A 2Pac and DMX rivalry would have been the wildest rap beef of all time.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
a lot of disrespect for fallen legends in here; not a fan of that at all. They were both 1 of a kind. Raw AF...the collabs woulda been next level :whew:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I've heard that before. But people only make that correlation after hearing the album get at me dog... if you listen to the original freestyle is kind of tailored for pac down to the Baltimore reference
When X mentioned B'more in that diss, I always thought he was taking a shot at him over going the performing arts school. Especially the "where you hide your skirt" line. I could be wrong though lol

Omerta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OZ via El Barrio
Love X, my post history will vouch for that. I like him and listen to him more than PAC. But he is not better than Tupac. Nor is he more skilled as a rapper.

Peace to both the kings. True, true legends.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
How its going down is an outlier in DMX discography, What these bytches want is also, Tupac has a host of songs like that, Tupac excelled a lot more in songs geared to the ladies, to argue that would be asinine.

Slippin can't be argued to be better than Dear Mama, don't you love your mother?:what:

Dear Mama is the archetype Rap song of all time when making a song on that topic.

Tupac could easily make a stop being greedy, its just generic bars with a catchy great chorus.

Fact is Tupac is more versatile than DMX.

Spoken like someone who doesn't know X discog. He has a song for/directed towards women on every album. Sometimes two.... would his songs about God be considered an outlier as well because they are only one per album 🤔

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
What type of record can X make that Pac cant?
Spell bound-you probably never heard it but DMX in 91 was exactly what you guys are saying he is not, a Supreme lyrical talent

X is coming, tales from the darkside (I don't see pac touching horror core like that)

The Convo, ready to meet him/angel- X playing himself and the voice of God to document his internal struggle.

Damien series- x playing himself and the voice of the devil to go along with the whole convo series.

X prayer series... the first one I particular- GOAT level spoken word

Pac has story telling records but X is legitimately the GOAT story telling rapper

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Superstar
Daps
Spoken like someone who doesn't know X discog. He has a song for/directed towards women on every album. Sometimes two.... would his songs about God be considered an outlier as well because they are only one per album 🤔
Both rappers had their formulas. One is the GOAT formula and the other is a once in a lifetime all-time great formula … but not GOAT

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
X was a better overall rapper than Pac. He had more wider skill set imo. He was more clever, better storyteller, more authentic in his raps, better delivery, etc.. that's just my opinion.

X wasn't done but the third album (The Great Depression was a good record), but his run was short compared to other legends of his ilk because the drugs became overwhelming. Had nothing to do with not being versatile. He was a functioning drug addict but it became unmanageable once he got a shyt ton of money and had yes men around him.
Facts.

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
When X mentioned B'more in that diss, I always thought he was taking a shot at him over going the performing arts school. Especially the "where you hide your skirt" line. I could be wrong though lol

Word. X was spitting and if an actual back an forth developed he would've worked Pac in my personal opinion

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens

DMX is under the 3000 word mark and Tupac is right in the middle between 3000 and 4500

25% bigger lexicon per first 35,000 words

When I said DMX 3 to and Tupac 5 I was estimating but it looks like that statistics back this up

Does the amount of words matter or is it how you use them? Plus im sure this doesn't factor in X career before his first album

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
He wasn't a better storyteller, i barely think he was more clever but any differences are marginal, both aren't known for being top tier lyricists. I never said DMX didn't have versatility he just didn't have it like Pac, compare their runs regardless of DMX drug traumas the timespan of their runs were prettych much the same, Pac came out in 91 and was gone by 96, DMX dropped his first album, compare his work from 98-2003, and its no contest imo.

Tupac managed to fit in so many different sounding albums with different themes in that short space of time, All Eyez on Me sounds so different from 2pacalypsenow which sounds different to Thug Life which sounds different from Me Against The World.

The fact that Tupac was constantly on the move and had spent several years in different coasts in America showed in his music, and he has music for all occasions on a level which neither DMX or really any rapper outside his rival in that era Biggie has.

You're bugging