8/3 DAZN PPV RIYADH SEASON, AYE! THE OFFICIAL CRAWFORD - MADRIMOV FIGHT THREAD ft EVERY DAMN BODY.. YOUR EXCELLENCY, UR CRAZY FOR THIS ONE!!

CRAWFORD vs. MADRIMOV

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mag357

Superstar
Daps
I woke up to the Internet telling me this was a close fight.
Crawford had to win the last two rounds to win the fight.

My brother calling me telling me Crawford could barely handle matrimov, so it's no way he could be Canelo.

So I decided to watch the fight.
:stopitslime:

If y'all don't get the fck out of here.
That matrimov barely threw any punches.
nikka was just fainting and moving. Maybe throwing a straight right hand every minute or 30 secs.
I actually looked at the clock at the 2min mark of the 5th and he didn't throw another punch til the 1min mark.

Bud was jabbing and throwing as usual.
This is why i don't watch much boxing anymore.
It's just a bunch of ass, ass commentary and judges and fans not knowing how to watch or score fights...

I have that cracca the first round just being nice

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Yeah all that for an advantage. Just look how normal north Davids looked at 175.

I could be over simplifying things but if I'm going bro at 18-21, I'm moving up every 2-3 years so my body can take advantage of my youth and fill out muscle and then settle at my final weight in my 30s.

We look at Caleb Plant for example as not having pop but just think about how dudes at the lower classes would fair against him if he wanted to weight bully, and then you factor in when dudes go up and become regular like Mell Charlo, and I gotta see Bud against someone not awkward but it will be interesting if he his now "mortal" and has to lean on boxing for this last run.

154 dudes are big athletic and everyone throwing fire
Tbh while I rate Crawford veeery highly no doubt there were times he looked human. The shawn porter fight was very close tbh. Its that toughness and persistence. Hell inoue went through hell against donaire and out of all the boxers he looks the most unbeatable. Matter of fact I wanna know what inoue ceiling is because his boxing IQ and athleticism is ridiculous

Gunz&Butta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV

My brother calling me telling me Crawford could barely handle matrimov, so it's no way he could be Canelo.

nikka was just fainting and moving. Maybe throwing a straight right hand every minute or 30 secs.
I actually looked at the clock at the 2min mark of the 5th and he didn't throw another punch til the 1min mark.

It's just a bunch of ass, ass commentary and judges and fans not knowing how to watch or score fights...

Yep. Even Chris Mannix and Sergio were on bullshyt. Madrimov basically feignted all night and didn't let his hands go enough.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Tbh while I rate Crawford veeery highly no doubt there were times he looked human. The shawn porter fight was very close tbh. Its that toughness and persistence. Hell inoue went through hell against donaire and out of all the boxers he looks the most unbeatable. Matter of fact I wanna know what inoue ceiling is because his boxing IQ and athleticism is ridiculous

I think Bud vs Fundora will be a fukking ass beating once Bud gets the distance, just look how Tim was spanking his ass before the cut. Prob more reason Fundora wants Spence cause the pay day and a better chance in his eyes to prolong his run

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

casual boxing fans are the worst in any sport. all I see now is how "BAD" Bud looked. and how Canelo will murder him. sign the fukkin contract then Canelo. foh with this b.s. Canelo aint that damn stupid and if he turns down Turki offer then we know what it is. because Madrimov is unknown they say Bud fought a bum. at the same time they may have given Madrimov more credit than he should have gotten for rounds. same way Anderson is the more popular fighter so he was the betting favorite against Bakole. real people knew IF Anderson beat Bakole then he basically was the real deal and he got slaughtered. Madrimov maybe had 3 rounds that he CLEARLY won. Bud clearly won at least 5 rounds...and the rounds that werent clear for either, its hard to even give to Madrimov. Good fighter but he wasnt doing that damn much.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@patscorpio

I think some of the Spence groupies are coming outta witness protection since Bud had a tough fight :heh:

What they don't realize is Spence would've gotten KO'ed by Madrimov lol

I dont necessarily think it was a tough fight. they both said it was neither of their toughest fights. you have to realize what they are saying. it was a boxing chess match. it wasnt necessarily tough for either because neither imposed their will nor tried much to do so. they both were cautious. I thought it was a good fight but people are calling out Fundora, Tszyu, and other 154lbers like either one of these guys wont fukk those guys up. Especially Charlo....I dont even know why he still talking like he in the mix.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I dont necessarily think it was a tough fight. they both said it was neither of their toughest fights. you have to realize what they are saying. it was a boxing chess match. it wasnt necessarily tough for either because neither imposed their will nor tried much to do so. they both were cautious. I thought it was a good fight but people are calling out Fundora, Tszyu, and other 154lbers like either one of these guys wont fukk those guys up. Especially Charlo....I dont even know why he still talking like he in the mix.
Tough fight was definitely the wrong words. I scored it 116-112 but it wasn't as easy as that score; it was competitive. But I couldn't score rounds for Madrimov when he wasn't active enough, was just feinting, & was throwing single punches much of the night. The broadcast was terrible

Last edited:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:whoa::whoa:

And in regard to Roy he fought close to 154 starting off, do you think Bud is giving that version of Roy some work?

dont confuse me saying that Bud being a better boxer than RJJ means he would beat RJJ at 154. nor Whitaker or Duran beating RJJ at 154. you twisting things all up. you do realize that the decline of RJJ came when he couldnt rely on his athleticism any longer and his boxing skill and lack of fundamentals werent good enough from keeping him from losing. the only name person that comes to mind that he really beat after that decline was Lacy who had very little boxing skills.

TheDarkCloud

Superstar
Daps
Bud vs Boots is the fight to make happen next. F all the bullshyt. He out here aging in realtime and not looking as good at 154 as he did at 147. He looked like he got knocked back to reality with this fight and was hesitant when talking about a Canelo fight.

Bud might be undefeated but so is father time with no close fights :umad:
Bud was definitely looking mortal last night lol. Even if Israil took the L, I'm still viewing it as a W. In hindsight, Bud walked into that fight the clear favorite. I even had him winning beforehand. But nikka was definitely brought down a few pegs. Dudes had it confused with the Spence fight because Bud looked like a super human this time last year. That shyt last night showed he isn't super human at all and he can take an L against the right opponent.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
casual boxing fans are the worst in any sport. all I see now is how "BAD" Bud looked. and how Canelo will murder him. sign the fukkin contract then Canelo. foh with this b.s. Canelo aint that damn stupid and if he turns down Turki offer then we know what it is. because Madrimov is unknown they say Bud fought a bum. at the same time they may have given Madrimov more credit than he should have gotten for rounds. same way Anderson is the more popular fighter so he was the betting favorite against Bakole. real people knew IF Anderson beat Bakole then he basically was the real deal and he got slaughtered. Madrimov maybe had 3 rounds that he CLEARLY won. Bud clearly won at least 5 rounds...and the rounds that werent clear for either, its hard to even give to Madrimov. Good fighter but he wasnt doing that damn much.

Everything u said.
I had to call one of my homies cause he's also an ex fighter, accomplished grappler, but he loves boxing and I trust his opinion.

He did start off by saying he doesn't like Canelo for Crawford.
I had to get him focused and tell him I'm only asking about last nights fight lol
He's like he thinks madrimov may have only thrown 10 punches a round. And Crawford bear him and it wasn't close.

So I see what has happened to even no casuals. Their mind is so focused on what Crawford did to Spence and what could happen against Canelo, that they not even looking at last nights fight for what it was Smh

Black Miller

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Columbia, SC via Niagara Falls, NY
Overall a great card by turki but man that was too long. You either got to keep the fights rolling or start even earlier. I like Eminem but that needs to be a performance earlier in the day or a short 12 min Superbowl set. Nobody wants to Eminem when you waiting on the main event. Joint started too late that's unacceptable.

Quick breakdown of the card:

Andy Cruz looked solid but it looks like he needs more working. They been fast tracking him but they gonna get him a loss by speeding him up too fast. Moran had too many good moments vs him. That was just him being more experienced. Once Cruz gets more confidence in his offense with the combos he's gonna be really good. We can see the work bozy putting in with him.

David morrell showed frustration in that fight and it look like the power didn't carry up. He wasn't cutting off the ring and punched himself out. The other dude started looking better the longer the fight went. Same thing with benavidez the weight matters and changes thing.

Jared Anderson hurt my heart watching him. He been self destructing outside the ring for a while and talking about his dedication lacking and he paid for it finally. He fought such a careless and prideful fight trying to trade with that big puncher. The boxing gods got tired of that, he been showing cracks since that martin fight. Unfocused as all hell. This is his fork in road. Either become dedicated or pack it up. I think he could have won this fight if he just boxed and moved and take dude into deep waters later. But he stood and exchanged with dude who had crazy power.

Big baby Miller I though beat Ruiz clean. Ruiz another one not dedicated and undisciplined with his weight. He faded pretty fast and only fought in spurts. Big baby did well but should have pumped that jab more. But the judges took his win away. It was now or never fight for him and he stepped up. Still wonder if he was on something though.

I'm glad the pitbull train got detailed. Dude been on a tour to get that tank rematch. But El rayo boxed his head off cleanly. I figured he could but wasn't sure if he would get reckless and caught with something he can't recover from. Happy for rayo dude has overcome some losses to get back and earn his spot.

I thought Bud beat madrimov 9-3, 8-4 cleanly. I do think madrimov was very active and the feints and rhythm kept Bud from fully stopping him. Madrimov is a big dude and was kinda hesitant to jump in because Bud like to punch with you. So madrimov was smart not to fully engage early. But I thought he probably lost the first 4 rounds just off no activity. Bud was pumping the jab enough to win the rounds. Madrimov did do better in the mid rounds. But he was getting clipped a few times and buzzed but it was at the end of the rounds which allowed him to recover.

While madrimov was live and engaged I don't think he was doing enough to clearly get rounds. Then the last 2 rounds he almost got stopped. Bud chin held up better than I thought. I think the extra weight helped with that. Madrimov has nothing to be ashamed of. I think he would beat a lot of dudes at 154. The amateur experience did help.

But Bud could have jabbed even heavier in the mid rounds. And rip the body a lil more to slow madrimov movement. To off set the rhythm of madrimov and brought the fight to him that might have got him the stoppage. But moving up to a new weight and not sure how you would hold up. Not a bad time to be cautious. This win gonna age well. Madrimov

Bud more skilled than canelo but canelo just too big. Canelo would be able withstand the punching and has an iron chin. I just don't see Bud moving up that high and being able to hurt canelo. Leave that alone. Unless you wanna really cash out but he not gonna be the same afterwards. Canelo might not be prime but he's good enough to beat a smaller fighter moving up.

All in all, a good card.