8/3 DAZN PPV RIYADH SEASON, AYE! THE OFFICIAL CRAWFORD - MADRIMOV FIGHT THREAD ft EVERY DAMN BODY.. YOUR EXCELLENCY, UR CRAZY FOR THIS ONE!!

CRAWFORD vs. MADRIMOV

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Bud is too good. Not sure I see any of the guys at 154 (or 147) beating him.
Neutralized Madrimov early and basically limited him to throwing single rights. Was really impressed with Buds body work and the fact he still got in the pocket to upload combinations despite Madrimov being dangerous inside and having crazy upper body movement.
Then the championships rounds were the cherry on top :ohlawd:. People saying Bud power didn't travel up a division but I think it did, he hurt Madrimov a couple times and that's with Madrimov being extra careful and defensively responsible the entire fight. The fact dude had his hands up all fight and only lunged in maybe once or twice showed how much he respected Crawfords power

Nah we dont know if Buds KO power traveled up. At 154 all them cats hit hard so i think we still need 1-2 more fights to gauge. Bud was killshotting cats, respectable power isnt the same imo. israel was too weird for is to gauge

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I think so too, but I do think most of it was just mainly him being malnourished to be fighting at 108 lbs. and getting to his realistic/natural weight of around 140. Dude may have won a title at 108 but he was getting knocked out around there too because he was so drained as it just wasn't natural for him. It would've been like Usyk fighting at 168, good enough to win but would've got cleaned up by the real p4p talent there because of the weight drain.

Nonetheless though, adding 50% of your bodyweight is actually crazy. I still think he would've got to at least 140 naturally because of his frame/bone density but probably would not have been tattooing Margarito like that.

He was 17 in his debut or 16. Either way, that was not anywhere near his weight. He probably woulda started at featherweight had he had a decent meal and was an adult.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I actually like Boots. But it seems like 80% of Boots fans are just hurt Spence fans lol
Not sure why Boots is still being bought up at this point. They ducked a shot at a belt and a career pay day when they turned down the BLK fight. And at his last fight both Eddie Hearns and his father brushed the idea of fighting Bud to instead unify at 147. They clearly don't want the Bud fight as they haven't actually done anything to suggest they do (besides use Bud name for promotional purposes.)
Way too much smoke for Bud at 154 to be fixated on what someone a division below is doing.

Boots weight bully ass looks way more sus for being so reluctant to move up to a hotter division than Bud does for not wanting to go backwards to a lower dead division :yeshrug:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Nah we dont know if Buds KO power traveled up. At 154 all them cats hit hard so i think we still need 1-2 more fights to gauge. Bud was killshotting cats, respectable power isnt the same imo. israel was too weird for is to gauge
Madrimov is very good defensively. The in and out footwork. He new when to clinch and when to disengage. Moves head off centerline well. Hes gonna be a guy lots of people avoid.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Styles make fights but compare how defensively responsible dude was vs his previous fights and how much less he put his punches together. He wasn't trying get Spence'd. Late in the fight when he slipped up and lunged in he got rocked by a Bud uppercut and hurt. He felt Bud power more than bigger guys like Igbokwe and fought accordingly

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Floyd ducked fighters in their prime and tall/long fighters. Fighting Berto and Conner McGregor in his last 2 fights really clouded ya'll perception of him

1. Ask Boots why he switched from a WBO mandatory (Which Bud was champion at 147) to a IBF mandatory
2. Ask Boots why he denied the offer to fight Bud on December 2022 in Omaha on the BLK prime

I actually like Boots. But it seems like 80% of Boots fans are just hurt Spence fans lol

You could say this about every fighter in the world right now. Damn near the same argument word for word, just change names and setting. We gotta stop pretending like someone is ducking someone when they're all ducking everyone.

Thank God for turki or we'd never see these dudes go at it.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Not sure why Boots is still being bought up at this point. They ducked a shot at a belt and a career pay day when they turned down the BLK fight. And at his last fight both Eddie Hearns and his father brushed the idea of fighting Bud to instead unify at 147. They clearly don't want the Bud fight as they haven't actually done anything to suggest they do (besides use Bud name for promotional purposes.)
Way too much smoke for Bud at 154 to be fixated on what someone a division below is doing.

Boots weight bully ass looks way more sus for being so reluctant to move up to a hotter division than Bud does for not wanting to go backwards to a lower dead division :yeshrug:

Every single interview, Boots has Crawford's name in his mouth. Clout chasing off of Crawford's name is the thing to do now. Teofimo Lopez hopped on that train as well. Boots has himself to blame waiting for the Crawford-Spence saga instead of carving his own lane. Had a chance to face Ugas to get that named opponent on his resume to build his profile, but was dragging feet. Then let Mario Barrios of all people get to Ugas first, which not surprisingly raised Barrios' profile. His only hope for notoriety is if Teo stupidly goes up to 147 and fights him or a Conner Benn fight

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Styles make fights but compare how defensively responsible dude was vs his previous fights and how much less he put his punches together. He wasn't trying get Spence'd. Late in the fight when he slipped up and lunged in he got rocked by a Bud uppercut and hurt. He felt Bud power more than bigger guys like Igbokwe and fought accordingly

I am more so saying for example, if you look at Money May Floyd, people said he had power to keep you honest/make you pay. I am more so saying 147 Bud was kill shotting cats, but 154 Bud may end up being more of a Keep you honest/make you pay type power. We will see with the Journey Bud is taking on, especially if he takes on a Fundora. Bud may be more like a Mell Charlo but who knows I`m just giving my theoretical 2 cents.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Every single interview, Boots has Crawford's name in his mouth. Clout chasing off of Crawford's name is the thing to do now. Teofimo Lopez hopped on that train as well. Boots has himself to blame waiting for the Crawford-Spence saga instead of carving his own lane. Had a chance to face Ugas to get that named opponent on his resume to build his profile, but was dragging feet. Then let Mario Barrios of all people get to Ugas first, which not surprisingly raised Barrios' profile. His only hope for notoriety is if Teo stupidly goes up to 147 and fights him or a Conner Benn fight

Boots has the worst team in business. People kept saying Boots was a PBC fighter but no Boots was a Showtime fighter and was Espinoza's guy. I think if Boots was actually an Al Haymon guy they would have got him in the mix and he would at a minimum be in the position Barrios is in, as Boots/Tank/Benevidez is a good core to carry the next generation of PBC as those 3 alone can give you 6-8 PPVs a year and you just fill the gaps in between as needed.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Every single interview, Boots has Crawford's name in his mouth. Clout chasing off of Crawford's name is the thing to do now.
yea Turki said he willing to make the fight at 154. Bud is the biggest name in both divisions and it would probably be more money than all his previous purses combined. If Boots don't make a move to 154 asap to get the ball rolling on that fight I don't want to hear shyt

One thing about Turki is he ain't protecting anybody. He talking all marquee bouts for Bud (Canelo, Ortiz, or Boots). 2 of those 3 guys don't have no way to spin not working to fight Bud next

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

Thank you. I'm confused why people are acting like Bud looked different because he's now at 154. Like what are you supposed to do with a guy like Madrimov who obviously went into the fight like "Whatever happens, I'm not getting knocked out" and played the counter puncher with low punch output. This fight looks very very similar to Bud's fight with Jose Benevidez... Benevidez was doing the same exact thing, with the same gameplan. Took Bud until the final 12th round to finally catch Benevidez slipping