A few years from now many will look back at the Xbox 360 and realize...

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
as an actual system the 360 was just average at best. the main reason for its success is Xbox Live. it drove people to buy multi-platform games for it and that in turn pushed developers to embrace and favor it.

the 360 owes its success to Sony's incompetence. i'm eager to see Sony and Microsoft duke it out in this generation on equal footing with both consoles coming out in the same time frame.

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
You're delusional.
In the grand scheme of things the 360 was more successful than its competitors this gen.
Xbox Live changed online gaming and we're already seeing its influence on M$' competitors. The only knock you can make on them is that they did not have exclusives.
If you're a PlayStation fan you should actually be happy that this console was a success. Otherwise PS4 would have a $800 price tag.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Xbox 360 will be remembered as the system that revolutionized console gaming. All the ideas and features Sony showed for the ps4 came from the success of the 360. Easy to develop for, social gaming, multi media options and support. All ideas that were revolutionized and made popular by 360.

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
So in this case what systems are the most influential? (3rd generation on...)

Nes/Gameboy
Pc Engine cd
Snes/Genesis
Playstation/N64
Dreamcast/Ps2
Xbox 360/ Wii

As a loyal Sony Enthusiast i can honestly say that there was nothing that the ps3 as a console did to leave a mark on the gaming industry... the exclusives (games themselves) yeah sure but we're basing this on consoles only.

But i wholeheartedly do believe that this next generation is possibly going to be the last MAJOR leap in innovation for the foreseeable future.

All three systems will have it's niche & should have something that will differentiate each others product.

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
360 is waaaaaaay better then Piece Of shyt 3 though... & I owned both for years before I realized the PS3 was an overpriced Blu-Ray Player & nothing else...

VladTheImpaler

The Sensational Prince
Daps
Reppin
The Palace of Eternal Sun
It was one of the worst gaming consoles of all time only saved by a strong online interface and community, lets look back

-Were there really any good exclusive (key word exclusive) games other than the usual Gears of War and overrated Halo franchises?

-Call of Duty and the simplistic online interface and the fact that it was a cheaper priced system is the only reason most people would prefer the 360, lets be honest

-While developers were producing another rehashed gunner game, the PS3 developers were crafting state of the art gameplay that was overlooked by games like Call of Duty.
To this day there has not been an action game on the level of Uncharted 2, which I considered the gold standard of action games, throw in some Metal Gear 4, God of War 3, kill zone, ratchet and clank, little big planet, heavy rain,

Which brings me to this question?
Why do 360 owners pretend like all the multiplatform games were only made for 360
How many times have you heard "ps3 got no games bruh"
Out of the mouths of dudes who only play Call of Duty :comeon:

Truly a horrible uninspired system compared to many others

A few years from now we will look back
and see how fukking stupid this thread was and how ridiculous your view is on this gen's console war.

Christian3o5

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami, FL
I honestly think that most people on this forum(arcadium) that complain and shyt, are the ones who suck ass at video games :leostare:

110% co-sign what @Costanza said, pretty much sums up OP's rage :wow:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Xbox 360 is the goat console, cause it made online play on consoles what it is today, if it was up to sony we would be stuck playing no replay value single player games, single player games arent poppin like that no more, that why sony exclusives never sold better, till this day wit both around thecsame install base I beat gears sell more than any PlayStation exclusive, ps just dont have hardcore games like that

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
360 has Alan Wake, Lost Odyssey, Fabe 2-3, Forza, Crackdown 1-2...that's all I think of.

I do agree that that the 360 isn’t the king when it comes to the exclusives but still great console.