A 3,300-year-old hairstyle on a preserved ancient Egyptian head

yates

All Star
Daps
I've maintained that North African populations have been relatively consistent for thousands of years and genetically distinct from Sub-Saharan African populations. The primary residents of the region are indigenous and come from the Middle East.

Your problem is in using the term 'Black' to describe their appearance.

I never once stated that darker-skinned Sub-Saharan Africans weren't part of the population and were probably the initiators of the region, so there's nothing further to explain.​
You were the one that said they were a small, negligible part of it as if you went back in time to do census on them. You were the one that said 'subsaharans' only got there after the roman period when there is evidence to dispute that. I never once called them black in totality because many of them were not. You were the one making generalizations.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Not to derail the thread or argue

but there are plenty of Black Arabs and Black Berbers

if you are saying Ancient Egyptians were not "black" as in Sub-Saharan/West African except for some admixture/overlap between certain ethnic tribes, then i understand

but i think "black" is more of a ubiquitous term to describe a global blackness - because Nubians are "black", will be considered black by North American racial standards, but are ethnically different than their counterparts West of the continent, etc ... unless we are saying Ethiopians, Eritreans, Sudanese etc are all not black

i dont think most folks who say Ancient Egyptians were black are saying they all looked like your average Nigerian/Ghanian breh, but more so that they are not these euro-depictions we see in the mainstream, which i feel is pretty self evident based on how they depicted themselves

Meroe/Kush was definitely a "black" kingdom

my 2 cents
At least SOMEONE gets what I've been saying!!!

Hell, I even posted pics of what I think Ancient Egyptians looked like and cats STILL don't get it.​

Gunz&Butta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
The depictions posted are symbolic, not ALL depictions, and there's nothing you posted that went over my head.​
The depictions posted showed differences not just in skin color (which you wrote off as symbolic) but in hairstyles as well. What were the the differences in hairstyle symbolic of?

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
The depictions posted showed differences not just in skin color (which you wrote off as symbolic) but in hairstyles as well. What were the the differences in hairstyle symbolic of?
Hairstyles were representative of socio-economic status/class.......just like colors and wardrobe.

If you look a few posts up, you'll see what I thought Ancient Egyptians looked like and can stop strawmanning me and trying to refute an argument I didn't make.​

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes
546b4adab02fc7037ac780a18941e2c4.jpg

the pic in question. So others can view

egyptians in the front, north africans, nilotic nubians and assyrians
We ALL KNOW what it is, man.

If it makes more sense to that brother that millions of people over thousands of years went out of their way to depict themselves as something else in some kind of symbolic subterfuge then it’s nothing you can really say.

They could find a wave brush and a pack of menthol in that shyt and nikkas just gon say it’s symbolic of Roman Gods or some shyt.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
We ALL KNOW what it is, man.

If it makes more sense to that brother that millions of people over thousands of years went out of their way to depict themselves as something else in some kind of symbolic subterfuge then it’s nothing you can really say.
What makes more sense is what I posted regarding what Ancient Egyptians looked like according to science.

Y'all keep skipping that, though....

Gunz&Butta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Hairstyles were representative of socio-economic status/class.......just like colors and wardrobe.

If you look a few posts up, you'll see what I thought Ancient Egyptians looked like and can stop strawmanning me and trying to refute an argument I didn't make.​
I was actually referring to differences in hairstyles between Ancient Egyptians and other groups depicted in the paintings, not differences within Egyptian society.
The differences in hairstyles were as real as the differences in skin color and mustache.

Since you constantly accuse people of strawmanning, let's get a definite answer from you. Who would they resemble in present day population? Indians, Iraqis, Tunisians, Persians, Greeks, Algerians?

Last edited:

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
What does it mean to be a "black" civilisation. All civilisations in the classical world (this is the world stretching from Portugal to India west to east and from Britain to Kenya north to south) would have had at least small minority black populations. Immigrants, traders, mercenaries, and in the case of Egypt, occasionally (although not always) the ruling elite class. This is equally true of all other civilisations though. There were white Greeks who immigrated to places like India and Kenya.

Population movement was not invented in 1989. Immigration was not invented recently. Globalisation and globalism have been the default setting of western and southern Asia, Africa and Europe for the past 3000 years at least. Everybody moved around freely. There was no fukking border patrol or ICE to stop you from simply walking into another continent. Nationalism and closed borders and ethnostates are what is rare, unusual and weird. They're the modern inventions.

But to go back to my main point that the big cities around the classical world, especially those that were close to the sea, would have been highly cosmopolitan and their ethnic and racial make-up would look surprisingly modern to us. The only single-race ethnostates would have been in the Americas and maybe in parts of east Asia as well as the middle of Africa, because they were not connected to the classical world of western/southern Asia, coastal Africa and Europe.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
Since you constantly accuse people of strawmanning, let's get a definite answer from you. Who would they resemble in present day population? Indians, Iraqis, Tunisians, Persians, Greeks, Algerians?

ALL my answers are based in sound, objective science so you can stop with the mischaracterizations, and I posted what I think they looked like.....TWICE!!!​