A 2Pac and DMX rivalry would have been the wildest rap beef of all time.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
What X verse is on the same level (technically) as for example the last verse on Me Against The World?? A verse that has A TON of internal, multisyllabic rhymes while being on pont as fukk with the flow and making complete sense and being deep as hell?

Pac wasnt imo an ELITE lyrcist ib the 99s like say Nas was, but he was a whole class above X. And I LOVE X bro cmon now, I actually feel Earls music is more authentic and emotional than Pacs someitnes but bar for bar flow for flow X not seeing Pac

nikkas Done Started Something is significantly better than this verse lol. X has wild verses better than this. Stop it. This was a dope verse but y'all getting me mad now.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You might want to re-listen to the song and read the lyrics again. It's literally himself fighting within himself. It's not two different people, it's the same person. Its him having a split personality. There's nothing basic about that.

And give me another single that was a hit that was more creative during that time period? I bet it won't be many. Even if this particular song is not your cup of tea.

Stan?as far as singles.

Not sure why you are framing it in the way. "In that time period" or "as a single". Lets just judge it on its creativity out of any time period,and on its execution,and just how good the song actually is. I would have to give it a C grade. Execution is lacking,because the "good side"doesnt really seem to match DMX rap personality. So it doesnt seem like DMX the rapper,going against the street version of Earl. Its open to interpretation imo.

Not sure how you claim to be a big DMX fan and think DMX didn't display skill like internal rhyming and say he only talked aggressively on a track. You probably listened to X casually.

Well I did say "was",his music didnt hold up as well for me. I still listen to some songs,but im not running the entire discography back. Maybe I do need to relisten to more,but irrc internal rhyming didnt stand out. I know ive listened to him enough to know he couldnt rap better than Pac though. And im not bias,there are rappers who I think rap better than Pac on certain levels. With DMX I see no level he is better than Pac. Not flow,not delivery,not lyrically.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Stan?as far as singles.

Not sure why you are framing it in the way. "In that time period" or "as a single". Lets just judge it on its creativity out of any time period,and on its execution,and just how good the song actually is. I would have to give it a C grade. Execution is lacking,because the "good side"doesnt really seem to match DMX rap personality. So it doesnt seem like DMX the rapper,going against the street version of Earl. Its open to interpretation imo.

Well I did say "was",his music didnt hold up as well for me. I still listen to some songs,but im not running the entire discography back. Maybe I do need to relisten to more,but irrc internal rhyming didnt stand out. I know ive listened to him enough to know he couldnt rap better than Pac though. And im not bias,there are rappers who I think rap better than Pac on certain levels. With DMX I see no level he is better than Pac. Not flow,not delivery,not lyrically.
Stan is a good but that's only 1.

The rest I disagree with you clearly, but I respect your opinion.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
nikkas Done Started Something is significantly better than this verse lol. X has wild verses better than this. Stop it. This was a dope verse but y'all getting me mad now.
Me too. 2pac don’t rap like that. This type of rap is element of battle rap that X & Jay perfected. It’s nothing close in pac catalog like this

DJK

All Star
Daps
Why not talk about a DMX/Pac pairing to make music instead of diss each other.
Why do we love the fukkery so much
Dudes been obsessed with Pac/Biggie beef for almost 30 years :snoop:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Me too. 2pac don’t rap like that. This type of rap is element of battle rap that X & Jay perfected. It’s nothing close in pac catalog like this
That's the part they are missing and I'm trying to convey. DMX is a spitter spitter. Pac isn't from that breed of MC. He's just not from that world

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I think had 2 Pac survived the shooting. I think he would have left Death Row and matured. I think Death Row with Suge was a toxic environment. I don't think it would have even came to that.

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
What X verse is on the same level (technically) as for example the last verse on Me Against The World?? A verse that has A TON of internal, multisyllabic rhymes while being on pont as fukk with the flow and making complete sense and being deep as hell?

Pac wasnt imo an ELITE lyrcist ib the 99s like say Nas was, but he was a whole class above X. And I LOVE X bro cmon now, I actually feel Earls music is more authentic and emotional than Pacs someitnes but bar for bar flow for flow X not seeing Pac

Multi syllables and internal rhyming has nothing to do with being lyrical :mjlol:. Which X could do as well.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Dmx is clearly a better rapper than 2pac

X has a way more rounded skill set

X can make any 2pac song if he wanted too. 2pac can’t make X type records

Not sure about this, could X make a song that touches on social issues like Pac did? Could he do a Keep Ya Head Up or Holla if You Hear Me or Changes type song? Not saying that makes Pac better either, I'm a huge fan of both

Boonapalist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers

X doesn’t have many verses better than this though. If any

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Ready to met him

Who we be

Ready To Meet Him is one of X greatest songs, song literally gives me chills every time I listen to it, but I feel that's more X looking inward at himself and his relationship with God than outward at the world and society

Who We Be is cool but kinda simplistic compared to Pac's best social/political songs

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Why not talk about a DMX/Pac pairing to make music instead of diss each other.
Why do we love the fukkery so much
Dudes been obsessed with Pac/Biggie beef for almost 30 years :snoop:
Because DMX actually dissed Pac while he was alive at the height of the east and west coast rivalry. :gucci:

At some point they were going to come blow to blow had Pac lived long enough to see DMX become mainstream.