A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Whoever we hire has to hire strong and experienced assistants. Some of em being ex coaches weve heard of.

Theres nothin wrong with a Mark Jackson hire, this outrage towards him by some people in here came once mainstream media started callin for him lol yall just enjoy being diferent

Hes not my first choice, that Would be fitz. But it can Work. He obviously didnt get along with or trust golden state management and that caused a lot of weird shyt to happen.I dont no why yall assume it was all his fault and not management but thats another conversation :mjpls:

Regardless, that doesnt take away from how well he devolped the warriors players and how highly the players viewed them. I rememeber he called steph and klay the best shooting back court of all time back when it wasnt socially acceptable to say that and everyone was Like :dwillhuh:
Na Mark Jackson sucks breh. He gon bring his preaching shyt over here and that’s not what we need. Plus the isn’t the owner of the warriors gay and Jackson has a problem with gays.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

Not with it?:jbhmm:I'm all in
dA3TBWf_zpsgxhnwmms.png

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Na Mark Jackson sucks breh. He gon bring his preaching shyt over here and that’s not what we need. Plus the isn’t the owner of the warriors gay and Jackson has a problem with gays.
He didnt get along with golden state management and he felt Like they were out to get him. You had assistant coaches secretly recordin him and shyt lol.
Theres more to the story than the slander they putting out there, he was paranoid for a reason. I dont no why so Many people just side with them without knowing the full story. We knick fans and we no how management can fukk with a guy and a paint a bullshyt Picture if they wish.

Regardless, just cause he didnt get along with them, doesnt mean he wont get along with Mills and perry. Fitz and stack are my first two choices, but i am damn sure taking Jackson over woodson or blatt

Last edited:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Exactly! Mark Jackson is a terrible candidate and if they hire him based on the assumption that the Knicks fans will give him more leeway, that's not a promising tact. They should be chasing the best option regardless, not a dude who casual fans fondly remember from highlight reels.

Warriors owner explains why he fired Mark Jackson

"Part of it was that he couldn't get along with anybody else in the organization," Lacob said. "And look, he did a great job, and I'll always compliment him in many respects, but you can't have 200 people in the organization not like you."
Look, I don't think we should get into the great details of what did happen, other than to say that this is a decision that was based on what was good for the organization as a whole. And when I say the organization as a whole I don't mean just the team and just the 15 players that are involved and the coaching staff. I mean everybody. There's 200 employees here. So when we look at the organization going forward and the kind of coach we want and... not just the performance but everything else, all these factors matter. We took all that account.

This is the dude to bring stability? Hell nah. He did well to improve that defense but the team got better because of the roster changes between his first and second season. The next big leap for that roster was when he got shown the door.

ikbm

Formerly ikillbabymamas
Daps
Reppin
Spread Love - The Player Way
He didnt get along with golden state management and he felt Like they were out to get him. You had assistant coaches secretly recordin him and shyt lol.
Theres more to the story than the slander they putting out there, he was paranoid for a reason. I dont no why so Many people just side with them without knowing the full story. We knick fans and we no how management can fukk with a guy and a paint a bullshyt Picture if they wish.

Regardless, just cause he didnt get along with them, doesnt mean he wont get along with Mills and perry. Fitz and stack are my first two choices, but i am damn sure taking Jackson over woodson or blatt
Why are you so anti blatt. please dont say because he's white.
"we desperately need a black coach" :scust:
we need the best candidate available....the nikka could be green for all I care.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are you so anti blatt. please dont say because he's white.
"we desperately need a black coach" :scust:
we need the best candidate available....the nikka could be green for all I care.
Lol
All the best candidates are black:yeshrug:

Blatt is only in the conversation because hes friends with Mills. Hes too similar to horn, we need a completely different Type of coach and energy right now.

Plus blatt is arrogrant and doesnt have the type of personality thats gonna connect the players or even the city.

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
I dont want Jackson or Blatt :hubie:

Coaching hires is as much abt being the right fit as it is coaching styles & X's&O's acumen

Blatt would be a lot better served with a roster like Orlando or Phoenix, teams in small markets with a lot of young players & little to no vets. He can be as arrogant as he wants with little to no push back or have to be under the bright light in NY

Jackson, would be better served with a team like Memphis, Milwaukee, or Washington if that job were to become available. His potential fukkery can go under the radar in these locales plus these teams have a mix of vets & young'uns which could be the right fit for Mark Jax. Besides I aint interested in seein that heavy iso, no ball movement style offense that Mark runs :scusthov: And for all this connection to the city talk in regards to Mark, I remember him much more as a Pacer than I do as a Knick anyway, so I dunno how thats a factor at all:ld:

I do hope Mark finds his way back into league, just not with us :whoa::hubie:

Stack, Fitz, and Messina are my preferred top candidates

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont want Jackson or Blatt :hubie:

Coaching hires is as much abt being the right fit as it is coaching styles & X's&O's acumen

Blatt would be a lot better served with a roster like Orlando or Phoenix, teams in small markets with a lot of young players & little to no vets. He can be as arrogant as he wants with little to no push back or have to be under the bright light in NY

Jackson, would be better served with a team like Memphis, Milwaukee, or Washington if that job were to become available. His potential fukkery can go under the radar in these locales plus these teams have a mix of vets & young'uns which could be the right fit for Mark Jax. Besides I aint interested in seein that heavy iso, no ball movement style offense that Mark runs :scusthov: And for all this connection to the city talk in regards to Mark, I remember him much more as a Pacer than I do as a Knick anyway, so I dunno how thats a factor at all:ld:

I do hope Mark finds his way back into league, just not with us :whoa::hubie:

Stack, Fitz, and Messina are my preferred top candidates
Agreed wholeheartedly, + rep.

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
Bamba scares me the most out of the players in the top 10

Even more than MPJ or Wendell Carter?

Interesting.

Bad backs usually dont get better, and for a player to be returning from a serious back injury thats gotta be at least a little concerning

I dont think Wendell Carter will be a bust but he seems a bit overrated, I still get the :dwillhuh: face every time I see a mock draft with him being in the top 10, I just dont see it

Daps
Reppin
NULL
One thing about iso basketball, it's not necessarily a bad thing, but a lot of teams nowadays try force a switch and a mismatch before iso-ing, either through picks or off ball action, and it works. Mark didn't do much of that, a lot of his offense was a simple entry pass to the post, then let the guy try and cook. Completely stagnant offense, easy to double onto. If he uses KP like that he would be COMPLETELY playing away from his strengths, KP works better from the elbows, and even when KP was iso-ing like mad earlier in the year, it was after a switch onto a smaller player usually. KP isn't good in the post, he's an okay iso player with bad shot selection, he's fantastic off of the ball though, which is what seperates him from other stars, and makes him so easy to build around. An old school iso-centric offense would make KP look terrible, and fans would shyt on him despite him being used the wrong way, all of which is why Mark would be a bad fit here.

Last edited:

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State

You know why breh. The cats on the Coli HATE anyone that is religious. Steph loved him in GS, but Mark is so terrible because he preaches, foh.