90s SPIDERMAN cartoon VS Spectacular SPIDERMAN cartoon

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I like the character interactions more.The animation seemed less kiddy.

Could be a 90's bias, tho....I'm stuck there:mjcry:

It's this. No way can I say as a spidey fanatic that there's more meat on the bones on the 90s series. The interactions between Peter and his supporting cast, the depth of his relationship with Gwen and Liz and the angst he went through in picking one over the other, the stuff between he and Harry and Norman..his interactions with JJ and the rest of the bugle staff and of course his relationship with the villains. I mean they freaking adapted the master planner storyline and did it better than the comics.

Plus, the way the goblin arc played out. Biases aside, I don't see how it's objectively better

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's this. No way can I say as a spidey fanatic that there's more meat on the bones on the 90s series. The interactions between Peter and his supporting cast, the depth of his relationship with Gwen and Liz and the angst he went through in picking one over the other, the stuff between he and Harry and Norman..his interactions with JJ and the rest of the bugle staff and of course his relationship with the villains. I mean they freaking adapted the master planner storyline and did it better than the comics.

Plus, the way the goblin arc played out. Biases aside, I don't see how it's objectively better

I think the 90's version had a density to it that made it feel a lil more serious, But that could be my inner 90's child.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Spectacular Spider-Man was setting up a possible Carnage intro or symbiote invasion in the sewers No reason it should've been canceled :mjcry:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm kinda biased because I grew up with the 90s one and it was a top 5 cartoon for me growing up. Used to wake up every Saturday morning to watch it. :mjcry:

But objectively speaking I guess Spectacular is probably better.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Just finished watching this for the first time in years. Still sad how everything went down with Disney.

Was there ever any word on what the plan was with Gwen and MJ? The way it was setting up was for Harry to take over the Goblin and have him and Pete fight over Gwen and possibly run the death storyline :lupe:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Just finished watching this for the first time in years. Still sad how everything went down with Disney.

Was there ever any word on what the plan was with Gwen and MJ? The way it was setting up was for Harry to take over the Goblin and have him and Pete fight over Gwen and possibly run the death storyline :lupe:

Only thing Greg ever said was he planned for the hobgoblin and a couple other villains and wanted to take the series at least through petes college years.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Only thing Greg ever said was he planned for the hobgoblin and a couple other villains and wanted to take the series at least through petes college years.

If I remember correctly ... Greg had I think 5 seasons in mind.. and had the main villain for each season planned and the season arcs semi-outlined