78% OF AMERICANS HAVE SAVED $50,000 OR LESS FOR RETIREMENT

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I believe it. See a ton of hardship withdrawals from the 401k my employees get. Like a notification every month.
Supposed to save money for retirement with it and instead are costing themselves more in penalties. I just hope they have other investments
It’s nasty out here.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I'm sure more capitalist focused policies will help us. Right? :unimpressed:
Right.

Don't be a Democrat shill. You don't save despite all the information out there and social security estimating you pay put that's on you.

I'm with Trump on this one.

You don't want immigrants in to shore up social security do you?

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
it's a complicated area.

The messaging is sometimes that people aren't saving enough,which is fair, but cost of living is increasing higher than the wage growth. That's the sum total of Thomas Pickettys Capital.

So even people making what would be considered a good salary, lets just say 100k, in somewhere like San Diego, with a family are only able to save or match like 2k a month, which leaves them tight every month.

and then the idea that you just save and save and save and retire at 75 or whatever, to do what? One of my boys maybe has close to a million saved, legit IT government work. No fam no kids. but he's so burned out. He doesn't really like his life very much.

and so someone may look at him like he's doing it right, but one, is he? and two, if he had a family, which may provide more value and more meaning, he couldn't save like that.

I know a lot of people who basically did everything right. Bought houses earlier than most. Steady, decent jobs. Saving for retirement. but in this economic conditions, they are pretty tight, financially.

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Right.

Don't be a Democrat shill. You don't save despite all the information out there and social security estimating you pay put that's on you.

I'm with Trump on this one.

You don't want immigrants in to shore up social security do you?
If I'm not mistaken, immigrants pay into social security but they don't receive the benefits

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
If I'm not mistaken, immigrants pay into social security but they don't receive the benefits
exactly when they retire they go home.

Actually that's what most immigrants want to do the problem is they get used to american infrastucture and rule of law

But if they stack up say 20K that ain't enough to live on here but that's a kings ransom in the countryside of Peru

My ex worked in the states has a SSN paid into SS and taxes and didn't stick around to get her refund she didnt even know she could get a refund.

Some US welfare recipient benefited from the money she left on the table.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
People blaming the government yet again need to hold this L

Alot of people need to change their spending habits. Know so many dudes making six figures talking about buying $80k priced cars or some extravagant vacation just cause. The dumbest thing to do is to splurge on your money in your highest earning years

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
All that money will be worthless anyway.
Inflation is destroying savings unless you get a big interest rate.

What's the point of enjoying life at 70 with all the knee and back problems?
Enjoying life? More like being able to keep the lights on and feed yourself when you’re retired (if you even get to retire) without having to be a Wal Mart greeter :francis:

You gotta be making bread in your working years to enjoy life

Last edited:

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
nikkas keep thinking this world ain’t about to be on fire or underwater :russ:
Climate change is going to fukk us all if not the oligarchs finally pushing that button to crumble all this shyt
Retirement is not in the cards for us
If you have the means now
You better do it and enjoy your life
shyt ain’t sweet out here