[9/4] AEW All Out 2022

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Exactly. I'm not taking the extra effort to watch YouTube shows or read dirt sheets to get my fulfilment of wrasslin'. I'm at the point to where if it's not on TV, then I legitimately have no clue what's going on. I enjoyed AEW because it was an alternative to WWE because it wasn't overproduced and delivered on angles/storylines. I don't know what the hell I've been watching for the last year.
I'm right there with you. I'm old and there's too much wrestling to catch up on. Don't really check Twitter for wrestling news, I just tune in every Wednesday and Friday.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Pretty good show overall but too long... too many matches. Some matches needed to be cut. Others needed to be longer.

Omega is the "Franchise" of AEW... the same way @puppetmaster was for WCW.. All the ex-WWE/ROH guys don't garner the same love as Omega does.

The MJF reveal was both good and bad. The ladder match was dumb and deflating but at least they paid it off before the show went off the air.

The story/payoff for the AEW title was not good. Rushed and poorly executed. They had a decent match but meh..

Tag titles was great.. but man The Acclaimed needed to win

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Tony Khan devoted his time & his daddy's money into producing a ppv just for everybody to spend the next day only talking about the media scrum.
:francis:

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Was going to post same. These scrums shouldn't be for 4th wall breaking. Should be like the clash at the castle press conference which was about 1. business (that HHH addressed) and then 2. more kayfabe questions. Any outside kayfabe questions were more about the crowd responses etc., not dirt/shoot stuff.
This made me appreciate Roman’s appearance at the Clash scrum even more. After 1 fukking question Roman looked at the mark journalists like :francis: I’m not bout to sit here and talk to you fukking nerds, I’m out.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Excluding everything having to do with Sourpuss Punk (at this point, his ass has to go because he's becoming a cancer to the company), going over the PPV, they need to really sort some shyt out:
  • No need for 15 matches; off the top of my head they could have cut JB/Christian, Mixed Tag Match, the Hook match, and Jade/Athena (maybe I'm a little bit of a traditionalist, but a TV title should be defended on TV unless it's some sort of blood feud or something that would make it PPV worthy)
  • The finish for the Ladder Match would have worked on an episode of Dynamite, but was an absolutely terrible for a PPV
  • Obviously more will be revealed about this stable, but Ethan Page doesn't need a Manager given he's capable of cutting strong promos by himself
  • As over as The Acclaimed are, it was the right call to keep the titles on Swerve/Lee. Let them cook with the tag titles since they've only held them for a month and a half
  • Mox/Punk should have never had that unification match a couple weeks ago. Legitimately no reason for it to have taken place before the PPV.
  • The reveal of MJF was great, especially using the imagery of the Summer of Punk promo. MJF must be in his bag to be feuding with Punk again given how much of a Punk stan he is.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Excluding everything having to do with Sourpuss Punk (at this point, his ass has to go because he's becoming a cancer to the company), going over the PPV, they need to really sort some shyt out:
  • No need for 15 matches; off the top of my head they could have cut JB/Christian, Mixed Tag Match, the Hook match, and Jade/Athena (maybe I'm a little bit of a traditionalist, but a TV title should be defended on TV unless it's some sort of blood feud or something that would make it PPV worthy) - agreed
  • The finish for the Ladder Match would have worked on an episode of Dynamite, but was an absolutely terrible for a PPV - I would mostly agree, but there was no logical way to bring MJF back and immediately put him in the world title picture given the way his last match went. However, they could have had him go in there and win it by actually wrestling in that disguise, but that would have made it obvious who it was
  • Obviously more will be revealed about this stable, but Ethan Page doesn't need a Manager given he's capable of cutting strong promos by himself - It's a decent way to quickly give numerous wrestlers a lot more credibility
  • As over as The Acclaimed are, it was the right call to keep the titles on Swerve/Lee. Let them cook with the tag titles since they've only held them for a month and a half - In hindsight I agree. It really elevated both tag teams, especially the Acclaimed, so when they win the tag titles it's going to be even bigger
  • Mox/Punk should have never had that unification match a couple weeks ago. Legitimately no reason for it to have taken place before the PPV. Agree. It was stupid but Punk made it work OK
  • The reveal of MJF was great, especially using the imagery of the Summer of Punk promo. MJF must be in his bag to be feuding with Punk again given how much of a Punk stan he is. It was masterful
My responses in the quote above in bold and underlined

Daps
Reppin
NULL
what did punk say that was wrong though? :sas1::sas2:

The bucks leaked shyt to the sheets and he called them out on it and what do they do? Within minutes go the sheets:gucci:

People forget it was the Bucks and Cody who wanted full creative in NJPW and ran that stupid angle that was overbooked w/ Cody and Ibushi. Then finessed ROH into letting them use their production team for All In. Then using that as a stepping stone for AEW, effectively killing ROH by taking a lot of their talent. :mjlol:

The Bucks and Cody thought that EVP shyt was for real . Like when celebrities get them honorary doctorates. They thought they were gonna run the company. Thats why Cody left.:mjlol: