MotorStorm Apocalypse 77 Metacritic
    No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise (Fall)
    Pixeljunk Shooter 2 87 Metacritic
    PlayStation Move Heroes (2011)
    Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One (Fall)
    Resistance 3 83 Metacritic
    SOCOM 4 (2011)
    Sorcery (2011)
    Twisted Metal 76 Metacritic
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception 92 Metacritic
    Yakuza 4 74 Metacritic
Granted not every single one on that list was amazing but quite a few were. The ones I bolded had great metacritic scores regardless of whether you like it or not. Eleven of those games would be classified as great games by a neutral gamer who's disinterested in fanboy politics. If those eleven games suck to you then you probably are a fanatic of just one or two series that just so happen to be on Xbox.

Now when someone brings this info up some dudes usually ignorantly refute this by distorting the convo about which of those games sold over 6+ million as if the sales take away from the quality of the game.

I know for a fact had these same games been on Xbox 360, xbox fanboys would bring them up in this very same thread to prove how versatile the Xbox 360's library is.

yakuza 4 was awful and this is from a HUGE yakuza fan. sony hasn't focused on a triple A game in 2-3 years uncharted 3 was that last time they focused on one. this holiday season sony didn't have nothing to compete with horizon and halo 4 so i didn't bother turning the 3 on at all. Not to mention games that were published from PC its not even close who had the bigger 2012 season for gamers.2013 Sony should be the better season, but at this point its 8 years for the 360 and they are transitioning. all it all they both have had their ups and downs.

:ufdup:

Sony has more everything than MS

funny cause 360 has more exclusives with better ratings.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin

:skip: Okay now you're being foolish. Gran Turismo 5, MGS4, Uncharted 2 or 3, LBP 1, etc has sold quite as much as a few entries in the Halo series for the 360. GT5 sold 9 million and so did Halo Reach.
Hell the first resistance sold 4 million.

I'm gonna address this 1st.....

Bruh.... lol.... that list is like 50 games.... Ok yes.... MGS4.... Uncharted, GT5.... yes nice... the same games that people brag about like ALL the time.... .. impressive.

But, are actually telling me that games like

2. Socom
3. Chunsoft
4. Time Crisis 4
5. The agency
7. NBA08
8. FreeRealms MMO
9. My SUmmer Holiday
10. Wagan Midnight
11. Afrika
12. Angel Rings
13. Eight days
14. Eyedentify
15. Eyetoy
16. Fifth Phantom Saga

18. Final Fantasy XIII
19. DC Universe
20. Big Time Revenge
21. Gretzky NHL
22. Wipeout
23. White Knight Story

24. Way of the Samurai 3
25. Warhawk
27. God Of War III
28. Gran Turismo 5
29. Heavenly Sword
30. Heavy Rain
31. Hot Shots Golf 5
33. Killzone 2
34. Lair
35. Metal Gear Solid 4
37. Mist of Chaos
38. Monster Hunter 3
39. Folklore
40. Motor Storm 1
41. Motor Storm 2

42. Ninja Gaiden Sigma
43. Ni-Oh
44. Ratchet and Clank 5
45. Redwood falls
47. Singstar
48. Super Robot Taisen
49. Tekken 6
50. The Eye of Judgment
51. The Getaway

Put up the same numbers?? 4 and 5 million?

And no one ever said that 360 dont put out bad exclusives, like you said, all systems do, but the PS3 seem to pump out some just for the sake of pumping them out to be like "hey we got exclusives" and a lot of them shyts are garbage.

Quality over quantity, its just not impressive dropping (exaggerating but still) 10 exclusives a month if only one or 2 are gonna be great every other month. Thats like a nicca in bball putting up 60 shots a game to score 25 pts

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd387/sparks98765/Updated.png

Bruh, the Halo series has done like 50 million in sales.... Them other games combined aint did that :childplease:

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo he said if the 360 didn't have a terrible defect rate it would put SONY out of the console game.

My guy the Japanese ain't messing with the 360 like that and to a lesser effect neither are the Europeans, SONY coming from arguably the best console ever made the PS2 are going to vanish because Microsoft had a working console and what Kameo. :comeon:

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Great system but mine have just broke down too many times for my liking. I've had 2 360's and have had to get them both repaired like a combined 5 or 6 times:flabbynsick: