A $700 playstation with no disc drive. :wow:

blackestofpanthers

God forgives, you are forgiven.
Daps
Reppin
Bay area
this makes no sense.. Playstation is the #1 console currently because its the budget broke boy system :dahell:

thats why its so much outrage, because Sony caters to broke bytches like you :mindblown: and now they have a more expensive option that their stanbase was not expecting and its priced them out :mindblown:

also never use cream of the crop when describing a peasant ass garbage specced console like playstation 5 pro ever again :laff:

"cream of the crop" :laff: bytch that garbage ass playstation 5 pro might not even play gta 6 on 60 fps :laff: its garbage, a peasant station for peasants like you :laff:

Sony stans are special type of retard :mindblown:
Bringing that aggressive Bay Area energy to these Sony stans :wow:
Keep your foot on their necks :salute:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its better :youngsabo:
:mjlol:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
How do you feel about sony going all digital for premium prices?? :usure:
Of course you know I don't like it.
I said so in the sony event thread this morning.
Now you.....you're a funny guy; championing digital and clowning physical but now using this as an anti Sony talking point.
I'll literally take this thread from virtually anyone else but you.
That said, Sony gone Sony.
I ain't the blind Sony stan ya'll wish I was for your jokes.
After the success of the PS2 Sony got arrogant and came out with the absurdly over priced PS3, which they then removed key features from in their hardware revision.
Now, after the success of the PS4, Sony got arrogant and is coming out with an absurdly over price PS5, which has them removing key features from the hardware.
I'll say this for the dummies that aren't listening in the back.
Look at what an unchallenged Sony does to their customers.
Tell me with a straight face if you really think playstation gamers will be better off without xbox in the race.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
This is a valid complaint. I completely agree with this.

They should have led with new games.
Hoping the rumored state of play for this month rectifies that.

Considering they placed pre orders at the end of this month, it would make sense to have a state of play before that to show new games on the console.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Hoping the rumored state of play for this month rectifies that.

Considering they placed pre orders at the end of this month, it would make sense to have a state of play before that to show new games on the console.
Even then, they kind of need those games to come out with the quickness as 2025 isn’t really enough to entice people

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
People here complaining about physical/no disk drive, but have no smoke for the company that wants everything only available through a subscription service.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Also, I haven't seen any clear information on this but I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere that the current disc drive that's available will specifically be compatible with the PS5 Pro...not saying it's going to happen, but at this point it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Sony announces a new disc drive specifically for the PS5 pro at a higher price than the current one just for the hell of it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Astro is GOTY though :youngsabo:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Also, I haven't seen any clear information on this but I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere that the current disc drive that's available will specifically be compatible with the PS5 Pro...not saying it's going to happen, but at this point it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Sony announces a new disc drive specifically for the PS5 pro at a higher price than the current one just for the hell of it.

It is

20240910_193222.jpg

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Bruh that would be suicide 💀

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Has the page been updated?
This morning when I looked at it together with a friend all I saw was this:
"Players can add an Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc Drive, or swap out console covers when they become available."

Now I see it says:
"PS5 Pro fits perfectly within the PS5 family of products and is compatible with the PS5 accessories currently available, including PlayStation VR2, PlayStation Portal, DualSense Edge, Access controller, Pulse Elite and Pulse Explore. The user interface and network services will also remain the same as PS5.

The PS5 Pro console will be available this holiday at a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $699.99 USD, £699.99 GBP, €799.99 EUR, and ¥119,980 JPY (includes tax). It will include a 2TB SSD, a DualSense wireless controller and a copy of Astro’s Playroom pre-installed in every PS5 Pro purchase. PS5 Pro is available as a disc-less console, with the option to purchase the currently available Disc Drive for PS5 separately."

So yes, the current drive is compatible so I'll walk back my critique on that point.