A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
There's no reason to go for anything next season. KP is supposed to come back after Christmas but I would just shut him down for the whole season. Let O'Quinn go, get rid of Lee and do a proper tank job. I would go into next season with a Kanter, Noah and Kornet front court, I don't give a fukk. Let the youth and bums play.

So the following season you would have KP, Frank, 2018 pick, 2019 top 3 pick, Kanter's $18 mill off the books and Noah with only one year left.

What does signing Randle or any other top free agent accomplish?

Kitsch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
London
LeBron James on Knicks rookie Frank Ntilikina: "I think he knows how to play the game. That's the best thing, first of all. Very cerebral basketball player. I think, defensively, he's more advanced than offensively. But I think offensively, he's gotten better as he's gotten more opportunity and played more games.... I think every game, more and more, he gets the opportunity to play, more and more, he gets comfortable with the NBA game, his offensive game is getting better. Defensively he's been good since he probably stepped on a basketball floor defensively so, it's good for him." James said he's known about Ntilikina for a few years because his close friend, Romeo Travis, played with Ntilikina in France. Ntilikina and James got into a little shoving match the last time the Cavs were in New York. James caused a bit of a stir when he said the Knicks made a mistake by not drafting Dennis Smith Jr.

i
Ian Begley, ESPN Staff Writer
LeBron James on Knicks rookie Frank Ntilikina: "I think he knows how to play the game. That's the best thing, first of all. Very cerebral basketball player. I think, defensively, he's more advanced than offensively. But I think offensively, he's gotten better as he's gotten more opportunity and played more games.... I think every game, more and more, he gets the opportunity to play, more and more, he gets comfortable with the NBA game, his offensive game is getting better. Defensively he's been good since he probably stepped on a basketball floor defensively so, it's good for him." James said he's known about Ntilikina for a few years because his close friend, Romeo Travis, played with Ntilikina in France. Ntilikina and James got into a little shoving match the last time the Cavs were in New York. James caused a bit of a stir when he said the Knicks made a mistake by not drafting Dennis Smith Jr.

Didn't realise Frank played with Travis, small world. :ohhh:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
He’s not gonna make it to us... :mjcry:
I know, it feels too good to be true.

He sounds like he's the perfect ingredient to truly transform our defense woes.

I'm looking at the potential for defense so good at the perimeter that we can sign Oquin and be assured his foul accumulation drops because of less guys getting to the rim.

Timmy would be about to benefit from Frank and Mikal covering up his defense issues as well.

Both players, Frank and Mikal, are great with switching and our pick and roll defense will be suffocating.

We'd be about to hinder inbounds after the time out like the 90s
:blessed:

And with the 8th pick, the new York Knicks select...

trae young:to::stopitslime:

Last edited:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City

He send like he's the perfect ingredient to truly transform our defense woes.

I'm looking at the potential for defense so food at the perimeter that we can sign Oquin and be assured his foul accumulation did because of lies guys getting to the rim.

Timmy would be about to benefit from Frank and Mikal covering up his defense issues as well.

Both players, Frank and Mikal, are great with switching and our pick and roll defense will be suffocating.

trae young:to::stopitslime:

:francis: These things are known Breh's......

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti

He send like he's the perfect ingredient to truly transform our defense woes.

I'm looking at the potential for defense so food at the perimeter that we can sign Oquin and be assured his foul accumulation did because of lies guys getting to the rim.

trae young
:to::stopitslime:

giphy.gif

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
Not necessarily... a good system and ball movement can be just as deadly a “second option” for KP.
I’d still want that 2nd option for safety reasons, with every good system I’m thinking of there’s definitely a 1 and 2 option. Though a good system definitely helps if shots ain’t falling but let’s be real breh, this the Knicks. Good system and this team don’t go together:francis:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
There's no reason to go for anything next season. KP is supposed to come back after Christmas but I would just shut him down for the whole season. Let O'Quinn go, get rid of Lee and do a proper tank job. I would go into next season with a Kanter, Noah and Kornet front court, I don't give a fukk. Let the youth and bums play.

So the following season you would have KP, Frank, 2018 pick, 2019 top 3 pick, Kanter's $18 mill off the books and Noah with only one year left.

This is truly the way to go.

The Knicks need a process. fukking around and signing top free agents is only going to get you so far. We need to rebuild through the draft and hope to find some gems in the later rounds. The Tim Hardaway Jr signing is one we are going to have to live with, but it is what it is at this point. We are stuck with bad contracts and there is absolutely no reason to add Julius Randle to this squad because he is not THAT guy.

Klay Thompson was a popular name thrown around for a while, but we should pass on everyone at this point unless its a franchise changer. We have no shot at any of those under 25 coming here unless we can get lucky and draft them.

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
I’d still want that 2nd option for safety reasons, with every good system I’m thinking of there’s definitely a 1 and 2 option. Though a good system definitely helps if shots ain’t falling but let’s be real breh, this the Knicks. Good system and this team don’t go together:francis:

Just look at the Spurs, imagine if they only had Kawhi and no LMA.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

Granted they’re not title contenders, but there isn’t really a second option on the spurs this season

Daps
Reppin
NULL

I wouldnt sign Randle to a max, but this year theres a bunch of young players who can be had for cheap, who will actually want to come to NY because they're looking for an opportunity to prove themselves as much as theyre looking to win.So in other words, this may be the best chance the Knicks will have at obtaining cost effective players in free agency. The Knicks wanna go all in on 2019's free agency, but if the Knicks suck next year then signing a star becomes a pipe dream. Plus, KP is due for an extension, so if that cap space isnt used before KP resigns( you can go over the cap to resign KP after signing a free agent), you've basically wasted you capspace. A good rebuild doesnt have to follow Phillys plan to a T. Even if the Knicks tank, if KP comes back early enough theres still time for him knock off the rust and lead the Knicks to a mid lottery pick again, so nothing is certain about going into next season to tank again.

Dont let the pursuit of losing cause you to pass over good players who can be stars, as long as the contract is cost effective.Also,considering how tapped out some teams are finacially, the Knicks can easily sign someone, and NOT worry about other teams driving up the price for once. Teams are reeling from the past two free agencies, and all of the aformentioned things make this upcoming offseason unique in several ways, the Knicks would be wise to take advantage imo.

Last edited: