A Controversial Discussion on Black History Month

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I want to address this as a conversation, debate and not as emotional response to attack people. If you don't want to talk about it, then don't come in here.

There is has been a war on black people for thousands of years but of a recent few hundred years, the power of that be created an information war to confuse, contrive and recreate people's viewpoint on how history has been deemed as such. Over the last few years there has been a big debate/discussion about Indigenous Tribes of the Americas were indeed black and were native to the land. Also the discussion goes forward with addressing the slave trade and how millions of Africans weren't enslaved onto boats and shipped to North America. Slave trade existed and I don't debate that, i however debate how it was done without the resources of documents.

I've been doing a lot of research and wanted to discuss some issues in this thread. I see a lot of people on this forum and others addressing how African they are but most don't have any lineage from Africa. There are Africans on this site and other forums who can trace their families but i tried over some time to trace my family back to Africa and I find nothing. I'm not talking about that white man created DNA test shyt some people are taking. The one thing that has gotten some feedback in my search is my Indigenous Blood from great grandparents and great greats. Now I heard from many other brothers and sistas have addressed having "Indian" blood in them from tribes all over the south.

How is this possible? Why with all the knowledge of self knowing about Africa, the history, languages, etc in 2019, the black man and woman of America aren't progressing into a powerhouse? How is there no talk in The Black Natives of America who have been there for thousands of years in "Black History"?

fb_img_1481373008360.jpg

fc359dc9bba6d8b9dfe59b4cdb05fd47--african-americans-native-americans.jpg

906ae039b6ae5b9717aad5fcb81717a6.jpg

Black-Related-Through-History.jpg

3360211bd56a25daab8cba64f3f4715a--lost-people-black-indians.jpg

2852516088_a4b951be5e.jpg

fb_img_1484630703154.jpg

0a4b8b55a1addec8ffc17658f947e810--choctaw-indian-american-indians.jpg

0ecb1bbc8d1f813404410b38d33aa059.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here we go with this shyt :comeon: I won't even bother. There's countless evidence of Africanisms that survived in our culture but almost no parallels to Native American culture, if any at all.

I already asked earlier in this thread if you don't want to talk about it, dont bother responding.

If you can debate it discuss it

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Basically there were Natives who were very melanated - who had children with Africans (our ancestors) brought over to be enslaved.

My 2rd Great Aunt claimed she/we were Iroquois but we have pictures of my 2nd Great Grandparents -- and they and their parents were enslaved by Native Americans in Alabama.

Alot of these "indian/Native American" traits are not that -- they are white rapist DNA traits.

Being enslaved by Natives tribes don't make you Native American.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I want to address this as a conversation, debate and not as emotional response to attack people. If you don't want to talk about it, then don't come in here.

fb_img_1481373008360.jpg

OP,

You are free to identify however you want and trace roots from whichever part of your lineage you wish.

I'm calling BS on the use of this picture you used to bolster your point, however.
The "Martinique" postmark is what gives it away . Slave ship dropped my ancestors off in what was a French colony at the time, and "Martinique" was also a French colony. I'm familiar with the history of that country and with the origin of that picture. It's of a mixed "East Indian" and African woman from the island....NOT a woman from any of the indigenous groups of that island.

From being on this site..I've become aware that in other islands in the Caribbean, person of mixed African/Indo blood would be called a Dougla. So, to paraphrase Chris Rock "that's not Pocahontas, that's Nicki Minaj"

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Basically there were Natives who were very melanated - who had children with Africans (our ancestors) brought over to be enslaved.

My 2rd Great Aunt claimed she/we were Iroquois but we have pictures of my 2nd Great Grandparents -- and they and their parents were enslaved by Native Americans in Alabama.

Alot of these "indian/Native American" traits are not that -- they are white rapist DNA traits.

Being enslaved by Natives tribes don't make you Native American.

I think your info is off by alot. 5 dollars Indians arent addressed here and arent real Natives. They are whites folks pretending. Black skin has always been here.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
I think your info is off by alot. 5 dollars Indians arent addressed here and arent real Natives. They are whites folks pretending. Black skin has always been here.

I totally agree.

But, Black skin -- aka melanated skin -- does not mean we are them and they are us.

Plenty of ethnicities have Black skin -- they are not our people though.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
OP,

You are free to identify however you want and trace roots from whichever part of your lineage you wish.

I'm calling BS on the use of this picture you used to bolster your point, however.
The "Martinique" postmark is what gives it away . Slave ship dropped my ancestors off in what was a French colony at the time, and "Martinique" was also a French colony. I'm familiar with the history of that country and with the origin of that picture. It's of a mixed "East Indian" and African woman from the island....NOT a woman from any of the indigenous groups of that island.

From being on this site..I've become aware that in other islands in the Caribbean, person of mixed African/Indo blood would be called a Dougla. So, to paraphrase Chris Rock "that's not Pocahontas, that's Nicki Minaj"

Problem isn't the postage...natives of america was enslaved in other regions of the earth.