A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
And he is a decent shot blocker. Quinn of Queens :wow:
He’s better than decent. He’s an excellent shot blocker and he’s a very good passer too.

Honestly, he’s a perfect guy next to KP the only thing that hurts him is his foul rate. His per 36’s are 14/12/4 on 58% with 2.6 blocks. He’s mobile, he can hit 15 foot jumpers, he’s efficient af inside, he’s rugged, rebounds, defends, great locker room guy.

I wouldn’t mind bringing him back.

fukkin Kanter :snoop:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
He’s better than decent. He’s an excellent shot blocker and he’s a very good passer too.

Honestly, he’s a perfect guy next to KP the only thing that hurts him is his foul rate. His per 36’s are 14/12/4 on 58% with 2.6 blocks. He’s mobile, he can hit 15 foot jumpers, he’s efficient af inside, he’s rugged, rebounds, defends, great locker room guy.

I've been riding with Quinn since he got here the only flaw that's not something he can help is his height. I'd like to see them play together more and Kanter needs to:camby:along with Noah and Lee. Lance Gotdammnit Thomas needs ti kick rocks too:camby:Quinn earned his money though he's probably out of here:to:

Daps
Reppin
NULL

He cost us Willy man:mjcry: Breh can't even stay on the floor in the fourth because defense will just abuse him in the pick and roll and on switches, he can't protect the rim, doesn't space the floor, doesn't pass or hit cutters like O'Quinn. If he doesn't opt out then that Melo trade is a loss for the Knicks.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
He cost us Willy man:mjcry: Breh can't even stay on the floor in the fourth because defense will just abuse him in the pick and roll and on switches, he can't protect the rim, doesn't space the floor, doesn't pass or hit cutters like O'Quinn. If he doesn't opt out then that Melo trade is a loss for the Knicks.
He’s not opting out $18M+dope halal spots :mjcry:

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
Hell, Kanter can’t even stay healthy. he always hurt:francis:

We had to let Willy go on some
Free-Willy-free-willy-36918223-500-322.jpg

Last edited:

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
I've been riding with Quinn since he got here the only flaw that's not something he can help is his height. I'd like to see them play together more and Kanter needs to:camby:along with Noah and Lee. Lance Gotdammnit Thomas needs ti kick rocks too:camby:Quinn earned his money though he's probably out of here:to:

I hope KOQ and Beasley get paid this offseason & go to contenders. I'll miss KOQ, and would prefer to keep him, but I'm pretty sure he wants to go to a team that's at minimum contending for the playoffs next season and that sure as hell aint us :francis:

Also hope Lee ends up on a contender next season, he's been professional during his stint here. Best wishes to all three of them

Thomas :camby:

Kanter :camby::camby:

Ain't nobody taking that albatross contract of Noah's off our hands. Would rather the Knicks take their medicine and ride out that contract to the bitter end than stretch provision him and still have some of his money on the books past 2020 :shaq2::aicmon:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City

A lot depends on Kanter and if the knicks want to make a FA splash this year and in 2019.

ShamSports | Capulator <--- becareful this shyt freezes browsers if you try to add another teams FA.

If Kanter opts out the knicks could sign KOQ with the non-taxpayer MLE of 8.1 mil, Waive Lance, and still have 17 mil to go after a near Max FA like Randle or a Parker. They could have 18 mil this year if they waive Ron though for math purposes it makes A LOT more more sense to waive him in 2019 or hope that he opts out. Also they would have to renounce all their 1 year contracts. The Taxpayer MLE is only 6 mil, though so KOQ is gone, unless they waive Kanter and as I'll explain later they will need that money in 2019 so they will likely not waive Kanter to keep KOQ.

Then after waiving Noah, and Lee (who I hope they trade to a playoff team for a pick or something) They would have about 25 mil, if they wait until 2019 to waive Ron (or he doesn't accept his player option) they would have around 27 mil to go after lets say a max FA like Kawhi or Butler. They would need to renounce all there 1 years players this year as well but there are always more 1 year player

So basically we could keep KOQ, go after a Max FA RFA like Randle or Parker this year , and still have money to go after a 2019 Max, before going into the tax if Kanter opts out. If he opts in then one of either KOQ, a Max RFA, or the Max FA in 2019 will have to go.
:lupe:

We could make some aggressive moves to get better. We just got to get rid of almost all of Phil's players and hope that Kanter opts out.

The good news is Kanter is at least thinking of Opting out, and this years FA class isn't nearly as good as next year so he may go for it because he will be one of the best bigs on the market.

Last edited:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
He’s not opting out $18M+dope halal spots :mjcry:

idk you could make an argument he would be the 2nd best FA big on the market behind DeAndre (maybe third if Boogie opts out) and he would be a lot cheaper than both of them. at 15 mil for 3 years maybe even 12 for 3. All would be more or less what I expect Kanter to get next year regardless, and he wouldn't have the risk of health or falling off to worry about.

Plus next year, there are a ton of bigs on the market and its a year after a Big Man heavy draft and the knicks are not going to be good without KP and he'll be exposed more defensively if he stays.