[9/20/23] AEW Dynamite Grand Slam: At least one title change guaranteed - MJF/ Joe; Claudio/Kingston; Moxley/Fenix; Saray/Storm; Jericho/Guevara

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Makes the most since for Toni to win

But if Saraya wins I would expect Mercedes to debut if not then what we doing

She was still in a walking boot as of All In. Only way she would make an appearance is in a pretaped segment. Doubt she'd be doing something physical within a week or two of having a boot taken off (if it's been taken off).

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
She was still in a walking boot as of All In. Only way she would make an appearance is in a pretaped segment. Doubt she'd be doing something physical within a week or two of having a boot taken off (if it's been taken off).
I realize all that I’m just saying it makes no since for Saraya to win

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Makes the most since for Toni to win

But if Saraya wins I would expect Mercedes to debut if not then what we doing

Unless she's still hurt, don't want to debut her and keep up appearances for however long until she heals up.
She’s not going to be cleared in time for WrestleDream so if they want to do Mercedes vs. Saraya it wouldn’t be until Full Gear in November at the earliest.

Unless TK is stupid and wastes that matchup on a Dynamite or Collision.

Though my gut says they want Saraya vs. Mercedes for the title so I don’t see Toni having any real shot at winning the belt tonight

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I realize all that I’m just saying it makes no since for Saraya to win

Made no sense for her to win the belt in the first place.

I WANT Joe to win for fukkery, but I think they’re gonna have MFJ break the title record before he drops it.

I think Eddie wins it.

Both are probably winning since they're in NYC. Snowman does the opposite of what Vince does; unless you're a jobber (i.e. Pillman Jr. in Cincinnait) you're winning in your home town.

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Made no sense for her to win the belt in the first place.
Exactly
Both are probably winning since they're in NYC. Snowman does the opposite of what Vince does; unless you're a jobber (i.e. Pillman Jr. in Cincinnait) you're winning in your home town.
Tony does book for moments Eddie I see not so much Joe

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
Eddie must be going over, Wouldn't care either way. Claudio is way bigger/better than that ROH title at this point in his career, And NJPW would need to give clearance on an Openweight title change and Claudio has never worked for NJPW.....

So I'd be surprised if Eddie didn't win. Either way they need to stop tying up their AEW superstars with these bum ass belts

Yeah leave the ROH titles on your ROH talent. Like why does Claudio, Joe, and Cole/MJF have three of your titles?

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
He needs to get away from one of his closest and longest friends in the business :dead:

The word when Cesaro was in WWE from the AEW/neckbeard crowd was

"He's being held down! He should be the world champion and beat Roman!"

so why are people now content with him being the 3rd fiddle in a group and being the champion of a dead brand with no national television?

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I'm pretty sure I paid $300 something for my ticket to the first Grand Slam and the seats weren't even that great. If people were paying that for nosebleeds then TK was outta his mind.

Yeah def outta his mind. I know things have gotten worse since then far as the economy goes, that paying that price seems insane. Especially for a non ppv. I think maybe only a wrestlemania is worth that high a cost. Maybe a summerslam but that's pushing it. $300 should be ring side or close to it. Its just the location and city that makes them think they can charge high prices. Not sure what the rental fee for Arthur Ashe might be.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I can see Eddie winning his match. Claudio has had a decent run but I think its time for Eddie to get his moment. Don't see a title change in the International title match but anticipating a good match. Mox and Fenix have different styles so curious to see what they cook up. Feel like Jericho & Guevara the worst of all of them but hopefully won't be too bad. Don't think they got enough done to have people care. Everyone else should retain.