A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
You know why breh. The cats on the Coli HATE anyone that is religious. Steph loved him in GS, but Mark is so terrible because he preaches, foh.
Why you always so hostile breh?:picard:

Religion isn’t a problem, but there needs to be separation. You shouldn’t bring it into the workplace. Plus we don’t need Jackson telling everyone Lance Gotdamit Thomas is possessed.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Coaching hires is as much abt being the right fit as it is coaching styles & X's&O's acumen

Blatt would be a lot better served with a roster like Orlando or Phoenix, teams in small markets with a lot of young players & little to no vets. He can be as arrogant as he wants with little to no push back or have to be under the bright light in NY
Devin Booker, Josh Jackson, and Marquesse Chriss are hot heads, they not taking no shyt from Blatt. :francis:

Ettore Messina and Ime Udoka, those Spurs guys don't seem like they're leaving any time soon.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Bamba scares me the most out of the players in the top 10
Why? I want him or Mikal Bridges. Those are my guys.

Bamba and KP can transform us into a top defense, it's like Favors and Gobert in Utah just two guys with massive wingspans down low, it'll work better offensively because KP is a legit floor stretcher. Bamba with the 7'9 wingspan and KP with the 7'6 wingspan. Bamba just has to get stronger but he can be a great shotblocker, rebounder, rim runner, perfect big next to KP.

I think what separates Bamba from the players in his mold (Tyson, Capela, Gobert, Jordan) is that he shows some promise as a shooter he shot 28% from 3 on 1.7 attempts at Texas, he wasn't afraid to take them. He has a slow release but nice form. My dream for his development would be a taller, longer mix of OKC Serge Ibaka (G.O.A.T. level shot blocking, elite P&R screener and roller) with the skill of Toronto Serge Ibaka (three point shooting, post counters).

He looked like a young Mutombo :wow:

Mo from Harlem too :ufdup:, we passed up on Donovan Mitchell and Ron Artest no more passing on elite NY prospects :mjcry:

I doubt he's there for us :francis:

Last edited:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Religion isn’t a problem, but there needs to be separation. You shouldn’t bring it into the workplace. Plus we don’t need Jackson telling everyone Lance Gotdamit Thomas is possessed.
funny how yalll focus on the negative shyt so much and just brisk over the fact that he helped build one of the greatest teams of all time:mjlol:\
shows that yall have agendas.

our own jarrett jack (but all accounts, one of the most likeable and professional players in the nba) said all the players loved jackson and he was a big help

but no, lets hate on him cause a bunch of rich cacs said so:mjlol:

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State

I'm not hostile, I apologize if it comes across that way.

And aside from that quote from Reddit, of all places, are we even sure that isolated "demon possession" incident even happened. You have cats saying Mark doesn't deserve the job because of his religious beliefs which is bullshyt.

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
Devin Booker, Josh Jackson, and Marquesse Chriss are hot heads, they not taking no shyt from Blatt. :francis:

Ettore Messina and Ime Udoka, those Spurs guys don't seem like they're leaving any time soon.

Ok, so Blatt to Orlando it is then!

Hope springs eternal, let me dream breh :blessed:

(:mjcry:)

ZackMorris

I sit next to Spike
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn #TSC
I'm not hostile, I apologize if it comes across that way.

And aside from that quote from Reddit, of all places, are we even sure that isolated "demon possession" incident even happened. You have cats saying Mark doesn't deserve the job because of his religious beliefs which is bullshyt.

I dont know about the demon possession stuff :mjlol:

But the other stuff that he was involved in. Like lying to players against Fetus Ezeli, banning Jerry West from practices, demoting assistant coaches just for arguments. This is the last franchise that needs shyt like this.

I'll put it like this and I speak for myself. I don't mind Mark Jackson the coach. No one can deny what he did for Golden State turning them into a 50 win team. I don't just don't want Mark Jackson the personality and antics around this team. I think he deserves at least another shot at coaching. Maybe he toned all that shyt down and being on the sidelines on the while probably introduced him to switching up his style a little bit as far as offensively. As far as this franchise, that cant go a day without drama and a city of vultures that are ready to pounce on any sliver of drama around this team, warranted or not, this would go downhill fast.

Fiz and Stackhouse doesn't bring that baggage.

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
I have Mark Jackson over David Blatt and Mike Woodson, but below Jerry Stackhouse and David Fizdale.

Mark Jax & Woodson are on the same tier imo. If its a choice b/w these two I'd rather go with Woodson, since he had the most recent success here and doesnt have the same type of fukkery risk, deserved or not, as Jackson.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Even more than MPJ or Wendell Carter?

Interesting.

Bad backs usually dont get better, and for a player to be returning from a serious back injury thats gotta be at least a little concerning

I dont think Wendell Carter will be a bust but he seems a bit overrated, I still get the :dwillhuh: face every time I see a mock draft with him being in the top 10, I just dont see it

Yea, I’d rather gamble on MPJ’s back honestly. Wendell won’t be a superstar, but he won’t be a bust. He’s a real smart kid and would be a good center in the right situation. At Duke you couldn’t see his full potential cause Bagley was clogging the lane but surrounded by shooters with an open lane he’d be a lot better. Plus he’s pretty athletic and can hit free throws. All a plus. I don’t like him for us either tho, cause KP gotta play the 5.

I just feel like Bamba has the most bust potential. And i don’t like the twin towers thing in this NBA... 2 long armed players sounds good but which of them can move well enough to guard on the perimeter? We know it’s not KP.

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
Yea, I’d rather gamble on MPJ’s back honestly. Wendell won’t be a superstar, but he won’t be a bust. He’s a real smart kid and would be a good center in the right situation. At Duke you couldn’t see his full potential cause Bagley was clogging the lane but surrounded by shooters with an open lane he’d be a lot better. Plus he’s pretty athletic and can hit free throws. All a plus. I don’t like him for us either tho, cause KP gotta play the 5.

I just feel like Bamba has the most bust potential. And i don’t like the twin towers thing in this NBA... 2 long armed players sounds good but which of them can move well enough to guard on the perimeter? We know it’s not KP.

Fair enough :ehh:

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Why? I want him or Mikal Bridges. Those are my guys.

Bamba and KP can transform us into a top defense, it's like Favors and Gobert in Utah just two guys with massive wingspans down low, it'll work better offensively because KP is a legit floor stretcher. Bamba with the 7'9 wingspan and KP with the 7'6 wingspan. Bamba just has to get stronger but he can be a great shotblocker, rebounder, rim runner, perfect big next to KP.

I think what separates Bamba from the players in his mold (Tyson, Capela, Gobert, Jordan) is that he shows some promise as a shooter he shot 28% from 3 on 1.7 attempts at Texas, he wasn't afraid to take them. He has a slow release but nice form. My dream for his development would be a taller, longer mix of OKC Serge Ibaka (G.O.A.T. level shot blocking, elite P&R screener and roller) with the skill of Toronto Serge Ibaka (three point shooting, post counters).

He looked like a young Mutombo :wow:

Mo from Harlem too :ufdup:, we passed up on Donovan Mitchell and Ron Artest no more passing on elite NY prospects :mjcry:

I doubt he's there for us :francis:

I want Bamba on this team so bad. I currently have him as the 2nd pick after Ayton. He's already an elite shot blocker, P&R screen, and all around defense. If you're going to compete against the sixers for how many ever years, you need someone like Bamba who can guard Embiid.

His offense game isn't as polished as Ayton or Bagley (bust written all over him) but his offense will only getter, he isn't afraid to shoot the ball from anywhere on the court, shoots a good 70% from the free throw line.

I really hope the Knicks can figure out a way to move up a few spots to target Bamba. But if not, Mikal is the pick, not young, sexton or carter.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
:russ: @Mr. Jack Napier love coming in here even tho he ain’t a knicks fan anymore.

@Loose come get ya boy and take him back to the okc thread breh.:mjlol:

So since I'm not a fan, I can't talk about the team or basketball :what:

Like I said before, I've been in other team threads, discussing basketball with them as well. Miss me with the deflection.