A Controversial Discussion on Black History Month

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Um, quick PSA: just wanted to duck in and say this is not true. Bp say it a lot for some reason, I don't get it. But no, it has not been "thousands" of years. More like 500, give or take a few decades.

To clarify....The Moors were murdered and attacked in Europe since the 1200's.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
ind.jpg

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
To clarify....The Moors were murdered and attacked in Europe since the 1200's.
Of course they were, the Moors had been colonizing Europe since the 700's. What you're referring to is the normal course of events when subjugated humans attempt to throw off the yoke, and those petty revolts were put down hard. Their attempts didn't 'take' until the mid-late 1400's, iirc, which is when they finally shook them off and left their shythole countries to seek the riches of Africa.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Again documents/manifest must be presented as facts not just timelines and stories. Look at your link to question somethings....

1. 1502 only one slave came over here? Where from?
2. 1504- Probably Slaves......Probably? You can't make statements like this and claim them as facts...
3. 1509- Columbus Son complains about Native American Slaves in the Carribean not working.... I thought you were showing me Africans.
4. 1516 doesn't address what kind of slave group rebels on the ship in Spain.
5. If Thousands are sent each year, there should be documents of who, what when where and why in journals. It's like the crew doesn't have an inventory list of what is on the ship before sailing. How many crew members does it take to maintain sailing, food supply/cargo and keeping slaves from revolting or dying? We need documentation on that.

6. Again Slave Trade happened but to what extent it's exaggerated or altered from Africa to the Americans.
7. 1617 Records show slaves in Bermuda but no record of where they came from...

8. So the story is these white people went into Africa and picked up all these Africans without a fight and shipped them overseas?
:dead:

I literally linked you a slavery voyage database with dates, ship+captain names, and numbers dating back to the 16th century and this is your response? What is wrong with you? For example I just clicked on a random one here...
Voyage Information
:gucci:

We know that the initial waves of slaves were predominantly sent to South America, Jamaica and other islands. I really have no idea what you're talking about at this point.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dead:

I literally linked you a slavery voyage database with dates, ship+captain names, and numbers dating back to the 16th century and this is your response? What is wrong with you? For example I just clicked on a random one here...
Voyage Information
:gucci:

We know that the initial waves of slaves were predominantly sent to South America, Jamaica and other islands. I really have no idea what you're talking about at this point.

The sources of this database comes from a CD-ROM from 1999. So they have no other sources of documentation?

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
What is gained by being/claiming Native American/Indigenous? They don't see you as kin.

And I find it VERY hard to believe that someone traces their tree -- and they are BLACK -- and think they don't have any African ancestors. I say to that -- you aint looking hard enough-- or at all. Plus, records don't go back that far. UNLESS, you have Estate/Will papers for all of your ancestors -- and that ish is IMPOSSIBLE.

First off, when you research the Census -- most of us are cut off at 1870 -- so you are not going to see AFRICA as their home. But, MANY, MANY census records straight up list Africa as many of the former enslaved home.

It's literally hundred of THOUSANDS of records that list AFRICA for Black people. From the time period of 1700-1899.

msuef3Z.png

7XCgZIp.jpg

7fyhdPX.jpg

Our people were African -- look at their faces. They were descendants and "fresh off the boat" africans.

index.php

Oyster and fish women, Charleston, S.C. 1870

Photo shows an elderly African American man, three-quarter length portrait, wearing coat and top hat, seated, facing front, with right hand resting on the handle of a bow saw that he holds between his legs. West Chester, PA. : W.H. Ingram's Photograph and Ferrotype Gallery, No. 11 West Gay Street, West Chester, PA., [between 1855 and 1870]

Daps
So your theory is that our ancestors were here in heavy numbers and then what?? Just got crushed by the white man and forced into slavery? And it was so easy and quick NO ONE wrote about it in a journal or diary? So you saying the Indians resisted but our ancestors just laid down and accepted slavery? ALL of them? And that gives you prjde??

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So your theory is that our ancestors were here in heavy numbers and then what?? Just got crushed by the white man and forced into slavery? And it was so easy and quick NO ONE wrote about it in a journal or diary? So you saying the Indians resisted but our ancestors just laid down and accepted slavery? ALL of them? And that gives you prjde??

The question shouldn't be asked to me but those who claim Africans were taken in boats by the thousands and there is no records of resistance which proves that the story has been fabricated. We all know African Tribes would have destroyed those white boys coming onto ships to steal their people. There is too much evidence of wars fought here in America before the U.S. was created by Black Indigenous of the land against the foreigners.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
The question shouldn't be asked to me but those who claim Africans were taken in boats by the thousands and there is no records of resistance which proves that the story has been fabricated. We all know African Tribes would have destroyed those white boys coming onto ships to steal their people.

The thing is they were SOLD -- not taken/kidnapped -- so they don't care.

Folklore and Stories about Drugging and Ceremonial Baths the enslaved so that they (nor their descendants) would return:
Every part of West Africa that trafficked in slaves possessed its own Lethe, rivers and streams whose water made slaves forget their pasts, dense groves that trapped old memories in the web of leaves, rocks that obstructed entrance to the past, amulets that deafened a man to his mother tongue, and shrines that pared and pruned time so that only today was left.

Traditional healers devised herbal concoctions that could make the most devoted husband forget his wife in the blink of an eye, marabouts applied potions and dispensed talismans that erased the trail home, priests forced captives to vow oaths of allegiance to their captors, sorcerers tamed recalcitrants with the powers of the left hand. European traders, too, employed occultists to pacify and entrance slaves with medicinal plants.

A famous slave trader on the Rio Pongo subdued his captives with the aid of an enchanted rock. He lined them up and forced each in turn to take a seat on the rock, which drained away all will. After this treatment, the prisoners no longer resisted their bonds, recalled their pasts, or attempted to flee the trader. After being washed with a brew distilled from plant roots, the slave was integrated into a group of the newly pacified. In Ghana, captives were given ceremonial baths before sale to wash them clean of old identities. Medicine men, fetish priests, and slave traders recited songs and incantations that lulled the captive into embracing servitude and that eradicated all visions of home.

In Ewe country, on the eastern coast, people still told stories of a brew or tonic that prevented slaves from retracing the path back to their country. In the north, they possessed medicine so powerful that it transformed ablebodied men and women into vacuous and tractable slaves. The plant Crotalaria arenaria, a leguminous undershrub found in the savanna, was called manta uwa, which means “forget mother” in Hausa. Traders boasted that slaves ingesting the plant soon forgot their origins and no longer attempted to run away.

Manta uwa made you forget your kin, lose sight of your country, and cease to think of freedom. It expunged all memories of a natal land, and it robbed the slave of spiritual protection. Ignorant of her lineage, to whom could the slave appeal? No longer able to recall the shrines or sacred groves or water deities or ancestor spirits or fetishes that could exact revenge on her behalf, she was defenseless. No longer anyone’s child, the slave had no choice but to bear the visible marks of servitude and accept a new identity in the household of the owner. It was one thing to be a stranger in a strange land, and an entirely worse state to be a stranger to yourself.
-----

Welcome the Diaspora
Slave Trade Heritage Tourism and the Public Memory of Slavery
21136368019_347656568b_b.jpg

In this place there was the tree of forgetting. The male slaves should turn nine times around it, the female slaves seven times. Once they finished turning, the slaves were expected to become amnesic. They forgot their past, their origins, and their cultural identity to have no will to react or rebel [13].​

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Africans will straight up tell you the truth. Only Continental Africans front like it aint what it is. They were selling 40 people for one Umbrella. In addition selling people for liquor, kitchenware. They had no connection to the people they sold. We were not kidnapped.

invalid

Banned
Daps
Yes because Tribes don't have similar attributes to their culture features.

If we were indigenous to America, why would we have similar attributes to West African cultural features?
Is your claim that Native Americans came to America from Africa and not Asia? I'm confused.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What is gained by being/claiming Native American/Indigenous? They don't see you as kin.

And I find it VERY hard to believe that someone traces their tree -- and they are BLACK -- and think they don't have any African ancestors. I say to that -- you aint looking hard enough-- or at all. Plus, records don't go back that far. UNLESS, you have Estate/Will papers for all of your ancestors -- and that ish is IMPOSSIBLE.

First off, when you research the Census -- most of us are cut off at 1870 -- so you are not going to see AFRICA as their home. But, MANY, MANY census records straight up list Africa as many of the former enslaved home.

It's literally hundred of THOUSANDS of records that list AFRICA for Black people. From the time period of 1700-1899.

msuef3Z.png

7XCgZIp.jpg

7fyhdPX.jpg

Our people were African -- look at their faces. They were descendants and "fresh off the boat" africans.

index.php

Oyster and fish women, Charleston, S.C. 1870

Photo shows an elderly African American man, three-quarter length portrait, wearing coat and top hat, seated, facing front, with right hand resting on the handle of a bow saw that he holds between his legs. West Chester, PA. : W.H. Ingram's Photograph and Ferrotype Gallery, No. 11 West Gay Street, West Chester, PA., [between 1855 and 1870]

1. It claims true descendants of the land given you reparations. African American gives you nothing.
2. You are going on a website that can list you as African but notice no real documentation of father, mother or date of birth but somehow knows your birthplace. How was he or she born in Africa? If they know that, they know the location in Africa.
3. Phenotypes can be the same but not of the same location.

You truly don't know how black the Indians were and it shows.