A Dose of Reality About Comicbook Movies

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
This guy is correct in his assertion that studios don't make comic book movies for comic book heads. The problem with ASM2 is that it was just a subpar movie. If they had stuck to the material, it still would've had those tonal shifts throughout the movie that made it disjointed. I listened to a reviewer on a podcast say that Peter Parker wasn't nerdy enough, and how that was a huge factor in their negative reaction to both movies.

On the other hand, I am getting irritated with moviegoers who expect some type of realism or social commentary about superheroes. They and the people who only watch the cartoons and expect the movie to contain only those elements/storylines bothers the hell out of me. Being fatigued or angry with the Peter Parker/Gwen Stacy relationship in the film is complete nonsense.

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
his parents were SHIELD agents..Norman/Harry actually engineered them being bought back in his life in the 90s and they turned out to be clones. Just wanted to fukk with him more

:ohhh:
damn I didn't even know all that. pretty interesting...

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:ohhh:
damn I didn't even know all that. pretty interesting...

Yeah check it out breh. It's a part of the whole Clone Saga storyline during the 90s. His parents were SHIELD agents who died on a mission which is how he came into care of his aunt and uncle. Then the Osborn family did their normal dirt just to mess around with him

parkers61.jpg

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
Yeah check it out breh. It's a part of the whole Clone Saga storyline during the 90s. His parents were SHIELD agents who died on a mission which is how he came into care of his aunt and uncle. Then the Osborn family did their normal dirt just to mess around with him

parkers61.jpg

:beli: Now I know why I never heard of this...I never read any of the Clone Saga stuff.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:beli: Now I know why I never heard of this...I never read any of the Clone Saga stuff.

There's a few good stories in it but for the most part :camby:. I know a lot of heads will disagree with me because 90s comics are there thing but that clone saga shyt is atrocious mainly because it went on too long. Maximum Carnage is a terrible story

Fury616

www.illdust.com
Daps
Reppin
( o Y o )
There's a few good stories in it but for the most part :camby:. I know a lot of heads will disagree with me because 90s comics are there thing but that clone saga shyt is atrocious mainly because it went on too long. Maximum Carnage is a terrible story

Nah you on point...I fukked wit McFarlane's and Erik Larsen's Spider Man.

After they left to form Image I tossed Spider-Man in the bushes unitl recently wit Superior Spider-Man.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Nah you on point...I fukked wit McFarlane's and Erik Larsen's Spider Man.

After they left to form Image I tossed Spider-Man in the bushes unitl recently wit Superior Spider-Man.

JMS' run was pretty dope though man, a lot of good stuff. that 9/11 issue he did is :wow:

A few issues of the Brand New Day stuff is cool but mostly
Jay-Z-so-so.gif

So I'd say you're at a good point right now

Kartel13

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most don't want the movies to be exactly like the comics...I know I don't. The problem is when these Hollywood clowns stray so far away from the source material and fukk it all up.

The Spider-Man movies were garbage cuz Peter Parker is a whiny crying bytch. In the comics he constantly jokes around and trolls his enemies while kicking their asses.

Batman actually has detective skills and is a strategic genius which is almost completely absent from all the Batman movies.

The Walking Dead show would be so much better if it were closer to the source material like Game of Thrones.

Thats the shyt that causes nerd rage.

Lol @ source material. This is the type of nonsense a typical comic book nerd will say. I can't really comment on the spiderman movies but the ones with Tobey did have him clown on his enemies, not just over the top.

Nolan's movie did cover his detective skills but didn't spend the entire 2 hour fukken movie just to appease the comic book nerds. We saw him analyze bullet prints, create a cellular type sonar device to track down the joker, and spent a small time investigating cat woman. LOL @ spending an entire 2 hours of watching Batman show off his investigating skills.

The Walking Dead actually follows the comic book pretty close, especially this past season. They just have too huge of a following to make things a little bit more hard core but their shyt is still pretty graphic, especially for basic cable. But their huge audience requires them to keep it more on the simple side of things, kind of like what they do with blockbuster films.