702 was a cool group. What was their story post I Still Love You?

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M

Lead singer Meelah Williams (the dark skinned one) gave a VERY in-depth and interesting summary on 702's whole existence on Ed Lover's podcast. Anybody into 90's R&B definitely needs to listen this whole episode and it really shows why girl R&B groups almost always implode after the 2nd album. Lemisha basically got mad because initially she was the lead when the group first started and Meelah was picked to be lead after they got signed. I really forgot how huge they really were before I listened to this. Man.

Meelah dated Mike from 112 too....no :dame:.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps

Lead singer Meelah Williams (the dark skinned one) gave a VERY in-depth and interesting summary on 702's whole existence on Ed Lover's podcast. Anybody into 90's R&B definitely needs to listen this whole episode and it really shows why girl R&B groups almost always implode after the 2nd album.

Dap and +rep, thanks. Bout to listen to this now. :salute:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
So hold up, I'm confused cause I never knew their backstory.

Lameisha, Orish and Irish are sisters, right? Irish and Orish were twins, right?

bolded is correct.

they were the original 702, along with their cousin Amelia. orish & Amelia left the group before the album came out. orish still has vocals or backgrounds on the album and would fill in if somebody missed a show.

they brought in meelah who was classmates with one of them(prolly lameisha) but in the process, she ended up taking lameisha's spot as the lead singer.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
bolded is correct.

they were the original 702, along with their cousin Amelia. orish & Amelia left the group before the album came out. orish still has vocals or backgrounds on the album and would fill in if somebody missed a show.

they brought in meelah who was classmates with one of them(prolly lameisha) but in the process, she ended up taking lameisha's spot as the lead singer.

Hmm, oh ok. I see. Thanks for clearing that up. :salute:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
orish mustve always been sickly.

she was like half irish's size. that's prolly why she left the group. she looked like a little girl in that soul train clip with subway, that someone posted earlier.

fast forward to '97 tho. I barely remember this. random as f*ck.

Antiquity

All Star
Daps
They're so beautiful

702-702-Interior_Frontal.jpg

7021.jpg

702.png

tumblr_mrb91l3t3w1szbfero1_500.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

Is it me or did they have different members in 1994?

Lameisha, Orish and Irish are sisters, right? Irish and Orish were twins, right?

bolded is correct.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
anybody remember when they tried to make a comeback without meelah?

they had a replacement. anybody know her name?

I think all they did was that pootie tang song.:laugh: then they came back next year with meelah and dropped that last album.

this is the only time I recall irish singing in a video.

Last edited: