8 Reasons Why R&B Has Died In The Black Community

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Its by design. Music has the potential to be one of black peoples most effective weapons. It has the ability to uplift, motivate, inpire, educate and unify. Even during slavery, music was a way to boost morale and communicate via hidden messages.

The systematic draining of the love and soul out of black music has been by design. We don't own our own outlets. Its not merely an accident or a coincidence. It was done purposely. They don't want us loving each other
Preach

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Black people also created Country music. These music writers never ever acknowledge that.

What y'all are not noticing is that all music genres are suffering. Look at all the people that complain about how bad Country and Rock and Roll music have become. I really believe that a lot of this goes back to Black musicians not being as good as they used to be, because Country and Rock and Roll artist used to just straight up steal Black music and claim that it was Rock or Country. So all music is only as good as Black music.

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/...mbingly_formulaic_and_shytty_country_pop_musi
Tom Petty Slams Modern Country As “Bad Rock with a Fiddle”
Why your music sucks: Country edition - Mustang News
Hank Williams III: 'Pop country really sucks'
Rock Music Sucks Now and It’s Depressing

Last edited:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
People just need to get out and look for shyt or actually listen to these RnB stations. Usher just dropped a hit, Maxwell just dropped a dope album, Chris Brown is dropping an album, Tyrese dropped something earlier last year, Jeremih still does it, August Alsina still dropping shyt, etc.. And thats off the top of my head.

People just mad that RnB is evolving just like it was supposed to do over a 20 year span and but one thing that will never change is black people that can sing.

Ill tell you what did disappear was black boy bands

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
black people have lost their soul

I was watching Bill Withers, being put into the rock n roll hall of fame as the only solo act on HBO, and they had John Legend come out to do Use Me

He was souless, so swagless when performing this song, so out of his element, and he's suppose to be on the real "vocalist" of this generation

either he was drugged before performing or he went full cac

Usher also butchered ray charles songs at the white house

before you had to be talent to represent black music, it's not the case, you just have to have skills at recording in a booth

The thing that I have noticed is the lack of creativity in modern artists. A lot of the Black singers used to come out of the Black church and most of them played musical instruments; so they created their own styles. That is where Aretha Franklin, Al Green, Donny Hathaway, etc., came from. They were out of Church choirs.

The other thing that I noticed is that there are no bands anymore. Back in the day bands like the Isley Brothers, Earth Wind and Fire, Rufus, Ohio Players, etc., created most of the great music.