700+ African dead attempting to escape the motherland by boat for Europe.

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
I get what you're saying. That wasn't what he meant though. He's citing this as a reason to laugh at blacks who want to go "back" to Africa.

Well for one, the idea of leaving the country because shyt sucks here, is a personal endevour not one that actually benefits a community as a whole.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Well someone needs to get control so it dosen't look like brehs are running off to cac society for a better life.

I wan't to see Africa built into a great continent, i'm tired of hearing Tariq Nasheed talk about how superior white people are.

Either have to destroy capitalism or gain capital and use it wisely :manny:

Daps
Reppin
VOID
This thread is sad for so many reasons.

1) the title
2) the circumstances
3) the lack of respect for the dead
4) so called African Americans shytting on Africa. Seriously fukk all of you. Have fun continuing to live in a land that was built off of the suffering of your ancestors and their exploitation while you hate on the land that holds the keys to your heritage and your true origins. Like it or not those are your people. Those are our people. You'll never be european, you'll never be a true american....you'll always need a hyphen.

You remind me of those same lost negros that told me that I wasn't black cause I was african....
You didn't come here on the fukkin mayflower. Smh....

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Damn this hurts my soul.
Our people go through so much.
Its no wonder they hold on to the belief that they will somehow find a better life after they pass. Its hard struggling every day and thinking thats its in vain. I hope they all rest in peace. I feel horrible for thier families. Probably was just trying to find jobs to take care of thier families.
Same...:mjcry:

I wish my people didn't have to face such peril just to make a living for themselves.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Africa is so large of a continent that you can fit North America in it like 5 times. You're way off if you think this tragedy reflects an entire continent where there is plenty of thriving countries, cities, and people.
Thank you.

Some of these posts are just so sad....
That's the point, why would anyone risk their life going to a cac country then?
Let's face it...9 times out of 10...Africans have to leave their home country to go to a more developed one just to make a livjng. Because of a lack of resources, terrible economy, political corruption, instability with the social infrastructure etc.

My dad left Nigeria in the 70s after the economic collapse. He studied medicine in England and then eventually made it to America on a full ride medical scholarship due to his grades and hard work.

Why are there so many Africans, Indians, etc that become doctors? That's because they're usually from areas where there are one doctor to every 1,000-10,000 people.

If there were more opportunities to make a living there...trust me they would not be doing stuff like this.

Truth200

Banned
Daps
Same...:mjcry:

I wish my people didn't have to face such peril just to make a living for themselves.

The point is once Africa gets built into a great continent shyt like this won't happen anymore.

Cacs will have no leverage once that happens.

Honestly i'm tired of racist white people being able to say black people can't build a great society in modern times.

I'm tired of cacs saying how Africa is filled with tribal warfare and that's why blacks want to live in Europe.

Daps
Reppin
London
Gotdamn. Why didn't they just build utopia!:damn:

Too many reasons why building utopia isn't an option for the many refugees.

To those mocking the dead migrants, bear in mind that many of those people were fleeing certain death in their respective countries. Their countries have been ravaged by continuous civil wars and sectarian violence. The neighbouring African countries, to which they initially escaped, are already highly populated with refugees and chock full of refugee camps. Those who were unlucky, fled to Libya and found much of the same violence there. It's little wonder that several have decided that Europe represents a viable option from escaping a nightmare - one over which they have little control. It sucks all around.

Truth200

Banned
Daps
Their countries have been ravaged by continuous civil wars and sectarian violence. The neighbouring African countries, to which they initially escaped, are already highly populated with refugees and chock full of refugee camps. .

So when is enough going to be enough and the tribal warfare finally comes to end?

Boat loads of people shouldn't be dying trying to escape to cac countries that don't want them there.