A 3,300-year-old hairstyle on a preserved ancient Egyptian head

Gunz&Butta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
You have disproved EVERYTHING Egyptologists, archaeologists, historians, and science has stated about the subject with that one statement.

Not.​
I don't think there's a sane Egyptologist in the world who holds the opinion you expressed. How can every expression of a society be symbolic? That's absurd.
They had paintings of cows, lions and crocodiles on their walls and pottery. But these animals never really existed in Africa. They were all just symbolic and imaginary, right?

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
I don’t know why you’re replying to that poster he’s been exposed by the likes of @Asante on here numerous of times.
That's a lie, sir.

I don't bother arguing with illogical ideologues that argue with emotions and believe nonsense like the pyramids being 10,000 years old.​

Last edited:

Gunz&Butta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
546b4adab02fc7037ac780a18941e2c4.jpg

the pic in question. So others can view

egyptians in the front, north africans, nilotic nubians and assyrians
Egyptians had paintings of themselves during battles with other civilizations. But the gullible here would like us to believe their different skin tones represented "fertility".
3000 years from now, someone is going to look at a painting of a South Carolina plantation and argue that slave masters and slaves didn't actually have different skin tones; that the different skin tones was just to symbolize the difference between plantation owner and field slaves. Ridiculous gymnastics that these people engage in.

Gunz&Butta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
LeftEntranceImageFrontView.jpg

being depicted this color is symbolism for ancient egyptians. I get that

Mannikin.jpg

but shyt like this. Which was a mannequin and supposed to represent the kings skin tone, was not
Yeah, even the gold crown doesn't actually depict gold. It was just symbolic. Trolling lol.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
Egyptians had paintings of themselves during battles with other civilizations. But the gullible here would like us to believe their different skin tones represented "fertility".

Strawman yet again. Those depictions are of the 4 'races' Egyptians acknowledged according to their ideologies. The colors Egyptians used had symbolic meanings as was also explained in a post with accompanying documentation/evidence, but disregarding actual scholarship is par for the course in these discussions.​

Gunz&Butta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
No one made that argument.....except you.

Troll better.​
Well, that's your logic. Yes, painting myself brown could be symbolic of something. BUT it could also mean that my skin is actually brown. Apparently, both things can't be true to you Egyptologists.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
Question: How many Egyptologists does it take to screw on a light bulb?

Answer: None. Light bulbs don't actually exist. They are just meant to symbolize the Sun god Ra.
Q: How many Afrocentrist does it take to lie about Ancient Egypt and have Black Americans believe/perpetuate that lie?

A: One.

:umad:

Daps

2. Are Berbers/Arabs 'Black'?​

Not to derail the thread or argue

but there are plenty of Black Arabs and Black Berbers

if you are saying Ancient Egyptians were not "black" as in (mostly)West African or Sub-Saharan except for some admixture/overlap between certain ethnic tribes, then i understand

but i think "black" is more of a ubiquitous term to describe a global blackness - because Nubians are "black", will be considered black by North American racial standards, but are ethnically different than their counterparts West of the continent, etc ... unless we are saying Ethiopians, Eritreans, Sudanese etc are all not black

i dont think most folks who say Ancient Egyptians were black are saying they all looked like your average Nigerian/Ghanian breh, but more so that they are not these euro-depictions we see in the mainstream, which i feel is pretty self evident based on how they depicted themselves

Meroe/Kush was definitely a "black" kingdom

my 2 cents

edit: for example - in Nuba (south of egypt, north of sudan) right now, theres plenty of brown to dark skin Nubian folks who still live there, can trace their lineage for generations ... I think most people would consider them "black" globally, but ethnically they are not FBA or West African - so i wonder if the disconnect here is some people only consider black to be the latter)

Last edited: