[9/20/23] AEW Dynamite Grand Slam: At least one title change guaranteed - MJF/ Joe; Claudio/Kingston; Moxley/Fenix; Saray/Storm; Jericho/Guevara

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
They should've kept the original prices from their first few years which was from $20 to $100 depending on seating. That and like one poster said going back to at least 5 to 10 thousand seated arenas then going to bigger arenas for their PPV's would be the move. I give it to Jarrett for giving them them these big arenas, but he kinda overshooting himself by doing that.
Also $20-100 is too cheap. That’s what Defy is charging for their October 13 event that features Swerve vs. Vikingo.

Upcoming GCW shows are anywhere from 25-90.

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Also $20-100 is too cheap. That’s what Defy is charging for their October 13 event that features Swerve vs. Vikingo.
It's either that or have you starting point for tickets be $30. They're nowhere near where WWE is where tickets can cost an arm and a leg.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
It's either that or have you starting point for tickets be $30. They're nowhere near where WWE is where tickets can cost an arm and a leg.
You have to charge more than what indies are charging. AEW isn’t some tiny regional indie lacking a TV deal. They are the second most viewed and attended promotion in the world.

That doesn’t mean they have to charge WWE prices, but that also doesn’t mean the only other option is charging indie prices. There’s a medium in there they can slide into.

Tres Leches

Empire Business
Daps
I wonder which title will change hands because there's almost always a guarantee of it happening on a major show. I hope it's Toni Storm winning the belt off Paige, but I doubt it'll be that one :francis:

I guess it could be Eddie winning the ROH belt.
Toni should win but TK brain on drugs I don’t know wtf he thinking

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
AEW uploaded a 94-minute video of the complete Eddie vs. Claudio feud. Not sure if it includes anything outside of ROH and AEW though, I just started watching it.

Eddie must be going over, Wouldn't care either way. Claudio is way bigger/better than that ROH title at this point in his career, And NJPW would need to give clearance on an Openweight title change and Claudio has never worked for NJPW.....

So I'd be surprised if Eddie didn't win. Either way they need to stop tying up their AEW superstars with these bum ass belts

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
Toni should win, but she’s at the booking mercy of a functioning cokehead who thinks Saraya is a net positive in 2023.

I WANT Joe to win for fukkery, but I think they’re gonna have MFJ break the title record before he drops it.

I think Eddie wins it.

I could not care less about the last two matches unless Mox goes on vacation or Sammy & Jericho both get laid out by someone

• Dap
Reactions: 907

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Toni Storm should win but I have my doubts TK will go with the smart decision.
My assumption is that he's putting money on Mercedes, which is dumb because, that's what screwed over Jade during her run.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Eddie must be going over, Wouldn't care either way. Claudio is way bigger/better than that ROH title at this point in his career, And NJPW would need to give clearance on an Openweight title change and Claudio has never worked for NJPW.....

So I'd be surprised if Eddie didn't win. Either way they need to stop tying up their AEW superstars with these bum ass belts
Claudio just last week or early this week started talking in interviews about wanting to wrestle in the Tokyo Dome for Wrestle Kingdom.

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Makes the most since for Toni to win

But if Saraya wins I would expect Mercedes to debut if not then what we doing

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Makes the most since for Toni to win

But if Saraya wins I would expect Mercedes to debut if not then what we doing
Unless she's still hurt, don't want to debut her and keep up appearances for however long until she heals up.