90s SPIDERMAN cartoon VS Spectacular SPIDERMAN cartoon

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
spectacular. this one is not close.

the animation on the 90's version was only good-to-great in spots. u might not like the style they used for spectacular, but it was consistent in quality throughout.

story-telling goes to spectacular, easy. venom, sandman, electro, ock, even the fukking shocker got their due in a way that was easy for new fans to appreciate, but respectful of us long-term fans. kraven kinda got shafted when they turned him into a lion. but even then... what else were they gonna do? kill him like in the books? :russ:

action-wise, there isn't a single moment in the 90s cartoon fukking with symbiote-spidey vs. the sinister six. and if memory serves me right, pete was unconscious for most or all of the fight, advancing the symbiote storyline at the same time.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yup. Disney wanted to do their own thing. And we've got ultimate spider man:francis:

giphy.gif

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Makes me happy that spectacular has so many fans.

It used to get a LOT of hate because of the animation style. But time has proven it to be far superior to what came before. And especially what came after.

Dan Slott is overseeing disney's new spidey cartoon tho. He's hit or miss (lord... when his storytelling is on point :banderas:). I'm cautiously optimistic.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It used to get a LOT of hate because of the animation style. But time has proven it to be far superior to what came before. And especially what came after.

Dan Slott is overseeing disney's new spidey cartoon tho. He's hit or miss (lord... when his storytelling is on point :banderas:). I'm cautiously optimistic.

Yeah Dan knows spider man.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
90s Spiderman managed to find a way to still be a good show in the end despite the stupid rules fox put on it, the voice acting was definitely on point.

Last edited:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

What story is this new Spider-Man following? Will it be separate from the tv marvel universe?