[8/2/23] AEW Dynamite 200: Elite/Team TNA, Shida/Storm, Mox/Penta/Beretta, Aussie Open/Flipset, and more

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
:mjgrin:I heard that RVD is byke
2c626c3faae6f93b5b4700fcc4c2f180_w200.webp
RE!
SPECT!
WALK!

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I really don’t understand the appeal to Shida, I don’t even recall a real build to this feud.
Or maybe I just skipped those segments, but I don’t see how this is a good idea. She isn’t that popular, am I missing something?

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I really don’t understand the appeal to Shida, I don’t even recall a real build to this feud.
Or maybe I just skipped those segments, but I don’t see how this is a good idea. She isn’t that popular, am I missing something?
She used to sell a ton of merch back when she was on TV more regularly. Don't know if that really translates to anything else, but I remember it because I was taken aback by it because I didn't realize she was that popular.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Think Bret Hart.

Reliable, well respected, non controversial workhorse. The belt goes on her because they dont know what else to do.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp

She used to sell a ton of merch back when she was on TV more regularly. Don't know if that really translates to anything else, but I remember it because I was taken aback by it because I didn't realize she was that popular.

She's the best in-ring female performer in the company. Crowd loves her everywhere AEW goes. She was the top merch seller among the female wrestlers whenever she came back. Her look is unique, and she's charismatic. She gets the crowd going in all of her matches.

In terms of storyline, the entire Outcasts thing is convoluted. You could play up the fact that Paige turned on Shida for Toni Storm. Whenever Shida came back earlier this year, she attacked the Outcasts and helped DMD/Hayter. But then she randomly disappeared again. So yeah, there wasn't a build to it other than them resetting the women's division after that match with DMD/Taya got panned.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
He wanted a title change for Dynamite 200 and couldn’t do any of the others. That’s literally all it is.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
She's the best in-ring female performer in the company. Crowd loves her everywhere AEW goes. She was the top merch seller among the female wrestlers whenever she came back. Her look is unique, and she's charismatic. She gets the crowd going in all of her matches.

In terms of storyline, the entire Outcasts thing is convoluted. You could play up the fact that Paige turned on Shida for Toni Storm. Whenever Shida came back earlier this year, she attacked the Outcasts and helped DMD/Hayter. But then she randomly disappeared again. So yeah, there wasn't a build to it other than them resetting the women's division after that match with DMD/Taya got panned.
Problem with Shida (and all the others Joshis) is she always has shyt going on in Japan so it’s hard for her to stay in AEW full time. That scheduling flexibility and freedom is great for the talent but doesn’t always help the AEW on screen product.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Problem with Shida (and all the others Joshis) is she always has shyt going on in Japan so it’s hard for her to stay in AEW full time. That scheduling flexibility and freedom is great for the talent but doesn’t always help the AEW on screen product.

Same problem with Pac. Pac doesn't want to live in the US at all because his family is in the UK. Shida lived in the US throughout the pandemic and made it a point to speak better English on camera. With All In/All Out being at the end of the month, I think she'll be committed to staying for awhile. I think she dropped her titles in Japan a few months ago too.

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
It’s amazing how much better wrestling is when there’s an actual story and emotional connection as opposed to random guys doing moves