[9/20/23] AEW Dynamite Grand Slam: At least one title change guaranteed - MJF/ Joe; Claudio/Kingston; Moxley/Fenix; Saray/Storm; Jericho/Guevara

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Seems like they using Eddie vs Claudio as the big selling point. I guess because they think NY fans Will me more willing to Buy tickets to see Eddie finally get a big W.

I wonder if it main events and MJF vs Joe opens?
Works out nicely for the ROH title change to come in NY for Eddie. Pretty sure they were going to pull the trigger on that title change at the last ROH PPV but Eddie couldn’t do the match because of either injury or Eddie getting in the G1.

Now they just need to build it up for him to eventually get that Mick Foley winning the WWE title type story.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I wonder which title will change hands because there's almost always a guarantee of it happening on a major show. I hope it's Toni Storm winning the belt off Paige, but I doubt it'll be that one :francis:

I guess it could be Eddie winning the ROH belt.
Well the Eddie vs. Claudio match is getting a title change regardless unless they do some DQ finish because it’s title vs. title. One of them two is coming out of NY with the ROH Championship and whatever NJPW belt Eddie has.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Works out nicely for the ROH title change to come in NY for Eddie. Pretty sure they were going to pull the trigger on that title change at the last ROH PPV but Eddie couldn’t do the match because of either injury or Eddie getting in the G1.

Now they just need to build it up for him to eventually get that Mick Foley winning the WWE title type story.

that's an insult to Mick Foley

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Stealing the @Finn Baller gimmick :lolbron:

I doubt any lessons have been learned, but they really do need to drop the initial ticket prices. Can’t be charging WWE-like prices when the product is cold. It turns off people from even wanting to buy tickets to begin with. Then when you consistently drop prices after they’ve already been on sale, it just encourages people to hold off on buying tickets until AEW decides to slash prices.

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Stealing the @Finn Baller gimmick :lolbron:

I doubt any lessons have been learned, but they really do need to drop the initial ticket prices. Can’t be charging WWE-like prices when the product is cold. It turns off people from even wanting to buy tickets to begin with. Then when you consistently drop prices after they’ve already been on sale, it just encourages people to hold off on buying tickets until AEW decides to slash prices.

They should've kept the original prices from their first few years which was from $20 to $100 depending on seating. That and like one poster said going back to at least 5 to 10 thousand seated arenas then going to bigger arenas for their PPV's would be the move. I give it to Jarrett for giving them them these big arenas, but he kinda overshooting himself by doing that.

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Mick Foley could convincingly play 3 different characters/gimmicks interchangeably

Eddie Kingston doesn't remotely have that type of range
That has nothing to do with their personalities and how they connect to people, but hey do you

• Dap
Reactions: 907

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
They should've kept the original prices from their first few years which was from $20 to $100 depending on seating. That and like one poster said going back to at least 5 to 10 thousand seated arenas then going to bigger arenas for their PPV's would be the move. I give it to Jarrett for giving them them these big arenas, but he kinda overshooting himself by doing that.
Problem with smaller arenas is many of them probably can’t accommodate what AEW needs from a production stand point.