A Blown Knee & Flat Tires-Another NY Pothole Year: 17-18 Knicks Season Thread

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you guys think it would be a good idea for the Knicks to stand pat this year, and try and maintain/clear cap space for two max players in 2019( Like how the Lakers are doing this year)? The Knicks plan on making a splash in 2019, but since they're gonna suck next year, it'll be really hard to convince a star player to come here if the Knicks can't bring in another star player alongside of them imo. It can end up in an even more spectacular fail if the Knicks can't sign anybody though.

Last edited:

ProlificLurker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC/Ayiti
need to lose out here, can't believe bum ass Wizards lost to us.

I'd like to keep Burke and Beasley on a team friendly deals, 2yrs / for 7-8 million. Solid Bench players

Meh, they did us a solid by losing today vs the Bulls tho so :yeshrug:

Burke already signed for the remainder of this season and next, so we good on that front.

Beasley....I'd be a lot more comfortable bringing him back if we were able to trim some fat off the roster/salary cap first. Lance Thomas and Ron Baker (:hhh:) immediately come to mind in terms of fat trimming off the salary sap.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Do you guys think it would be a good idea for the Knicks to stand pat this year, and try and maintain/clear cap space for two max players in 2019( Like how the Lakers are doing this year)? The Knicks plan on making a splash in 2019, but since they're gonna suck next year, it'll be really hard to convince a star player to come here if the Knicks can't bring in another star player alongside of them imo. It can end up in an even more spectacular fail if the Knicks can't sign anybody though.
Of course.

No signings of solid contender team players.

I love the BurkeB Beasley and Troy Williams signings.

More of that

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City

I don't think we have the roster talent/team identity to attract two max FAs unless we hit on a star in this years draft. Like the Lakers are trying to do it and have way more contributing youth than the knicks cause they've been trading for picks, a better coach, and Magic doing PR and behind the scene politics on their behalf like a motherfukker.
We sure didn't have none of that in 2010 when we came up with that plan and we likely wont have that in 2019 either:francis:

Also the 3 top 2019 FA are on playoff teams already (unless things change drastically)

Kyrie = Boston
Kwahi = Spurs
Butler = Wolves

So they got to leave those to play with recently returned from major injury KP, Timmy, Frank, and our 2018 & 2019 Rooks and each other?

Also honestly based off of position and need, its Kyrie and one of the other two? Cause does Butler even work alongside Kwahi? Now the Kwahi rumors are rumbling about him leaving, but you don't leave the Spurs for the Knicks unless the Knicks look way more together than the roster I mentioned above. Why would Kyrie leave Boston? They are damn near close to having a shot at AD the way Ainge be robbing teams.

Or the knicks could get all that cap space and then be forced to overpay a lower level player (s) (Aka Stat 2.0) in Draymond or Middleton?

:hhh:

Also most of the 2019 is a older FA. Most of that FA is in their late 20's early 30's........ Marc Gasol, Lowry, Milsap, Dragic are all going to be 33 - 34. Dudes might have enough in the tank to help a team get into the playoffs, but two max contracts worth of money?
:patrice:

Like shyt talk aside the Knicks did not do too bad last summer going after a RFA in Timmy. Regardless of how he is playing now I think he is talented enough to be a contributor to a playoff team and on KP's timeline. I expect them to get enough money this FA (Kanter Opt out or/and Waiving people) to try to squeeze a team like they did the Hawks for Timmy last year. The best chance the Knicks have to get a legit Max FA in 2019 is to have a young team with KP that looks like they just need one more piece to be legit.

Like the best scenario is a new coach, a team that is competitive even if they lose a lot, and then KP coming back and them making a legit run for however long he is there. Like I am usually team tank, but if the knicks make a low seed, late draft pick that is ok (especially with the lottery changes), cause they need that to show a FA that they should come to NY.

Last edited:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Fukk your pretend, make believe "stature"

Called it and was right, deal with it. Poorzingis trash, Knicks will stay trash if they plan on building around him.

Neg away :salute: "another ghost"

Edit: Again, Phil was right.
Napier... This type of alias is tacky, my brother.:mjgrin::lolbron: