A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn

Damn, brehs. Has anyone seen any articles or studies on whether this season had the highest rate of on court player injuries? It really feels like it and it's ironic since the season schedule was designed in a way to maximize player rest.

Bizarre shyt.

The silver lining is it opens up more minutes for other guys. It's been a pleasure watching Troy's contribution.

---------------------------------------
On the Future of Trey Burke's Performance

Every game, I'm nervous about seeing Trey Burke come down to Earth. I really, really, REALLY want to see a general consensus on Trey I's talent; I don't know what it would look like but what would we need to see to be able to say confidently that this is who he is for the foreseeable future?

If he finishes the remaining games w/ sustained fg% & efficient assist to turnover ratio w/ a high usage rate w/ Kanter & Beasley on the floor - I'll be comfortable thinking he's good.

The reason why, as I think @storyteller insinuated a couple days ago, what we are seeing from Burke may not translate efficiently in a system w/ KP on the floor absorbing most of the offensive focus. It's cool that Burke can be Iverson when he's given the green light for 32 minutes...shyt, fukk a green light, Horn essentially has the breh playing on the autobahn.

I want to know what Burke will be like in a starting role w/ KP & an offensive SF; it's a whole different game when you're forced to limit yourself to 3rd & 4th fiddle in a starting role.

I'm going to try my layman's hand at playing w/ the basketball reference and NBA.com advanced stats to see if I can isolate Burke's performance when he's on the floor w/ 2 big offensive and demanding weapons.

I hope I come back pleased. :wow::lupe:

****Update****

The brehs at @KnicksFilmSchool answered my question:

That 35% w/ both Beas & Timmy on the court scares me a bit. They do say it's a small sample, though and overall, throughout his entire season, the team is most definitely better w/ him on the court.

Weirdly, it's liberating to have my optimism brought down to Earth; atleast I'll be unsurprised when that 50% midrange shot fades.

I'm still very happy w/ his potential future as a Knick.

:salute:

Last edited:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Why is Kornet on this team? He was garbage in the summer league and he's garbage now. He's living off of the fact that he looks like he can shoot, what a waste of space.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breen just spoke some truth about Frank, I can't remember word for what he said, but it was something like " like most rookies, you see flashes from Frank, but when you see them from Frank they're something great; the court awareness, it's just......there's a quality he has that makes me think he'll be a superb player in this league"

Clyde"I agree Mike:ehh:"

:wow: