A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:comeon:Make an actual case for your garbage opinion...Blatt has literally never coached a team to a losing record in his career.
Bruh, last thing we need after horn is some pushover white guy with little nba experience who the players arent gonna respect.
You saw what happened in clevland, the players didnt respect him.
Hes good with x's and os, but Communication wise, hes not a good fit for us.
Plus he was roomates with Mills, it just reeks of the typical msg polítical bullshyt, where they hire people based on relationships and not based on whos right for the job

Just hire fitz or Jackson, i can even live with stackhouse.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Considering the result of the NCAA tourney, I could see a lot of trash talk, competitiveness and bonding between Timmy, Burke and Villanov'a Bridges over the course of next year.

Let's hope this happens.

Frank/THJ/Mikal/KP/KOQ

Is a great balance of offense, defense and smart play. If teams go small ball, slide Mikal to the 4 and KP to the 5 (Burke or Dotson jumps on depending on if you need more offense or defense).

Mikal makes too much sense for us not to have some team ahead of us grab him...prolly Chicago. We need that coin toss.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Bruh, last thing we need after horn is some pushover white guy with little nba experience who the players arent gonna respect.
You saw what happened in clevland, the players didnt respect him.
Hes good with x's and os, but Communication wise, hes not a good fit for us.
Plus he was roomates with Mills, it just reeks of the typical msg polítical bullshyt, where they hire people based on relationships and not based on whos right for the job

Just hire fitz or Jackson, i can even live with stackhouse.

You worried about communication and politics but name drop Jackson :mjlol:

I've been over Jackson and Blatt too many times to bother explaining this ish again. Blatt is better than Jackson, more proven than Stackhouse and managed to last longer in Cleveland with Lebron wanting him out from day one (Ironically Lebron wanted Jackson because he knew he could walk all over dude) than Fizdale lasted in Memphis. Blatt also knows how to work with Euros which could help with Frank and KP's development. The entire case against Blatt boils down to "Lebron didn't get along with him" because his on court success for his entire career is untouchable and the players on every other team he's coached show love for his style. Meanwhile Jackson who literally turned the locker room against Harrison Barnes for motivation; made Curry get his ankles blessed during an injury and was popular for pitting the players against management is somehow a better alternative? Nah.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Like i said, 5 points 3 assists on 30 percent shooting from the field and 30 percent from 3 is not impressive for frank or any other player in the nba, i dont care how old you are.If you came into the season and said you wanted frank to average those stats , den congrads to you. But im not a hater for expecting a little more:hubie:

Knick fans like to overate every little thing knick players do. I used to be like that when i was younger, but im just callin it how it is. Frank first season was trash, some his fault, some not, but it is what it is.

Doesnt mean year 2 and 3 wont be good. We shall see. I dont understand why you think i want frank to fail, he plays for my team bruh:dwillhuh:lol

But we gotts keep it real about everyone

And for the record, i wasnt even a melo fan until he came to the knicks:yeshrug:

He's a presence on the court and his defensive impact can't be denied, despite his offensive struggles which has improved as the season went on. Early on he was tentative, he's being more aggressive now and the results are apparent. No matter what though he hasn't shown any signs of being the "bust" you've painted him to be all year. This has been pointed out to you and the other dude time and time again in this thread...don't try to hedge your proclamations with this year 2 and year 3 shyt now now cause you damn sure was calling him trash on multiple occasions. Follow your own advice and keep it real.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You worried about communication and politics but name drop Jackson :mjlol:

I've been over Jackson and Blatt too many times to bother explaining this ish again. Blatt is better than Jackson, more proven than Stackhouse and managed to last longer in Cleveland with Lebron wanting him out from day one (Ironically Lebron wanted Jackson because he knew he could walk all over dude) than Fizdale lasted in Memphis. Blatt also knows how to work with Euros which could help with Frank and KP's development. The entire case against Blatt boils down to "Lebron didn't get along with him" because his on court success for his entire career is untouchable and the players on every other team he's coached show love for his style. Meanwhile Jackson who literally turned the locker room against Harrison Barnes for motivation; made Curry get his ankles blessed during an injury and was popular for pitting the players against management is somehow a better alternative? Nah.
What poltics are involved with signing jackson?
All the players loved him, he played a huge part in the development of the players on golden state, and hes a players coach...what more do you want? Lol

And again, hes not my first choice, fitz is. Hes well respected and can coach his ass off. Cant believe you serious about blatt, that shyt will not Work breh:snoop:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's a presence on the court and his defensive impact can't be denied, despite his offensive struggles which has improved as the season went on. Early on he was tentative, he's being more aggressive now and the results are apparent. No matter what though he hasn't shown any signs of being the "bust" you've painted him to be all year. This has been pointed out to you and the other dude time and time again in this thread...don't try to hedge your proclamations with this year 2 and year 3 shyt now now cause you damn sure was calling him trash on multiple occasions. Follow your own advice and keep it real.
I never said he was a bust
You are straight Up just making stuff Up now cause you have ran out of thing to say lol
Stay trollin breh

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
All of this.

@seemorecizzy Breh, you are completely disregarding that this 19 year old, even in his timidness, is a beast on defense. His natural "neutral" state still equals elite defense.

What happens when that 19 year old is in his neutral state on offense? He's timid. We all know this. But, what have you seen when he's actually made the conscious effort to be aggressive? He's really shined.

Yesterday's game showed what to expect when the youngest player in the league STARTS to play with a chip on his shoulder knowing he's going to be judged by the greatest player in basketball who's already had a run-in w/ him as well as the NY media.

If he were a bum on offense, we'd see jerkiness, awkwardness and a blatant forcefulness that shows he's out of his element. What we actually saw was that smoothness and effortlessness translate very well in his aggressiveness.

:ohhh:
I'm actually starting to think Frank isn't even timid, I think he's strategic. Considering what I see him sneak in here and there, I feel like Frank is testing the waters on whether he actually has the green light to stunt.

As others have been saying, encourage him to go to these street exhibitions throughout the summer and to train w/ Timmy and Wade - We will see a coc00n.

KP is a Unicorn, Frank is a butterfly, and Timmy/Burke are Wolverines. As soon as we get Rambis "the weasal" out of NY, the Knicks will have that National Geographic shyt popping. :blessed:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
What poltics are involved with signing jackson?
All the players loved him, he played a huge part in the development of the players on golden state, and hes a players coach...what more do you want? Lol

And again, hes not my first choice, fitz is. Hes well respected and can coach his ass off. Cant believe you serious about blatt, that shyt will not Work breh:snoop:

I get it, from the outside looking in you can make a gang of assumptions but that begs the question why would they fire him? Let me help you out...

In Jackson’s last year 2013-14 we ranked 30th in the entire league for passes per game. Good coach defensively but horrible offensively. For example the man was calling multiple post ups for Jermaine O’Neal in G7 vs the Clippers. Not even going to get started with all the shady shyt he used to do as well. Kerr installed the offense we have today. Also made the decision to make Andre the 6th man and Draymond the full time starter (got his chance when David Lee got hurt but Kerr decided to keep him as the starter going forward).

He did a lot of shady shyt during his years with the Warriors. Some examples include: - telling Jerry West he couldn’t come around to practices. - Another one is while Ezeli was hurt he told the team a made up story about how Ezeli was rooting against his teammates. Jackson did that to “spark a fire under the team”. When the team confronted Ezeli, Festus ended up crying because it wasn’t true whatsoever. - Was a dikk to the owner’s son who is the assistant GM. - Also refused to hire the best assistant coaches possible because he felt like he had the best staff already.
- Distancing the players from the front office telling them you can’t trust them.

Also told Jim Barnett (Warriors announcer/legend) he couldn't come to practices. Joked to media about Bogut's injuries and their legitimacy. It was like he was just there to make friends. And if you weren't his friend, he used his coaching powers to make that known. Very weird when you look back at it all.

Oh but Fitz is your guy not Jackson? Well respected and can coach? Blatt too. Must be that he's good with players then...oh wait,
Grizzlies' David Fizdale firing reinforces how NBA is star-driven league

While the Monday decision came as a major surprise even to those who monitor such situations closely, it probably shouldn’t have because, well, the dynamic between the coach and one of the team’s prized players was far from healthy. That’s all it takes these days to put a coach in the crosshairs. The fact that the Grizzlies compounded matters by losing eight consecutive games leading up to the decision certainly didn’t help (and neither did a 7-14 finish to the 2016-17 regular season that preceded their first-round playoff exit and wasn’t forgotten by team officials).

There had been distance and discord between Fizdale and Marc Gasol for quite some time, and it was there for all to see on Sunday when Fizdale made the risky choice of benching the three-time All-Star and former Defensive Player of the Year in the third quarter of a loss against Brooklyn. Gasol was outspoken about the situation afterward, even thwarting multiple attempts from the team’s media relations staff to end a postgame interview in which he shared his frustration so that he could be heard. This was no outlier. Fizdale had shown from the start of his Memphis tenure in the summer of 2016 that he would take a tough love approach with every player on the Grizzlies’ roster.

Tough love approach...that sounds like Blatt too. What am I missing?

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All of this.

@seemorecizzy Breh, you are completely disregarding that this 19 year old, even in his timidness, is a beast on defense. His natural "neutral" state still equals elite defense.

What happens when that 19 year old is in his neutral state on offense? He's timid. We all know this. But, what have you seen when he's actually made the conscious effort to be aggressive? He's really shined.

Yesterday's game showed what to expect when the youngest player in the league STARTS to play with a chip on his shoulder knowing he's going to be judged by the greatest player in basketball who's already had a run-in w/ him as well as the NY media.

If he were a bum on offense, we'd see jerkiness, awkwardness and a blatant forcefulness that shows he's out of his element. What we actually saw was that smoothness and effortlessness translate very well in his aggressiveness.

:ohhh:
I'm actually starting to think Frank isn't even timid, I think he's strategic. Considering what I see him sneak in here and there, I feel like Frank is testing the waters on whether he actually has the green light to stunt.

As others have been saying, encourage him to go to these street exhibitions throughout the summer and to train w/ Timmy and Wade - We will see a coc00n.

KP is a Unicorn, Frank is a butterfly, and Timmy/Burke are Wolverines. As soon as we get Rambis "the weasal" out of NY, the Knicks will have that National Geographic shyt popping. :blessed:
breh, you are going too deep with it lol
his first season OVERALL was not good, it just wasn't
doesn't mean he won't be better in the future

if i'm underrating, than you guys are overrating. this was nothing elite about frank this season, his pick and role defense was solid, being a elite defender means you have all the tools. hes not there

he can possibly get there, i look forward to how he progreses next season. some ppl in this thread already have his career planned out and have him winning defensive player of the year lmao

sorry im not jumping the gun like that, lets see how it plays out.,

i wish management had as much faith in him as some of yall do, perry and mills signing point guards left and right despite having frank and may draft one in a few months:yeshrug:

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
Frank/THJ/Mikal/KP/KOQ

Is a great balance of offense, defense and smart play. If teams go small ball, slide Mikal to the 4 and KP to the 5 (Burke or Dotson jumps on depending on if you need more offense or defense).

Mikal makes too much sense for us not to have some team ahead of us grab him...prolly Chicago. We need that coin toss.

In an era of pace & space, up-tempo high scoring offenses, going a slightly different direction with a defense-first/defensive minded unit that can still run & gun is so tantalizing :ahh::ohlawd:

Styles make fights. Would be nice to establish that type of culture; it also shows a clear direction from the FO which up to this point has left most of us lookin at em like :patrice: @ best.

I really hope Mikal is still available when our #(whatever it ends up being) is called :sadcam:

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get it, from the outside looking in you can make a gang of assumptions but that begs the question why would they fire him? Let me help you out...

Oh but Fitz is your guy not Jackson? Well respected and can coach? Blatt too. Must be that he's good with players then...oh wait,
Grizzlies' David Fizdale firing reinforces how NBA is star-driven league

Tough love approach...that sounds like Blatt too. What am I missing?

i can play your game:mjgrin:

During the first portion of the 2014-

15 season, film sessions were a topic of discussion among the players. Blatt was reluctant to criticize star players even when they clearly messed up a play. This became routine. It got so bad that I'm told that Lue finally intervened, stood up and demanded that somebody rewind the footage so that he could get on members of The Big 3.

During team scrimmages, players competed aggressively but bit their tongues as Blatt frequently blew his whistle to call ticky-tack or phantom fouls for his go-to players. One player said sometimes Blatt didn't even have a whistle and would yell at the top of his lungs to stop play and call a foul if one of his stars acted as if he was hit.

Word circulated to cleveland.com that Blatt had trouble drawing up plays out of timeouts. He would freeze up and waste precious seconds, one player said. He would even draw up plays for players who weren't in the game, another player said.

Lue's connection with the players is rock solid, with a reputation for understanding how to manage personalities. He has played with two of the league's biggest personalities -- Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant -- and he's been coached by some of the greats.

Blatt didn't have the necessary relationship with his guys to get players to buy in. Lue is expected to hold players accountable. He's not afraid to give James a piece of his mind. Players from 1 down to 15 will be held responsible.

Blatt is timid and is a yes man. hes not used to the culture of the nba, and isn't trying to ruffle any feathers. knicks fans would eat him alive:picard:

Jackson and fits aint perfect, but they hold players accountable, and they stand up for themselves even if it means getting fired

horn was a yes man, why would u want another.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
breh, you are going too deep with it lol
his first season OVERALL was not good, it just wasn't
doesn't mean he won't be better in the future

if i'm underrating, than you guys are overrating. this was nothing elite about frank this season, his pick and role defense was solid, being a elite defender means you have all the tools. hes not there

he can possibly get there, i look forward to how he progreses next season. some ppl in this thread already have his career planned out and have him winning defensive player of the year lmao

sorry im not jumping the gun like that, lets see how it plays out.,

i wish management had as much faith in him as some of yall do, perry and mills signing point guards left and right despite having frank and may draft one in a few months:yeshrug:
For a player designated as a project as soon as we picked him, you're saying his first overall season was not good?

Breh, everything is relative. Look at the forest, not the trees.

If Bron averaged 20 ppg this year, taking into consideration who he is and what's expected of him, that would be a bad year.

If Tim Hardaway averaged 15 ppg and not much other 2 way contributions, that would be strong evidence that his contract was bad.

If Dennis Smith Jr averages 15 ppg and not much other 2 way player, that is evidence that he's the player he was expected to be as a first year offensive contributor.

If Frank Ntlikina is averaging 5 ppg, and showing the tools of a 2 way player, considering he's a young project, that's a positive that he's not being lost in the shuffle of the NBA game.

You saying he's a had a terrible year or terrible stat line is like commenting on the next Chicago Bulls loss by saying "bulls fans must be upset with another loss" forgetting that they are probably happy for losses right now.

Stats do not tell the full story considering the expectations are different for everyone.

DSJ & Monk were not projects. Frank is.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For a player designated as a project as soon as we picked him, you're saying his first overall season was not good?

Breh, everything is relative. Look at the forest, not the trees.

If Bron averaged 20 ppg this year, taking into consideration who he is and what's expected of him, that would be a bad year.

If Tim Hardaway averaged 15 ppg and not much other 2 way contributions, that would be strong evidence that his contract was bad.

If Dennis Smith Jr averages 15 ppg and not much other 2 way player, that is evidence that he's the player he was expected to be as a first year offensive contributor.

If Frank Ntlikina is averaging 5 ppg, and showing the tools of a 2 way player, considering he's a young project, that's a positive that he's not being lost in the shuffle of the NBA game.

You saying he's a had a terrible year or terrible stat line is like commenting on the next Chicago Bulls loss by saying "bulls fans must be upset with another loss" forgetting that they are probably happy for losses right now.

Stats do not tell the full story considering the expectations are different for everyone.

DSJ & Monk were not projects. Frank is.
KP was a project too:sas2:

nah im just playing.

i wasn't expecting frank to avg numbers like dennis smith. but i was expecting better den what he showed

this narrative that i hate frank is bullshyt, i got love for him.