77% black births to single moms, 49% for Hispanic immigrants

Ya?

Banned
Daps
That's just not reality for every black woman. That's why you see so many getting degrees and trying to position themselves financially, mainly because they know they are going to do it alone. Black men are the ones that control marriage. It's natural for women to want children and it seems unnatural for me to want either marriage or children, so waiting is kind a big deal especially when your uterus has an expiration date.

Marriage minded men exist when ones go looking for them. If black women especially black women coming from cultures with low marriage minded men do not start demanding more for themselves no one else will do so on their behalf.

Some black women stay in this woe is me cycle wanting less for themselves or thinking they deserve less. Go where the marriage minded men are.

Don’t stick to men who are only going to sex you and give more responsibilities. Positioning oneself financially is half the battle, positioning families is the other half.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't know how anyone can just walk away from their kid.

Male or female.

For men, I can definitely see it. A lot need emotional connections to the mother in order to have emotional connections to the child. For women I can see it too, it's a pretty overwhelming experience.

• Dap
Reactions: Ya?

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Marriage minded men exist when ones go looking for them. If black women especially black women coming from cultures with low marriage minded men do not start demanding more for themselves no one else will do so on their behalf.

Some black women stay in this woe is me cycle wanting less for themselves or thinking they deserve less. Go where the marriage minded men are.

Don’t stick to men who are only going to sex you and give more responsibilities. Positioning oneself financially is half the battle, positioning families is the other half.

I'm not saying there aren't marriage minded men, I'm saying that there isn't one for every black woman that desires children. Some women will NEVER get married, but it doesn't mean they should completely miss out on having children. I think marriage is ideal of course, but just not reality.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not saying there aren't marriage minded men, I'm saying that there isn't one for every black woman that desires children. Some women will NEVER get married, but it doesn't mean they should completely miss out on having children. I think marriage is ideal of course, but just not reality.

Ahh the population argument. :mjlol:

"There just wasn't enough good men left in the world... I had to be a single mom :wow:"

Ya?

Banned
Daps

Which stats do you refer to.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ahh the population argument. :mjlol:

"There just wasn't enough good men left in the world... I had to be a single mom :wow:"

:russ: I didn't say that. Also, marriage can be farce. It's like having a beautiful house on the outside, but it's dirty af inside. It doesn't automatically lead to men being better fathers, women not feeling like a single mother, or a stable family overall. It just appears that way. Again, it's ideal, but I don't feel a woman with an expiring uterus should wait. :manny:

Which stats do you refer to.

Women outnumber men. If you find a stat that says otherwise, then ok.

LoStranger

Banned
Daps
Well its because the black man ain't allowed in the home when she on section 8 or housing. Cacs are evil removing fathers from their homes:sadcam:

I agree but if you're not married and or living in the same house then why are these black men having unprotected sex with black women? Are they stupid or something? You know most of these women out are here are air heads and lack any logic there not going to use birth control (the pill) abort their children because they see the children as a meal ticket to get free money so they can go to the salon to get their blonde weaves sown in.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well its because the black man ain't allowed in the home when she on section 8 or housing. Cacs are evil removing fathers from their homes:sadcam:

I guess the whole argument is, if it's two of y'all WHY DO YOU NEED SECTION 8 and why would you even want it? And I wish people stop saying this period, because a good number of single mothers don't get section 8 and don't qualify for it and don't want it.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
@Booksnrain @Thomas Let's clear the air about the high out of marriage wedlock stat.

I don't have time to list references but the list below is what you need to know about out of wedlock birthis in our community, which I don't think is positive overall, and how it happened. Draw your own conclusions on how to stop it.

1. Unmarried Black women's fertility has been decreasing since the 1960s overall. The boost in the 1990s was due to a teenage pregnancy boom which has reversed back to the level in the 1960s.

2. The key factors driving the increase in Black kids born out of wedlock since the 1960s are not because Shaniqua on welfare has five kids. Those welfare single mothers have had declining fertility. The reasons are:

a. #GMB The decline in marriage amongst Blacks. Note that those who don't get married into their 30s and 40s and don't have kids actually add to the stat since they would have been married and had kids under historical circumstances, raising the amount of kids raised in marriage.

b. The decline in fertility amongst Blacks who are married. Black married people's fertility has dropped like a rock since the 1960s and its fast decline, faster than unmarried Black women's fertility drop, is what has largely driven the rise in the ratio of births out of marriage. Married Black people are typically educated and higher earning and thus kids are more expensive for them. Also they get married later (average marriage age of 30+) which limits the possibilities for many kids for several reasons, some biological.

Even getting married, married Black women have less fertility and have less kids over their life on average than married White women. Part of it is probably economic and part of it may be marriage age. Getting married 3-5 years older probably accommodates one more kid.

c. The Black married woman's fertility rate is so low, that if we put a gun to unmarried Black womens' heads and said "don't have kids", while not helping them get married, we would have one of the lower rates of fertility in the developed world. Not quite as bad as Asia but under replacement like much of Europe setting us up for population stagnation and then decrease. The only long term solution to maintain fertility and lower the out of wedlock birth rate is to increase marriage and/or have married people have more kids. That's the only way the math works.

d. The out of marriage rate had already nearly peaked near 70% by the time rap and hip hop became the culture in the early 1990s. Could you argue they perpetuate it? Maybe but they didn't start it just like they didn't start the rise in homicide. Both were peaking when NWA came on the scene.

Also of interesting note, though not widely discussed by the people who demand telling 'hard truths' to us, is that the rise in White out of marriage births, about 30% for those under 30 I think, has been driven by the increase in unmarried White womens' fertility. Namely, it is being driven by the exact factor they claim (falsely) drove ours and that they wrongly berated us for (Welfare queens etc.) for 40 years. Declining White marital fertility is also playing a role but married White women still on average have more kids over their lifetime than married Black women as I explained above.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What do you mean by this? :patrice: A person looking for marriage, while making themselves marriable can definitely find a partner within their race.
LOL at "marriable". We can agree to disagree, but the reality is that not all black women will be married in their lifetime, whether they make themselves "marriable" or not.