90s SPIDERMAN cartoon VS Spectacular SPIDERMAN cartoon

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
This part. Rewatch that now that show did NOT age well
I always liked it, and never stopped watching it. I think 90's is better, but it really depends on the tone you're going for. It's hella campy, but gives that authentic comic book feel...and an authentic Marvel comics feel. The art style of Spectacular is one I'm not a fan of, but the voice acting is better. Their storylines are equal in over quality, but I give 90s the edge based on the many it weaved into the show.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
one thing that annoys me about the 90s one is they fukked up a sequence in one of the later seasons

they have a scene where spidey is fighting kingpin w/ them old heroes but it's reversed, he hasn't escaped yet

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Spectacular had TAS ' artsyle:banderas:

Spectacular had better storylines production values no dumb censorship and Keith David Tombstone was the GOAT:ahh:

but it had that chibi look:scusthov:

the funny thing about this... outside of season 1 and special episodes, the actual animation in TAS is garbage. the art style was too complicated to animate efficiently, especially when spidey is doing his thing. so in the first appearance of the lizard, spidey looks great in action. but by mid/end of season, they're using the same swing animations to transition between set pieces. or he's dodging lasers in the most boring non-superhuman manner possible, instead of bouncing around the screen.

i'm sure everyone knows this, but this is why spectacular used a much simpler art style; so they could go batshyt crazy on the animation, and we could get epic shyt like the symbiote vs sinster six fight in central park.

TAS can't hold a candle to spectacular. ESPECIALLY when you get into storytelling and animation.

of course, everyone is entitled to their opinions. but it's crazy how nostalgia warps our preferences (and i'm not judging, i legit find these debates interesting).

i went back and watched the old transformers series. sweet jesus that shyt is trash (outside of select episodes).