A Controversial Discussion on Black History Month

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
1. It claims true descendants of the land given you reparations. African American gives you nothing.
2. You are going on a website that can list you as African but notice no real documentation of father, mother or date of birth but somehow knows your birthplace. How was he or she born in Africa? If they know that, they know the location in Africa.
3. Phenotypes can be the same but not of the same location.

You truly don't know how black the Indians were and it shows.

1. We are ADOS/AA and still reparations are due -- because their labor, bodies, everything -- built this country. It gives us EVERYTHING.

2. And so are you. You are posting pictures of Natives who have melanated skin -- but still didn't see themselves as you or anything related to what is considered "Black."

3. Contrary to your belief -- info is available. Ships Manifest are available. It tells you the exact slave port in Africa. It's work -- but many can and have been found.

4. Our Phenotypes, stories, oral history, mannerisms, customs are very much African. Not Native.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
1. We are ADOS/AA is still reparations are due -- because their labor, bodies, everything -- built this country. It gives us EVERYTHING.

2. And so are you. You are posting pictures of Natives who have melanated skin -- but still didn't see themselves as you or anything related to what is considered "Black."

3. Contrary to your belief -- info is available. Ships Manifest are available. It tells you the exact slave port in Africa. It's work -- but many can and have been found.

4. Our Phenotypes, stories, oral history, mannerisms, customs are very much African. Not Native.

1. That title was given to you by those who have no clout and wasn't wanted by the black population as of the 1980's.
2. Look at #1..
3. Why isn't there replicas of these ships....white man boosts hard about their savage accomplishments but not one ship is re created. I'm not talking about drawings either.

4. I'm waiting for you to show all this in your theory.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Personally, I can look at my Paternal Granddad pictures and see African.

A lot of our phenotypes were not only inherently african -- but changed due to our ancestors treatment in slavery.

My granddaddy was SHORT -- my dad was a little bit taller than him. But, enslaved Africans when they got here were mad short. We already know many Africans are short -- well I guess the ones in tribes they sold off.

qJmpw2M.png

67 inches is 5.5. So, the highest height was less than 5'6.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Personally, I can look at my Paternal Granddad pictures and see African.

A lot of our phenotypes were not only inherently african -- but changed due to our ancestors treatment in slavery.

My granddaddy was SHORT -- my dad was a little bit taller than him. But, enslaved Africans when they got here were mad short. We already know many Africans are short -- well I guess the ones in tribes they sold off.

qJmpw2M.png

67 inches is 5.5. So, the highest height was less than 5'6.

Africans are mad short...:gucci:

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
1. That title was given to you by those who have no clout and wasn't wanted by the black population as of the 1980's.
2. Look at #1..
3. Why isn't there replicas of these ships....white man boosts hard about their savage accomplishments but not one ship is re created. I'm not talking about drawings either.

4. I'm waiting for you to show all this in your theory.

1. I really don't care about the title -- I care about what the goals are of the title. It can be named anything - and I will be down.

-- most -- if not all -- of the ships that were used -- were not AMERICAN ships - they were owned by the British, Dutch, and Spanish -- they used them to transport slaves. So, "America" didn't own the ships -- so they NOT gonna be here..lol.

--the transportation of slaves from Africa stopped in 1807-1808 --sure they were still low-key sneaking africans in -- but it was greatly haulted.

-- fewer than 350,000 enslaved people were imported into the Thirteen Colonies and the U.S., constituting less than 5% of the twelve million enslaved people brought from Africa to the Americas. That means we reproduced because they breeded our ancestors -- and naturally.

-- Because they were wooden -- and they used repurposed the woods. Also, a lot of the ships were used for other things.

These not real? OF COURSE, they are not in America -- can we didn't own them.

leo_balai.jpg

Dutch Slave Ship: AFRO-EUROPE: Book: The sinking of the slave ship Leusden

amistad1.jpg

Spanish Slave ship

41wvpopmn6011.jpg

November 1st and 4th of 1868.

Last edited:

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Africans are mad short...:gucci:

They are. Google homie. You will find what I am saying is documented and truthful. That's exactly my point -- those coming over were mad short.

Proof:

My granddaddy born in 1902 -- His name was "Shorty"..lol His paternal great granddad is listed from "Africa" on the Census. He was like 5'4-5'5.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
The following taken from Appendix C of The Suppression of the African Slave-Trade to the United States of America 1638-1870,by W. E. B. Du Bois, are the slave ships that are a matter of record involved in the American slave trade between 1814 (the first ship noted after the 1808 Constitutional ban went into effect) and 1864. I have not included any of the supporting documentation listed for each entry simply to prevent muddling up each entry. Anyone interested in viewing the supporting documentation to each entry in Appendix C can view the book available for reading or downloading in different formats at The suppression of the African slave-trade to the United States of America, 1638-1870 : Du Bois, W. E. B. (William Edward Burghardt), 1868-1963 : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

1814. Saucy Jack carries off slaves from Africa and attacks British cruiser. English brig Neptune, detained by U.S.S. John Adams, for smuggling slaves into the United States.

1816 (circa). Paz, Rosa, Dolores, Mueva Paz, and Dorset, American slavers in Spanish-African trade. Many of these were formerly privateers.

1817, Jan. 17. Eugene, armed Mexican schooner, captured while attempting to smuggle slaves into the United States.

1817, Nov. 19. Tentativa, captured with 128 slaves and brought into Savannah.

1818. Three schooners unload slaves in Louisiana.

1818, June. Constitution, captured with 84 slaves on the Florida coast,' by a United States army officer.

1818, June. Louisa and Merino, captured slavers, smuggling from Cuba to the United States; condemned after five years' litigation.

1819. Antelope, or General Ramirez. The Colombia (or Arraganta), a Venezuelan privateer, fitted in the United States and manned by Americans, captures slaves from a Spanish slaver, the Antelope, and from other slavers ; is wrecked, and transfers crew and slaves to Antelope ; the latter, under the name of the General Ramirez, is captured with 280 slaves by a United States ship. The slaves were distributed, some to Spanish claimants, some sent to Africa, and some allowed to remain ; many died.

1820. Endymion, Plattsburg, Science, Esperanza, and Alexander, captured on the African

coast by United States ships, and sent to New York and Boston.

1820. General Artigas imports twelve slaves into the United States.

1821 (?). Dolphin, captured by United States officers and sent to Charleston, South Carolina.

1821. La Jeune Eugene, La Daphnes, La Mathilde, and L'Elize, captured by U. S. S. Alligator; La Jeune Eugene sent to Boston ; the rest escape, and are recaptured under the French flag; the French protest.

1821. La Pensee, captured with 220 slaves by the U. S. S. Hornet; taken to Louisiana.

1821. Esencia lands 113 Negroes at Matanzas.

1826. Fell's Point attempts to land Negroes in the United States. The Negroes were seized.

1827, Dec. 20. Guerrero, Spanish slaver, chased by British cruiser and grounded on Key West, with 561 slaves; a part (121) were landed at Key West, where they were seized by the collector; 250 were seized by the Spanish and taken to Cuba, etc.

1828, March 11. General Geddes brought into St. Augustine for safe keeping 117 slaves, said to have been those taken from the wrecked Guerrero and landed at Key West

1828. Blue-eyed Mary, of Baltimore, sold to Spaniards and captured with 405 slaves by a British cruiser.

1830, June 4. Fenix, with 82 Africans, captured by U. S. S. Grampus, and brought to Pensacola; American built, with Spanish colors.

1831, Jan. 3. Comet, carrying slaves from the District of Columbia to New Orleans, was wrecked on Bahama banks and 164 slaves taken to Nassau, in New Providence, where they were freed. Great Britain finally paid indemnity for these slaves.

1834, Feb. 4. Encomium, bound from Charleston, South Carolina, to New Orleans, with 45 slaves, was wrecked near Fish Key, Abaco, and slaves were carried to Nassau and freed. Great Britain eventually paid indemnity for these slaves.

1835, March. Enterprise, carrying 78 slaves from the District of Columbia to Charleston, was compelled by rough weather to put into the port of Hamilton, West Indies, where the slaves were freed. Great Britain refused to pay for these, because, before they landed, slavery in the West Indies had been abolished.

1836, Aug.-Sept. Emanuel, Dolores, Anaconda, and Viper, built in the United States, clear from Havana for Africa.

1837, Eleven American slavers clear from Havana for Africa.

1837, Washington, allowed to proceed to Africa by the American consul at Havana.

1838, Prova spends three months refitting in the harbor of Charleston, South Carolina; afterwards captured by the British, with 225 slaves.

1838, Nineteen American slavers clear from Havana for Africa.

1838-9. Venus American built, manned partly by Americans, owned by Spaniards.

1839. Morris Cooper, of Philadelphia, lands 485 Negroes in Cuba.

1839. Edwin and George Crooks, slavers, boarded by British cruisers.

1839. Eagle, Clara, and Wyoming, with American and Spanish flags and papers and an American crew, captured by British cruisers, and brought to New York. The United States government declined to interfere in case of the Eagle and the Clara, and they were taken to Jamaica. The Wyoming was forfeited to the United States.
1839. Florida, protected from British cruisers by American papers.

1839. Five American slavers arrive at Havana from Africa, under American flags.

1839. Twenty-three American slavers clear from Havana.

1839. Rebecca, part Spanish, condemned at Sierra Leone.

1839. Douglas and Lago, American slavers, visited by British cruisers, for which the United States demanded indemnity.

1839, April 9. Susan, suspected slaver, boarded by the British.

1839, July-Sept. Dolphin (or Constitucao), Hound, Mary Gushing (or Sete de Avril), with American and Spanish flags and papers.

1839, Aug. L'Amistad, slaver, with fifty-three Negroes on board, who mutinied ; the vessel was then captured by a United States vessel and brought into Connecticut; the Negroes were declared free.

1839, Sept. My Boy, of New Orleans, seized by a British cruiser, and condemned at Sierra Leone.

1839, Sept. 23. Butterfly, of New Orleans, fitted as a slaver, and captured by a British cruiser on the coast of Africa.

1839, Oct. Catharine, of Baltimore, captured on the African coast by a British cruiser, and brought by her to New York.

1839. Asp, Laura, and Mary Ann Cassard, foreign slavers sailing under the American flag.

1839. Two Friends, of New Orleans, equipped slaver, with Spanish, Portuguese, and American flags.

1839. Euphrates, of Baltimore, with American papers, seized by British cruisers as Spanish property. Before this she had been boarded fifteen times.

1839. Ontario, American slaver, "sold" to the Spanish on shipping a cargo of slaves.

1839. Mary, of Philadelphia; case of a slaver whose nationality was disputed.

1840, March. Sarah Ann, of New Orleans, captured with fraudulent papers.
'
1840, June. Caballero, Hudson, and Crawford; the arrival of these American slavers was publicly billed in Cuba.

1840. Tigris, captured by British cruisers and sent to Boston for kidnapping.

1840. Jones, seized by the British.

1841, Nov. 7. Creole, of Richmond, Virginia, transporting slaves to New Orleans; the crew mutiny and take her to Nassau, British West Indies. The slaves were freed and Great Britain refused indemnity.

1841. Pilgrim, of Portsmouth, N. H., Solon, of Baltimore, William Jones and Himmaleh., of New York, clear from Rio Janeiro for Africa.

1842, May. Illinois, of Gloucester, saved from search by the American flag ; escaped under the Spanish flag, loaded with slaves.

1842. June. Shakespeare, of Baltimore, with 430 slaves, captured by British cruisers.

1843. Kentucky, of New York, trading to Brazil.

1844. Enterprise, of Boston, transferred in Brazil for slave-trade.

1844. Uncas, of New Orleans, protected by United States papers; allowed to clear, in spite of her evident character.

1844. Sooy, of Newport, without papers, captured by the British sloop
Racer, after landing 600 slaves on the coast of Brazil.

1844. Cyrus, of New Orleans, suspected slaver, captured by the British cruiser Alert.

1844-5 Nineteen slavers from Beverly, Boston, Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York, Providence, and Portland, make twenty-two trips.

1844-9 Ninety-three slavers in Brazilian trade.

1845. Porpoise, trading to Brazil.

1845, May 14. Spitfire, of New Orleans, captured on the coast of Africa, and the captain indicted in Boston.

1845-6. Patuxent, Pons, Eobert Wilson, Merchant, and Panther, captured by Commodore Skinner.

1847. Fame, of New London, Connecticut, lands 700 slaves in Brazil.

1849. Casco, slaver, with no papers ; searched, and captured with 420 slaves, by a British cruiser.

1850. Martha, of New York, captured when about to embark 1800 slaves. The captain was admitted to bail, and escaped.

1850. Lucy Ann, of Boston, captured with 547 slaves by the British.

1850. Navarre, American slaver, trading to Brazil, searched and finally seized by a British cruiser.

1850 (circa}. Louisa Beaton, Pilot, Chatsworth, Meteor, R. de Zaldo, Chester, etc., American slavers, searched by British vessels.

1851. Sept. 18. Illinois brings seven kidnapped West India Negro boys into Norfolk, Virginia.

1852-62. Twenty-six ships arrested and bonded for slave-trading in the Southern District of New York.

1852. Advance and Rachel P. Brown, of New York; the capture of these was hindered by the United States consul in the Cape Verd Islands.

1853. Silenus, of New York, and General de Kalb, of Baltimore, carry 900 slaves from Africa.

1853. Jasper carries slaves to Cuba.

1853. Camargo, of Portland, Maine, lands 500 slaves in Brazil.

1854. Glamorgan, of New York, captured when about to embark nearly 700 slaves.

1854. Grey Eagle, of Philadelphia, captured off Cuba by British
cruiser.

1854. Peerless, of New York, lands 350 Negroes in Cuba.

1854. Oregon, of New Orleans, trading to Cuba.

1856. Mary E. Smith, sailed from Boston in spite of efforts to detain her, and was captured with 387 slaves, by the Brazilian brig Olinda, at port of St. Matthews.

1857. Twenty or more slavers from New York, New Orleans, etc.

1857. William Clark and Jupiter, of New Orleans, Eliza Jane, of New York, Jos. H. Record, of Newport, and Onward, of Boston, captured by British cruisers.

1857. James Buchanan, slaver, escapes under American colors, with 300 slaves.

1857. James Titers, of New Orleans, with 1200 slaves, captured by British cruiser.

1857. Four New Orleans slavers on the African coast.

1857. Cortes, of New York, captured.

1857. Charles, of Boston, captured by British cruisers, with about 400 slaves.

1857. Adams Gray and W- D. Miller, of New Orleans, fully equipped slavers.

1857-8. Charlotte, of New York, Charles, of Maryland, etc., reported American slavers.

1858, Aug. 21. Echo, captured with 306 slaves, and brought to Charleston, South Carolina.

1858, Sept. 8. Brothers, captured and sent to Charleston, South Carolina.

1858. Mobile, Cortez, Tropic Bird; cases of American slavers searched by British vessels.

1858. Wanderer, lands 500 slaves in Georgia.

1859. Dec. 20. Delicia, supposed to be Spanish, but without papers; captured by a United States ship. The United States courts declared her beyond their jurisdiction.

1860. Erie, with 897 Africans, captured by a United States ship.

1860. William, with 550 slaves, Wildfire, with 507, captured on the coast of Cuba.

1861. Augusta, slaver, which, in spite of the efforts of the officials, started on her voyage.

1861. Storm King, of Baltimore, lands 650 slaves in Cuba.

1862. Ocilla, of Mystic, Connecticut, lands slaves in Cuba.

1864. Huntress, of New York, under the American flag, lands slaves in Cuba.