80% of Pre-Packaged Foods in America Are Banned in Other Countries

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
gotta love America:shaq2:

Oooookay then.

Finally, there's butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA) and butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) - found in Post, Kelloggs and Quaker brand cereals - which is made from petroleum and is a known cancer-causing agent. It's been banned in England and Japan, but those of us in the U.S. can keep right on serving up to our children for breakfast, because AMMURICA. And FREEDOMZ.

Anyone else find all of this, ohhhh I don't know, more than a tad bit disturbing? I'm not ashamed to say I have love for the blue box Mac & Cheese, and to think that chemicals known and recognized world-wide as completely toxic are included in that - a product openly marketed as being a meal FOR KIDS - makes me more than a little ragey. I mean, those chemicals can't be what makes it taste so good, right? So can't we, umm, just use something else instead? (PLEEEASE DON'T MAKE ME GIVE UP THE MAC & CHEESE, PLEEEASE.) Sigh.

-By Tracey Gaughran-Perez

This my thing about post like this. WTF should we eat then. You said pre packaged meals are bad FINE. then yall turn right around and talk about the poisons they spread over the fruits and vegetables we eat. THEN you continue on and talk about how the fish full of mercury, the chicken full of steroids, the beef full of fat, and we shouldn't eat pork. SO WHAT THE fukk ARE YOU SUPPOSE TO EAT????

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The only "sketchy" foods I buy is an occasional box of kids cereal, American cheese from time to time, and of course the ambiguous "natural flavor" that is part of some meat products. I was always told to shop the perimeter of stores to ensure healthy eating (and as few additives as possible) - dairy, fruit, veggies, meat/poultry/fish, grains.

There are tons of lists on the net that tell what ingredients are to help you clean up your eating - not all packaged foods are crap. But you'll pay for the quality ones. I'm currently doing an ingredient purge in my beauty regimen to get rid of a lot of the crap/use more natural products

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Yea? Whats your diet, friend?

Basically everything I posted...

Breakfast:Almond milk, high protein cold cereal or plan Oatmeal(with walnuts, blueberries, agave syrup, brown sugar)/no nitrate organic turkey bacon/egg whites

Lunch: Grilled chicken or fish/broccoli, asparagus, cucumbers, squash, or your favorite veggie(prepared however you want)

Dinner: same as lunch only ill add a another carb like sweet potatoes, yams, brown rice

Snacking throughout the day ill usually have some Greek yogurt, almonds, fruit, or Isopure whey protein(zero cabs)

I eat pork ribs maybe once or twice a year, and I'll have a good steak once or twice a year, but other than that I only eat birds and fish...

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Basically everything I posted...

Breakfast:Almond milk high protein cold cereal or plan Oatmeal(with walnuts, blueberries, agave syrup, brown sugar)/no nitrate organic turkey bacon/egg whites

Lunch: Grilled chicken or fish/broccoli, asparagus, cucumbers, squash, or your favorite veggie(prepared however you want)

Dinner: same as lunch only ill add a another carb like sweet potatoes, yams, brown rice

Snacking throughout the day ill usually have some Greek yogurt, almonds, fruit, or Isopure whey protein(zero cabs)

I eat pork ribs maybe once or twice a year, and I'll have a good steak once or twice a year, but other than that I only eat birds and fish...

So basically your life sucks. fukk is the use in working out so hard if you aint going eat shyt you want actually well....eat.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
thankfully i avoid these most of these disgusting snacks, and drink mostly water :whew:

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
So basically your life sucks. fukk is the use in working out so hard if you aint going eat shyt you want actually well....eat.
:wtf: how do you know what I want and don't want to eat? I enjoy eating healthy... That was just a basic blueprint, it doesn't mean I don't shy away from it and chef up cuisines with a little more imagination... My personal recipe book is thorough. I've been eating healthy since I was a child so it isn't a life altering thing for me like it may be for you :laugh:

I dont live to eat... I eat to live :blessed:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
my father has his own chickens. Each one lays one egg per day, or every other day.

I eat fresh, natural eggs on the daily :blessed:, not the steroided poisoned store bought eggs. :scusthov:

Alot of people are beginning to get chickens for their backyard. CNN did a special on it.